2014 TV thread

Kyyle23

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah I love workaholics. The MDMA one was so on point. I dont understand why Blake wouldnt just take the drinks away, no way would I let all those old ladies drink my s***.

Also Big Bang Theory was really good tonight. James Earl Jones aka Darth Vader is a nicer guy than youd think.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jan 31, 2014 -> 10:07 AM)
Your intro offer expire?

Late fee?

When I moved and signed up, my promotion was for a year I was told. But after 6 months it went up. They told me it's still a promotional offer for next 6 months, despite being more. So in 6 months, my stuff will go up again. Fn bs.

QUOTE (Brian @ Jan 31, 2014 -> 10:10 AM)
When I moved and signed up, my promotion was for a year I was told. But after 6 months it went up. They told me it's still a promotional offer for next 6 months, despite being more. So in 6 months, my stuff will go up again. Fn bs.

Tell em you are switching.

"Found a coupon"

QUOTE (Brian @ Jan 30, 2014 -> 08:17 PM)
My fn Comcast bill went up $20 this month for no reason.

We had basic cable through Comcast and it seemed like they were raising their prices every other month. It was over $80. So we finally decided to switch to DirectTV. $61 for the first 3 months + free HBO, Cinemax, Showtime, etc… After 3 months we’ll cancel the movie channels and it will go up $10. Plus we have an offer for a $200 rebate.

I’m just excited that we finally have a DVR.

Edited by Iwritecode

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jan 29, 2014 -> 07:38 AM)
I'm 7 episodes into Black Orphan. It's amazing. No idea where the "slow episodes in the middle" comment came from - I feel like the foot's been on the gas all season.

As stated earlier, it's become one of my favorites.

QUOTE (Iwritecode @ Jan 31, 2014 -> 11:22 AM)
We had basic cable through Comcast and it seemed like they were raising their prices every other month. It was over $80. So we finally decided to switch to DirectTV. $61 for the first 3 months + free HBO, Cinemax, Showtime, etc… After 3 months we’ll cancel the movie channels and it will go up $10. Plus we have an offer for a $200 rebate.

I’m just excited that we finally have a DVR.

I've said it before in this thread, but call DirecTV every 6 months on the day and they'll give you some kind of promotion. All you need to do is ask what kind of deal they have for you to lower your payment.

My only complaint with DirectTV was the fact that they couldn’t put the dish on the roof where I wanted it. I have a perfect spot for it on the back of my house where it wouldn’t put holes in the new roof I just paid to have put on last year.

The installer said they couldn’t put it anywhere that he’d have to get off his ladder due to the weather. Then he said if we wanted it mounted on a pole in the grass it would be an extra $75 on the spot by either cash or check. So we ended up having to put it on our back deck.

I specifically asked about this when I called them and those issues were never brought up.

QUOTE (Brian @ Jan 31, 2014 -> 02:42 PM)
Wanted DirectTV but nowhere to put dish on townhouse w/o a tree in the way and UVerse not in my area yet. I'm basically stuck with Comcast for 18 more months.

Did Directv tell you that a tree is in the way? I live in a pretty heavily wooded area and i get a 98-99% signal pretty consistently. You should see if they can send a technician to check if you would have issues with signal

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jan 31, 2014 -> 05:15 PM)
Did Directv tell you that a tree is in the way? I live in a pretty heavily wooded area and i get a 98-99% signal pretty consistently. You should see if they can send a technician to check if you would have issues with signal

They mentioned it but they're right. A couple of trees plus forest preserve. Hope UVerse is out here by the time my commitment runs out.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Jan 30, 2014 -> 01:21 AM)
I'm just hoping the entire show is not all about this one serial killer they are going to be chasing. I fear it could turn in to The Killing where they lead us in 100 different directions and drag one case on for multiple seasons. I wonder if they could use the same format and just go through a couple different cold cases that are being reopened.

From what I've read (sources who have seen episodes early), it seems that the case is just the backdrop. The show is more of a character study.

It's going to be tough to top what Mcconaughey and Harrelson are giving them this season. Hopefully having short singular story seasons will attract some A-listers who would otherwise not be able to commit to a series.

QUOTE (TaylorStSox @ Jan 30, 2014 -> 10:14 PM)
Watched the first season of Vikings throughout the week. As much as I wanted to like it, it's just not very good.

To each their own. I loved the show. I think the acting was very good and the sets and scenery fantastic. Good entertainment.

Edited by BigEdWalsh

Kind of a slower week for Shameless. I saw a girl wearing a "Chicago Polytechnic" shirt in this episode. It's definitely not a mistake now. I'm really surprised how badly his prof and Dean was being a dick about him being late for the test. Not only have I ever taken every test I've showed up late for, but I've even been able to make up a few of them that I've just 100% missed and forgot even existed. Obviously not the same type of school, but I was surprised by how harsh they were.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Feb 3, 2014 -> 01:13 AM)
Kind of a slower week for Shameless. I saw a girl wearing a "Chicago Polytechnic" shirt in this episode. It's definitely not a mistake now. I'm really surprised how badly his prof and Dean was being a dick about him being late for the test. Not only have I ever taken every test I've showed up late for, but I've even been able to make up a few of them that I've just 100% missed and forgot even existed. Obviously not the same type of school, but I was surprised by how harsh they were.

The show's hit a lull...the kidney subplot is boring, the boss and brother subplots are both lame...Lip's fate is the only interesting one for the moment.

Will he go back to his ex? Will he meet the prissy/stiff "Southside" girl he first encountered at the party again? Does he have a shot with the blonde TA? Will the blonde TA get naked, haha? I actually thought the girl who was coming into the laundry room was about to be next.

And what's the deal with the Russian prostitutes thing? Really? How is that supposed to be compelling in any way?

Then you have Debbie...sigh.

Wish Jimmy/Steve would come back from the dead...and not looking forward to all the dramatic possibilities with the four babies on the way, either.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Feb 3, 2014 -> 08:31 AM)
The show's hit a lull...the kidney subplot is boring, the boss and brother subplots are both lame...Lip's fate is the only interesting one for the moment.

Will he go back to his ex? Will he meet the prissy/stiff "Southside" girl he first encountered at the party again? Does he have a shot with the blonde TA? Will the blonde TA get naked, haha? I actually thought the girl who was coming into the laundry room was about to be next.

And what's the deal with the Russian prostitutes thing? Really? How is that supposed to be compelling in any way?

Then you have Debbie...sigh.

Wish Jimmy/Steve would come back from the dead...and not looking forward to all the dramatic possibilities with the four babies on the way, either.

Agreed. This season in general has just been boring. Not a single compelling story line.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Feb 3, 2014 -> 07:31 AM)

I said the same thing when they killed Jimmy Darmody from Boardwalk. Jimmy/Steve wasn't the main character, but his character made the show much more interesting. After Darmondy died, Boardwalk was good, but never quite as good. It's probably a good thing they never showed Jimmy/Steve dying, as if the show continues in this direction they could possibly bring him back. Ofcourse by that time, Fiona will have to be in a serious relationship with someone else she isn't already cheating on to make it more interesting.

QUOTE (The Gooch @ Feb 4, 2014 -> 10:16 AM)
I said the same thing when they killed Jimmy Darmody from Boardwalk. Jimmy/Steve wasn't the main character, but his character made the show much more interesting. After Darmondy died, Boardwalk was good, but never quite as good. It's probably a good thing they never showed Jimmy/Steve dying, as if the show continues in this direction they could possibly bring him back. Ofcourse by that time, Fiona will have to be in a serious relationship with someone else she isn't already cheating on to make it more interesting.

Logically, one would hope she would be evolving into more of a responsible career...sort of like the shot she had at "managing" the club for one night, and now the sales promotion...where she meets someone who is able to help her out in her career instead of sabotage it, a mentor type.

Her current boyfriend might be the most boring one in the history of television, which is intentional to play off the brother...but they've got to come up with someone who fans of the show are rooting for and pit him against Jimmy/Steve.

I'd almost rather send her back to the neighborhood policeman.