2014 TV thread

Kyyle23

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wish Shark Week didnt kick off with the crappy Faux-documentary about Submarine Shark. They should show the real stuff, the good stuff, before they show the poorly made show with bad actors pretending they are upset about events that didnt happen.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Aug 11, 2014 -> 07:29 AM)
I wish Shark Week didnt kick off with the crappy Faux-documentary about Submarine Shark. They should show the real stuff, the good stuff, before they show the poorly made show with bad actors pretending they are upset about events that didnt happen.

I don't understand why they do it.. They try and make you believe the story is true, what is the point? I quick google search would tell anyone that it was fake even without the horrible acting and the fact they "found" footage from this crash where everyone fell off the boat into water.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Aug 11, 2014 -> 01:52 PM)
Hell on Wheels added some nice Federal Law baddies this season. But for like the 3rd season in a row we have to watch the people of Cheyenne be surprised that Bohannon is still alive as he returns to town, thought to be dead.

I enjoyed the first season, but eventually gave up. The show just didn't go anywhere. And the characters all kinda sucked.

QUOTE (Brian @ Aug 11, 2014 -> 03:52 PM)
Anyone watch Married on FX? Watched first four on demand and I like it. Going to try "You're the Worst" next.

My wife and I have watched them all so far. It's a solid show. Occasionally they have some actual, relateable marital issues and have fun with it, but then they run with a "we live in LA with two kids and have no money but we have fancy laptops and buy coffee drinks and go on romantic getaways" story line which is old and overplayed these days.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Aug 11, 2014 -> 04:01 PM)
My wife and I have watched them all so far. It's a solid show. Occasionally they have some actual, relateable marital issues and have fun with it, but then they run with a "we live in LA with two kids and have no money but we have fancy laptops and buy coffee drinks and go on romantic getaways" story line which is old and overplayed these days.

I'm not married and have no desire to be so not sure what's real or not.

Watching first You're The a Worst. Holy crap, how is this show even on FX? So vulgar. Or am I a prude?

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Aug 11, 2014 -> 03:57 PM)
I enjoyed the first season, but eventually gave up. The show just didn't go anywhere. And the characters all kinda sucked.

It is kind of like Sons of Anarchy, started out awesome but then there is not really much more to build on. I still watch it and it is a decent enough show.

QUOTE (knightni @ Aug 12, 2014 -> 03:25 PM)
I've been renting and watching BBC's Sherlock (I'm just one episode into season 2).

I like it, but only 3 episodes a season is a sad disappointment.

Yeah, but they are each mini-movies at 1.5 hrs long. I'm usually pretty exhausted after one.

QUOTE (bmags @ Aug 13, 2014 -> 01:35 PM)
Yeah, but they are each mini-movies at 1.5 hrs long. I'm usually pretty exhausted after one.

Ditto. I watched one every few days on Netflix before watching s3 as it aired.

It's good but the runtime is rough.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Aug 14, 2014 -> 01:19 PM)
Christine played right into the Bomb Squads plan. Good god is she dumb, she just killed her alliance, and got Nicole and herself booted in one fell swoop because she is so gullible.

She's awful. Just flips and can't keep her mouth shut.

Maybe that all girl alliance idea that got Joey booted would've been a good idea week 1. All the girls have been pawns.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Aug 14, 2014 -> 10:22 PM)
Hopefully Hayden or Nicole comes back next week, I'm going to find god and slap him in the face if Jocasta comes back.

The day Caleb is evicted, I'll dance. That dude reminds me of some ass at the gym that acts all tough for no reason.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Aug 14, 2014 -> 10:22 PM)
Hopefully Hayden or Nicole comes back next week, I'm going to find god and slap him in the face if Jocasta comes back.

Hopefully they f*** like bunnies and somehow Nicole winds up topless on my tv screen.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Aug 14, 2014 -> 01:19 PM)
Christine played right into the Bomb Squads plan. Good god is she dumb, she just killed her alliance, and got Nicole and herself booted in one fell swoop because she is so gullible.

Yeah, I hope she enjoys getting back doored this week (or next, if they go for Donnie).

QUOTE (Brian @ Aug 15, 2014 -> 06:15 AM)
The day Caleb is evicted, I'll dance. That dude reminds me of some ass at the gym that acts all tough for no reason.

I've actually grown to kind of like Caleb, especially recently.

Derrick has this house on lockdown. I just can't see anyone being smart enough to make a play for him. He just so smartly turned the ire of the house for almost finding out he's everyone's ally directly at blowhard Zach.

This season. This is a season.

God damn, Rachel Reilly is still so f***ably ugly/trainreckably.