2014 TV thread

Kyyle23

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Aug 24, 2014 -> 09:26 PM)
Thank god I will never have to watch another episode of True Blood.

What a horrible f***ing finale.

Beat me to it. Not as bad as Dexter, but close. Can't believe I watched these past 3 seasons.

Only good part was Eric coming full circle and becoming his old self.

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Aug 25, 2014 -> 10:33 AM)
The Last Ship finale was last night and I really enjoyed the show. Some episodes were slow due to the limited locations (the ship) but now that they're at where they're at, I'm looking forward to what is going to happen next season.

It was one of my favorite summer shows. I forgot that last night was the season finale. I was bummed when at the end they said returning in 2015.

QUOTE (pittshoganerkoff @ Aug 25, 2014 -> 11:19 AM)
Finally started watching The Strain. I'm really enjoying it. It has followed the book very well so far.

Well i would hope so, considering Del Toro wrote the books in order to pitch the show

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Aug 23, 2014 -> 01:28 PM)
Yep. Nerdist. He does a celebrity bowling show on YouTube that I enjoy.

and "At Midnight" on CC

loved catching up with some of my favorite Simpsons episodes over the weekend

Breaking Bad, as it should have, just bent the Emmy's over a barrel and showed them the 50 states.

Won for best drama, best actor, best supporting actor, best supporting actress. Only major award it didn't win was best lead actress, because it didn't even have an entry. It also won a few other awards for other things. I am pretty sure they won every single award they were nominated for except for one, and it lost it to True Detective, which is fine with me.

QUOTE (Brian @ Aug 26, 2014 -> 04:00 AM)
I still don't get the Modern Family love. It's ok but not the best comedy every year.

I'm not hard to please at all when it comes to comedies but I don't find that show funny whatsoever.

Edited by Rowand44

The rule this year was apparently - give the Emmy to someone who already has an Emmy. Most were well deserved, but the Modern Family love is nauseating. That show WAS great, but hasn't been good for a while. The stories are all the same, they just changed up the couple. Meh.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Aug 26, 2014 -> 09:14 AM)
The rule this year was apparently - give the Emmy to someone who already has an Emmy. Most were well deserved, but the Modern Family love is nauseating. That show WAS great, but hasn't been good for a while. The stories are all the same, they just changed up the couple. Meh.

Exactly my feelings. And you can see the jokes a mile away.

I'd like it more if it was just Phil and Claire's family, despite him even being annoying sometimes.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Aug 26, 2014 -> 04:33 PM)
Anyone loving the Simpsons 24/7 marathon? Yeah yeah I know it's the cool thing to s*** on the show but every season still has its redeeming qualities.

It has been awesome. The first nine or 10 seasons of that show are basically perfection. I've stopped watching it on a weekly basis because it did fall off but even post season 10 there have been some great episodes (and the next few seasons after season 10 were still pretty great).