2014 TV thread

Kyyle23

Yeah, another way for Nucky to try and redeem himself.

It really sucks that the show is ending and that this last season is compressed. Getting Capone and the rise of Luciano and Lansky could have been entire seasons. Instead it's basically taken care of in 1.5 hours.

I think they're also making the characters act in ways to match the plot instead of the other way around. I have a hard time believing Nucky would just show up to that meeting and expect Luciano to keep his word. These are guys that have tried to get you wacked multiple times. Why not call up the other New York boss and have him come with his X amount of goons and trap Luciano and Lansky right there.

Also, it's hilarious that a song "My Girl's p****" was (1) an actual song and (2) a popular song.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The second episode of The Affair was still good. That show is definitely making the rotation. I love the story telling device: 30 minutes from his perspective, 30 minutes from hers, subtle and not so subtle differences in each. And all leading to some whodunit mystery.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Oct 20, 2014 -> 01:26 PM)

It really sucks that the show is ending and that this last season is compressed. Getting Capone and the rise of Luciano and Lansky could have been entire seasons. Instead it's basically taken care of in 1.5 hours.

I think they're also making the characters act in ways to match the plot instead of the other way around. I have a hard time believing Nucky would just show up to that meeting and expect Luciano to keep his word. These are guys that have tried to get you wacked multiple times. Why not call up the other New York boss and have him come with his X amount of goons and trap Luciano and Lansky right there.

Also, it's hilarious that a song "My Girl's p****" was (1) an actual song and (2) a popular song.

Oh my god, that's real?

Looks like I've got my new ringtone.

TWD with another good episode.

It looks like Tyrese left that guy alive, because I am pretty sure we saw that guy in the cannibal scene at the end of the show.

Also, am I wrong to think that Bob was bitten in the flooded basement when he was dragged underwater? Is that why he was acting weird and asking for kisses over and over, and then went outside and was crying? It seemed to me he was either leaving, or about to kill himself

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Oct 20, 2014 -> 01:26 PM)

Agreed. I'll have positive memories of the show when it's over, but it definitely feels like it could have been so much more. The show was about Nucky from start to finish, and they didn't want to branch out too far away from him.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Oct 20, 2014 -> 01:49 PM)

It looks like Tyrese left that guy alive, because I am pretty sure we saw that guy in the cannibal scene at the end of the show.

Also, am I wrong to think that Bob was bitten in the flooded basement when he was dragged underwater? Is that why he was acting weird and asking for kisses over and over, and then went outside and was crying? It seemed to me he was either leaving, or about to kill himself

Potential spoiler from comic book:

I think you are right about that scene and it is consistent with a similar story line in the comics. In the comics there is a group of cannibals that eat one of Dale's legs after Dale is infected. Dale had left the group to go die alone. The cannibals are killed before we see if the infection could be spread in this way though.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Oct 20, 2014 -> 01:49 PM)

Yeah I think he got bit. And yes that guy Tyrese said he killed is still alive.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Oct 20, 2014 -> 01:23 AM)
Also, Homeland.....come on now. I had that feeling last episode w/ Carrie, but I thought I was just being crazy. I can't believe that is actually happening now. She just continues to disgust me.

Just weird.. I don't get why they would do that

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Oct 20, 2014 -> 08:08 PM)
I don't think she did it to get him closer to her. I think she just fell in love with Brody over time

I don't know, in both cases it seems she is justifying her actions initially because it will help her do her job, and then in both (or at least the first time), she ended up falling in love. We'll see what happens this time around. I'm sure they won't drag us down that path again. He probably gets killed or something.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Oct 20, 2014 -> 08:11 PM)
I don't know, in both cases it seems she is justifying her actions initially because it will help her do her job, and then in both (or at least the first time), she ended up falling in love. We'll see what happens this time around. I'm sure they won't drag us down that path again. He probably gets killed or something.

He is like 21 years old, I don't think they would do that. Based off the previews of the next episode it seemed like she had a reason

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Oct 20, 2014 -> 12:40 PM)
Pretty sure he's just a kid that reminds Nucky of himself, so he sent him away to prevent him from leading his life.

Given that Gillian is re-entering the picture, I could see the kid still turning out to be Tommy. Although if it was him, it doesn't make much sense why he hasn't just killed him already if that's his plan.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Oct 21, 2014 -> 08:13 AM)
Given that Gillian is re-entering the picture, I could see the kid still turning out to be Tommy. Although if it was him, it doesn't make much sense why he hasn't just killed him already if that's his plan.

The problem with this theory is that Richard would have had to tell Tommy what happened to his dad. I think from what we've seen of Richard/Tommy, he was protecting Tommy as much as possible from that world. Especially after the massacre at Gillian's brothel/whorehouse.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Oct 21, 2014 -> 12:24 PM)
The problem with this theory is that Richard would have had to tell Tommy what happened to his dad. I think from what we've seen of Richard/Tommy, he was protecting Tommy as much as possible from that world. Especially after the massacre at Gillian's brothel/whorehouse.

I would believe it if Tommy found out from other people what had happened, but like I said before, the timeline is like 5-7 years off for that to end up being Tommy, so I'm hoping it's not.

What about Teddy Schroeder, or I guess, Teddy Thompson? He would be 17 years old at this point, and Nucky hasn't seen him since he was 10. Margaret says in S05E04 that Teddy is about to graduate from Industrial School. Maybe he just graduated and now has time to go find his dad? And maybe this is who Nucky will leave his business to?

Edited by Chilihead90

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Oct 21, 2014 -> 02:01 PM)
I would believe it if Tommy found out from other people what had happened, but like I said before, the timeline is like 5-7 years off for that to end up being Tommy, so I'm hoping it's not.

What about Teddy Schroeder, or I guess, Teddy Thompson? He would be 17 years old at this point, and Nucky hasn't seen him since he was 10. Margaret says in S05E04 that Teddy is about to graduate from Industrial School. Maybe he just graduated and now has time to go find his dad? And maybe this is who Nucky will leave his business to?

No business left though.

Finished S1 of Peaky Blinders today. Pretty decent show. The setting and time period is awesome. The characters are really good and the story and acting is great. Only downside is that there is a ton of dialogue that slows things down, and of course having to have subtitles on the whole time.

Can't wait to see how S2 is with Tom Hardy. I'm guessing he will be a bad guy so he can be a 1 season and done type role, but I guess I'll find out after the Hawks game. I'm just worried that since I'll be watching S2 through the Showbox app, I won't have subtitles to rely on like I do with Netflix.

Oh beautiful, what timing. Showbox updated today and one of the new updates is that they added subtitles. YESSSSSSSS.

So now I can start S2 of Peaky Blinders and not be missing out on half the dialogue. And for anyone who watches the show but hasn't started S2.....there definitely was a gunshot at the end of S1. I just won't tell you who fired it at whom. It's spicy.