Kyyle23

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Brian @ Apr 6, 2014 -> 07:39 AM)
So, Anna Kendrick dressed as Ariel....

/spankbankfilled

That was a pretty good skit too, actually.

On another note, solid start to Game of Thrones last night.

Edited by dasox24

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Apr 7, 2014 -> 01:11 AM)
Shameless.............. WHAAAAAAAT! I think it's awesome that non of the cast members even knew about that last scene. I'll be vague until others see it, because it's a pretty big spoiler.

Yeah, that was a surprise. When it happened, I said to my wife, "Is that

Jimmy?

"

QUOTE (Brian @ Apr 5, 2014 -> 10:55 PM)
Shes kinda cute but has no knees. :P

I'm ok with that. i dont need her on them very often.

QUOTE (Brian @ Apr 6, 2014 -> 07:39 AM)
So, Anna Kendrick dressed as Ariel....

/spankbankfilled

That shell bra needed to be a little smaller.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Apr 7, 2014 -> 07:32 AM)
Game of Thrones clearly amazing.

Silicon Valley - going to be awesome, last night was hilarious.

VEEP - saving it for later this week. That one requires full attention.

Glad to hear that. I added HBO just to catch this.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Apr 7, 2014 -> 02:12 AM)
I hate GOT because of what my brain drew during the books.

What bothered you this episode? The depiction of the Thenns was a bit odd but I like that they brought their (rumored?) cannibalistic nature to the screen. I'll always prefer the books to the show in the this series, but I think GoT has done mostly a great job in the adaptation.

Also, it looks like the Purple wedding is next week, but I wonder how much of the feast they are going to get to

Edited by ChiSox_Sonix

QUOTE (Brian @ Apr 7, 2014 -> 09:00 AM)
No fictional character pisses me off more than Frank Gallagher. Macy is so good as him that I'm starting to hate him.

I wasn't a Jimmy fan so don't care about his return.

I thought the finale was great. I knew immediately what was wrong with Ian and it was definitely a sad moment. I hate that JimmySteve is obviously not dead though.

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Apr 7, 2014 -> 08:04 AM)
What bothered you this episode? The depiction of the Thenns was a bit odd but I like that they brought their (rumored?) cannibalistic nature to the screen. I'll always prefer the books to the show in the this series, but I think GoT has done mostly a great job in the adaptation.

Also, it looks like the Purple wedding is next week, but I wonder how much of the feast they are going to get to

They're just combining the free folk. The Thenns weren't cannibals.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Apr 7, 2014 -> 01:12 AM)

I read fifty pages of the book after the first season and then decided I would just stick to the television adaptation. I may read the books and then rewatch all of them again.

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Apr 3, 2014 -> 03:35 PM)
@Variety

BREAKING: David Letterman retiring http://on.variety.com/1j68pel

@SeanMMcNally

Relevant to Letterman's retirement: Jon Stewart's contract expires mid-2015. Colbert's the end of 2014. http://nyti.ms/1hFNNtC

From what I've read, it seems like Stephen Colbert is CBS' first choice. I also read that Chelsea Handler was negotiating with CBS though. I know that Craig Ferguson's contract states that he gets $9 million if he doesn't get the Late Show. My guess is that Colbert gets the Late Show, Handler gets the Late Late Show, and Ferguson takes his money and does something else. It's a shame because Ferguson is awesome but he doesn't give a s*** about his show anymore and I'm pretty sure he has like zero shot at the Late Show.

Thoughts on GOT:

1. It's back!!!!!

Daario recast was terrible, I still dont think he really fits the Daario mold from the book so why recast to him? The other guy had a bit of Drogo in his build so it made sense that Dany would desire him and the other guy also played him well. Oh well, no big harm.

Not thrilled with the Oberyn casting, but the actor did a good job so far. I envisioned somebody with a bit more of an intimidating body, not huge since he doesnt fight like that, but a leaner and more cut guy. (yes this sounds weird)

4. I still hate Sansa.

Purple wedding, I think that is in 2 weeks (Margaery mentioned a fortnight, I think that's telling us when). Could definitely be wrong on that but it's what I thought.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Apr 7, 2014 -> 01:12 AM)

Yea I feel ya man, but I'm just trying to keep the two separate as best as I can, because the books are becoming more of a guideline for the show (makes sense because there's so much in the books that you can't/don't want to do in the show. Theyve done an incredible job building characters in the show, sometimes too well (

like Shay, who it looks like they are going to start turning this season to ready for an upcoming event

).

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Apr 7, 2014 -> 11:12 AM)
Thoughts on GOT:

1. It's back!!!!!

Daario recast was terrible, I still dont think he really fits the Daario mold from the book so why recast to him? The other guy had a bit of Drogo in his build so it made sense that Dany would desire him and the other guy also played him well. Oh well, no big harm.

Not thrilled with the Oberyn casting, but the actor did a good job so far. I envisioned somebody with a bit more of an intimidating body, not huge since he doesnt fight like that, but a leaner and more cut guy. (yes this sounds weird)

4. I still hate Sansa.

Purple wedding, I think that is in 2 weeks (Margaery mentioned a fortnight, I think that's telling us when). Could definitely be wrong on that but it's what I thought.

2. They had to recast Daario because the actor left to pursue another work. Sucks but they had no choice.

3. Oberyn was great. I was hoping for a "darker" actor but I think he did a great job last night.

4. Yep

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Apr 7, 2014 -> 10:18 AM)
2. They had to recast Daario because the actor left to pursue another work. Sucks but they had no choice.

3. Oberyn was great. I was hoping for a "darker" actor but I think he did a great job last night.

4. Yep

Interesting, I had read about the recast when it was announced but didnt see a reasoning for it at the time. Oh well, hopefully they landed another solid actor. And totally agreed, Oberyn in the previews looked like a miscast but he's doing a great job so far.