2014 TV thread

Kyyle23

QUOTE (Brian @ Apr 24, 2014 -> 03:53 PM)
Anyone watch Money Talks on CNBC? Watching on demand.

About sports betters in Vegas.

Any highlights you'd like to share?

Just noticed you said on demand. I'll get around to watching it myself.

Edited by Boogua

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Apr 24, 2014 -> 10:13 PM)
Am I the only one that thinks Cara Maria looks really good this season?

So I know her from a friend. She got super into crossfit after sucking at challenges and suddenly became crazy in shape. That's what you are seeing.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Apr 24, 2014 -> 10:13 PM)
Am I the only one that thinks Cara Maria looks really good this season?

I'm just surprised everyone is suddenly so friendly with her. They used to hate her. (Partly because she's bats*** crazy.)

Edited by LittleHurt05

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Apr 24, 2014 -> 10:28 PM)
I just discovered and starting watching it last week. Really entertaining. Although I really didn't appreciate the dig on Ball State "Ever heard of Ball State? NO ONE ELSE HAS EITHER"

:(

Ball State is even a joke to people from Indiana. Think about that for a second.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Apr 27, 2014 -> 12:28 PM)
Parks and Rec, is that for real? As we really seeing a time jump for the future seasons? That was awfully sudden and left me saying "What, what??". I'm not sure how I feel about this.

I'm fine with it. I trust the writers.

Terry!

QUOTE (onedude @ Apr 27, 2014 -> 10:05 PM)
Dunno what to think of the deviation of the show from the books after that episode. I like some of the changes and the filler, but some of this stuff can cause problems for characters in the future.

This stuff with the remaining Night's Watch at Craster's Keep has me concerned. So far, my reaction is "WTF?"

QUOTE (onedude @ Apr 27, 2014 -> 11:05 PM)
Dunno what to think of the deviation of the show from the books after that episode. I like some of the changes and the filler, but some of this stuff can cause problems for characters in the future.

The deviation with Craster's Keep I'm chalking up to them needing filler for Bran's story line since there's not much stuff in it until he meets CH and BR.

As for the white walker scene, well, it looks like we finally got a spoiler of our own for the future books. That being done to the babies was hinted at in the books with Craster's wives saying their sons came back as the "cold gods", but I guess this now confirms it?

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Apr 27, 2014 -> 12:28 PM)
Parks and Rec, is that for real? As we really seeing a time jump for the future seasons? That was awfully sudden and left me saying "What, what??". I'm not sure how I feel about this.

That was the best episode of the series and I would have been completely satisfied if that was the series finale. Now I'm concerned they won't top it next year.

I think the main driver of the time skip was to get out of having another pregnancy/baby story line which they just did w/ Ann.

QUOTE (SnB @ Apr 28, 2014 -> 07:39 AM)
That was the best episode of the series and I would have been completely satisfied if that was the series finale. Now I'm concerned they won't top it next year.

I think the main driver of the time skip was to get out of having another pregnancy/baby story line which they just did w/ Ann.

I enjoyed the finale, but this last season sucked. They re-did a bunch of the same story lines (unity concert = fall festival or whatever it was called) and the funny moments were few and far between. The dude that yells at people in the street is not funny, he's obnoxious. A guest appearance would have been fine but becoming a secondary character was too much. He's the male version of April I think April sucks balls.

It would have been awesome if Lesley had taken the job and moved on. Or, better yet, if they had ended the show now, before NBC drives it into the ground like they did with The Office.