2014 TV thread

Kyyle23

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ May 14, 2014 -> 03:36 PM)
It was nice to see them show exactly what happened to Lester's hand in Fargo last night. And the whole story with the shotgun makes more sense now. I was confused how/why Malvo happened to be carrying a shotgun with him over to Lester's house after he called him about his wife.

Wasn't it pretty clear in episode 2? Could've sworn they showed that happen.

QUOTE (Brian @ May 14, 2014 -> 03:49 PM)
Wasn't it pretty clear in episode 2? Could've sworn they showed that happen.

I don't think so. I mean, we know he got shot in the hand obviously, but I don't think they revealed that it was from a bullet that went through the cop's body, and was owned by Lester himself. If they did, I missed it.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ May 15, 2014 -> 08:13 PM)
Anyone else stay with The Blacklist the whole way through? Season finale was Monday, thought it was pretty damn good.

Nice. We fell behind (insert early bedtime joke again) but are catching up tonight, big fan of the show.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ May 16, 2014 -> 01:43 AM)
So what's the story of Lizzie's real dad in The Blacklist? Is it Red's brother or something? Surely he can't actually be her dad, they've hinted at that for the entire season. I'm going to guess he's her uncle.

Blacklist has been great all year. glad they wrapped up the husband storyline and didn't drag it out. As far as Red?Lizzie goes Red told her that her father was badly burned in the fire when she was little. End of the show showed Red with a lot of burns on his back so take from that what you will.........

It was a pretty good week of tv.....as some great tv seasons came to a close including SHIELD, Person of Interest, The Americans, Blacklist, and Orpahn Black has been great so far........

Edited by juddling

QUOTE (juddling @ May 16, 2014 -> 04:28 AM)
Blacklist has been great all year. glad they wrapped up the husband storyline and didn't drag it out. As far as Red?Lizzie goes Red told her that her father was badly burned in the fire when she was little. End of the show showed Red with a lot of burns on his back so take from that what you will.........

It was a pretty good week of tv.....as some great tv seasons came to a close including SHIELD, Person of Interest, The Americans, Blacklist, and Orpahn Black has been great so far........

Um...did you miss the brief scene at the end?

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 16, 2014 -> 08:29 AM)

Um...did you miss the brief scene at the end?

Yeah, he apparently isn't dead. Remember Red wanted to finish him off and Lizzie said she'd take care of it or whatever. Then at the end his body isn't there, just some blood on the ground. That story is still well alive.

QUOTE (juddling @ May 16, 2014 -> 03:28 AM)

Right, which is just the 100th hint to us that he is her father, but I am saying I hope that isn't true, since it's been hinted at so much the entire season. He could have still been her uncle and tried to save both Lizzie and her father. Maybe he got Lizzie out of the fire, but he didn't get a chance to save his brother, Lizzie's dad. That could explain why Red believes he is definitely dead, but maybe he escaped from the fire and used it as an opportunity to get away from the responsibilities of being a dad, if he truly is such a bad guy that Red was hinting at him being.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ May 16, 2014 -> 10:49 AM)

Yeah, he apparently isn't dead. Remember Red wanted to finish him off and Lizzie said she'd take care of it or whatever. Then at the end his body isn't there, just some blood on the ground. That story is still well alive.

Apparently I did miss something.....guess I shouldn't be too surprised at this development......

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ May 16, 2014 -> 01:37 PM)
Right, which is just the 100th hint to us that he is her father, but I am saying I hope that isn't true, since it's been hinted at so much the entire season. He could have still been her uncle and tried to save both Lizzie and her father. Maybe he got Lizzie out of the fire, but he didn't get a chance to save his brother, Lizzie's dad. That could explain why Red believes he is definitely dead, but maybe he escaped from the fire and used it as an opportunity to get away from the responsibilities of being a dad, if he truly is such a bad guy that Red was hinting at him being.

I think Red saying he was dead was his way of trying to get Lizzie to drop the questions. Red knows how much danger she would be in if anyone (including her) found out that she was his daughter. I mean....just WORKING with him almost gets her killed on a semi-regular basis...lol.

I believe that is what her 'father' wanted to tell her before he died....and that is what Red said he couldn't and smothered him to keep hiim quiet......

QUOTE (juddling @ May 17, 2014 -> 03:42 AM)
I think Red saying he was dead was his way of trying to get Lizzie to drop the questions. Red knows how much danger she would be in if anyone (including her) found out that she was his daughter. I mean....just WORKING with him almost gets her killed on a semi-regular basis...lol.

I believe that is what her 'father' wanted to tell her before he died....and that is what Red said he couldn't and smothered him to keep hiim quiet......

My guess is that we'll find out the story Berlin told about his daughter will somehow tie directly into the Red/Lizzie/daughter story.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 17, 2014 -> 08:03 AM)
My guess is that we'll find out the story Berlin told about his daughter will somehow tie directly into the Red/Lizzie/daughter story.

Maybe Berlin's daughter and Lizzie were classmates at some point, or grew up together?

Peter Stormare and Spader are pretty close to the same age, right? Not out of the realm of possibility.

I guess the other big unanswered question was whether Lizzie and Ressler were going to hook up...which was hinted at the last 1/4th of the season, especially when she went to see him because "she didn't have/know anywhere else to go."