2014 TV thread

Kyyle23

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ May 29, 2014 -> 08:17 AM)
I like the format, actually. I can't stand Jordan and am glad he's gone. What a moron.

I like than even Cohutta the rube knew it was smart to egg him on. Then when he saw it was a climbing challenge he still did it? WTF.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ May 29, 2014 -> 09:12 AM)
I like than even Cohutta the rube knew it was smart to egg him on. Then when he saw it was a climbing challenge he still did it? WTF.

When he was talking about flipping the cards I had a feeling it was going to be the wall climbing challenge. I know to him he doesn't have a disability and he can do anything others can do but you still need to be smart about it.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ May 29, 2014 -> 08:17 AM)
I like the format, actually. I can't stand Jordan and am glad he's gone. What a moron.

Yeah, I wasn't a fan of Jordan's either, but he was adding drama to the house, which I generally appreciate. I was thinking if he stayed around that he'd eventually feud with CT (we saw some semblance of that in that van ride). It's hard for me to see lots of conflict with the men because a lot of the younger guys seem somewhat passive and Bananas and CT seem friendly this season. That can obviously turn in a moment though.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 29, 2014 -> 08:53 PM)
If anyone watched TheWorldWars on History, they tried to pass off LaSalle St and the Board of Trade in Chicago, as early 20th century New York City. Geesh.

Saw that. I've enjoyed the series but Christ do they dumb down history in these things.

So I just found out today that they are finally bringing The Wonder Years out on a DVD box set sometime later this year. It’s also supposed to have most of the original music which has always been the major sticking point. I’ve been waiting for this for years.

QUOTE (Iwritecode @ May 30, 2014 -> 02:01 PM)
So I just found out today that they are finally bringing The Wonder Years out on a DVD box set sometime later this year. It’s also supposed to have most of the original music which has always been the major sticking point. I’ve been waiting for this for years.

http://www.cbsnews.com/pictures/the-wonder...e-are-they-now/

QUOTE (Iwritecode @ May 30, 2014 -> 02:01 PM)

I tried watching it on Netflix again but the generic music is brutal. Wonder if they'll change it back up there.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jun 1, 2014 -> 10:04 PM)
That was graphic even by HBOs standards. Good god

Yeah...that is one scene I probably won't be able to rewatch. It was graphic in the book...but even more so in the show compared to my imagination of it.

Edited by onedude

I don't watch GoT, what happened? I'll probably go watch that scene.

EDIT: So I happen to flip on HBO, it was on, and it was at the very end with a scene with 2 dudes fighting and a hobbit was looking concerned. The one guy punched the other guys teeth out and then somehow crushed his skull in to pieces with his thumbs? Was that the scene?

Edited by Chilihead90

That was a great episode. Fight scene was done very well, and yeah, despite how graphic it is in the books, that was arguably even more so. My fiance's reaction was great. She basically demanded me tell her what happens next :lol:

I think next week might take place completely at the wall, or at least the overwhelming majority of it. I heard there was an episode like that and the previews are exclusively there. Episode 10 will have the "other stuff'.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jun 2, 2014 -> 11:48 AM)
They didnt hit on the fact that the

spear was poisoned and the mountain is about to die

I was curious about that.

Did Mountain flop over and die, or did he flop over from exhaustion. If he is dead, it bums me out because I want to see Mountain and Hound square off

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jun 2, 2014 -> 11:56 AM)
I was curious about that.

Did Mountain flop over and die, or did he flop over from exhaustion. If he is dead, it bums me out because I want to see Mountain and Hound square off

Well, he dies shortly after, but his body sticks around