2014 TV thread

Kyyle23

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jun 2, 2014 -> 12:48 PM)
They didnt hit on the fact that the

spear was poisoned and the mountain is about to die

Wasn't it not until after the fact that we learned about it in the books too though? I was fine with it. We'll see it in the show eventually

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Jun 2, 2014 -> 12:31 PM)

Wasn't it not until after the fact that we learned about it in the books too though? I was fine with it. We'll see it in the show eventually

I believe it was during the fight it was suspected.

QUOTE (pittshoganerkoff @ Jun 3, 2014 -> 06:06 AM)
The Silicon Valley finale was great. The group trying to figure out how Erlich could jerk off 800 guys in 10 minutes might have been one of the funniest things I've seen.

Oh yeah, I've gone back and watched that scene multiple times now. It's pretty damn brilliant.

QUOTE (pittshoganerkoff @ Jun 3, 2014 -> 06:06 AM)
The Silicon Valley finale was great. The group trying to figure out how Erlich could jerk off 800 guys in 10 minutes might have been one of the funniest things I've seen.

Yeah that was pretty solid. Just the inspiration Richard needed.

QUOTE (TaylorStSox @ Jun 3, 2014 -> 11:23 AM)
GOT is into Winds of Winter with the Sansa and Littlefinger story's and will be with Bran by next season. Hopefully they power right through the awfulness that's Dany's story as well.

Not yet with Sansa.

Don't they leave the castle because of winter in the 4th/5th book?

QUOTE (onedude @ Jun 4, 2014 -> 03:58 PM)
Not yet with Sansa.

Don't they leave the castle because of winter in the 4th/5th book?

They've already made the "Dark Sansa" turn and she's manipulating other people. They're going to skip right through most of the Erie story imo.

QUOTE (TaylorStSox @ Jun 4, 2014 -> 05:27 PM)

They've already made the "Dark Sansa" turn and she's manipulating other people. They're going to skip right through most of the Erie story imo.

I thought she died her hair when she was on the fingers with Petyr before they went to the Erie. And she was dressing differently as well. Either way they'll probably add filler to anyone who's stories are to far ahead and occurring during TWOW.

I'm really digging the slow motion camera views on the Challenge this season, but there still just seems to be something missing from this season. The draw format is great, but the people are boring or too whiny this year.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jun 6, 2014 -> 07:22 AM)
I'm really digging the slow motion camera views on the Challenge this season, but there still just seems to be something missing from this season. The draw format is great, but the people are boring or too whiny this year.

Outside of Jordan vs Bananas, there hasn't been any big rivalries. Frank got sick and left and Laurel is far and away the best girl.

I was sore after last nights.

QUOTE (Brian @ Jun 6, 2014 -> 07:44 AM)
Outside of Jordan vs Bananas, there hasn't been any big rivalries. Frank got sick and left and Laurel is far and away the best girl.

I was sore after last nights.

Laurel seems like such a b****. I hope Cara gets her.

And there are some beasts left on the guys side, should be a fun last few weeks.

Edited by Rowand44

I doubt they had filler. They're not going to slow the show down to wait for Martin. Show spoilers have already started.

QUOTE (onedude @ Jun 5, 2014 -> 10:53 PM)

I thought she died her hair when she was on the fingers with Petyr before they went to the Erie. And she was dressing differently as well. Either way they'll probably add filler to anyone who's stories are to far ahead and occurring during TWOW.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Jun 6, 2014 -> 03:36 PM)
Just finished The World Wars series on History Channel. Awesome stuff. I learned a TON about WWI and WWII that I never learned in school, or at least was not taught interestingly enough to remember.

A coincidence that today happens to be the anniversary of D-Day too.

Just remember it's a VERY brief synopsis about what actually happened, and it puts a little too much emphasis on only a few people.

Edited by Jenksismybitch

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jun 6, 2014 -> 04:03 PM)
Just remember it's a VERY brief synopsis about what actually happened, and it puts a little too much emphasis on only a few people.

I think the coolest thing was how FDR put out a FAKE army of inflatable tanks to trick Hitler in to sending his men there, and then they went and stormed Normandy instead. That's hilarious and I can't believe I had never heard that before. I wish they talked more about what the German soldiers thought when they fired upon balloons. LOL.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jun 6, 2014 -> 04:03 PM)

That was kind of the point. It was more supposed to be background on the main individual players of WWII, and how WWI and the lead up to II made them into what they were in II.

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Jun 6, 2014 -> 09:02 PM)
Watched first 2 episodes today it was ok.

I've watched 4. Not as great as 1st season but good enough where I'll be done in a week or so. Seems like it's totally ensemble instead of Piper being main character.