2014 TV thread

Kyyle23

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Brian @ Jun 8, 2014 -> 04:54 PM)
I've watched 4. Not as great as 1st season but good enough where I'll be done in a week or so. Seems like it's totally ensemble instead of Piper being main character.

Finished season 2 tonight since Sox got rained out I enjoyed it.

Edited by Soxfest

QUOTE (Brian @ Jun 10, 2014 -> 10:59 PM)
I love Fargo.

The End.

Yeah, it's great. That Lester fella

got himself in quite the predicament. Malvo's been the same throughout, but the transformation of Lester Nygaard has been great.

Martin Freeman is such a great actor.

Finally caught up on The Americans. Love that storyline at the very end with Paige. That is going to be fun.

Crazy twist at the end with Jared too. I did not see that coming.

I thought it would end that he was "turned" and was actually fighting the Americans. I thought that Larick (sp?) would have revealed this when he captured Jared and Elizabeth.

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Jun 16, 2014 -> 12:15 AM)
GoT covered a ton in that episode.

Very disappointed about no LS.

Also, although not a big deal in the scheme of things, would have loved the dialog between him and Jaime to have been different and for him and his father to have discussed Tysha. "Wherever whores go" would have been a nice inclusion. Not a big deal though, still thought the episode was really good.

Question: Isn't Jojen still alive in the books? Is this kind of a big deal spoiler?

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Jun 16, 2014 -> 08:33 AM)
Very disappointed about no LS.

Also, although not a big deal in the scheme of things, would have loved the dialog between him and Jaime to have been different and for him and his father to have discussed Tysha. "Wherever whores go" would have been a nice inclusion. Not a big deal though, still thought the episode was really good.

Question: Isn't Jojen still alive in the books? Is this kind of a big deal spoiler?

Agreed on the back story with Tyrion and Tysha. That really set up for me in the books why Tywin had to go after seeing Shea there. I'm surprised they didn't add that. It would have taken another 2 minutes.

All and all I think this was the best season so far. Last year had a better total season arc, but this year a lot of fun things happened that really got the story moving.

I'm a little concerned going forward though. What other major plot lines are there to cover? Jon becoming Commander, Arya becoming a member of the assassin's guild. The Cersei stuff. I dunno, nothing "big" is left. Maybe they get into more of Tyrion's book 6 stuff next year.

Also, yes, Jojen is still alive in the books. His sister pulls him into the cave instead of leaving him.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jun 16, 2014 -> 10:03 AM)
Agreed on the back story with Tyrion and Tysha. That really set up for me in the books why Tywin had to go after seeing Shea there. I'm surprised they didn't add that. It would have taken another 2 minutes.

All and all I think this was the best season so far. Last year had a better total season arc, but this year a lot of fun things happened that really got the story moving.

I'm a little concerned going forward though. What other major plot lines are there to cover? Jon becoming Commander, Arya becoming a member of the assassin's guild. The Cersei stuff. I dunno, nothing "big" is left. Maybe they get into more of Tyrion's book 6 stuff next year.

Also, yes, Jojen is still alive in the books. His sister pulls him into the cave instead of leaving him.

Lot's of stuff to go into besides those (book 5 spoilers):

The whole Greyjoy storyline.

Tyrion in Pentos/with Aegon.

Sam leaving the Wall.

Brienne still searching for Sansa and meeting revived Catelyn.

Jamie finishing up the war and becoming a leader.

Dorne: Myrcella and the Prince's storyline. Im sure they will be given quite a bit of time as the Martell's seemed to intrigue a lot of viewers.

And I'm sure I'm missing quite a bit in there and they will be adding storylines as needed. I'm excited with how they did last season, some of the new material was a little weak but for the most part it really did fill in well. I'm hoping they continue to do that to keep the storyline moving well even when there isn't much big going on.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jun 16, 2014 -> 08:02 PM)

And Jojen is still alive in the books. I guess here is where they start taking liberties on some of the arcs

I think this is actually debatable. I've read some theories that Jojen was the basis of that paste Bran is fed at the end of the DoD. Regardless, I agree that the TV series will probably go in their own direction from this point forward.

QUOTE (pettie4sox @ Jun 17, 2014 -> 01:44 AM)
This might be the best season of 24 yet.

What do others think?

I'm having problems getting into it.

Last night was a tad silly. Lights on at Wembley, cars in lot, nobody sees this helicopter with the pres? Even though 24 is over the top, this season is sort of ridiculous to me.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jun 16, 2014 -> 10:03 AM)

Re-Read the last two books, lot's of stuff to still hit. They've spent next to zero time in Dorne and Braavos.

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Jun 17, 2014 -> 09:12 AM)
And Pyke (hopefully)

I REALLY hope they spend a decent amount of time on the Greyjoy storyline. Lots of interesting characters there that would be worthwhile of the time.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jun 17, 2014 -> 08:57 AM)
Re-Read the last two books, lot's of stuff to still hit. They've spent next to zero time in Dorne and Braavos.

Yeah I started to last night. I mean I know stuff happens, but it's not nearly as cool as the stuff in the first 3 books.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jun 17, 2014 -> 09:29 AM)
Yeah I started to last night. I mean I know stuff happens, but it's not nearly as cool as the stuff in the first 3 books.

The action definitely dies down, and there are definite lulls, however when I reread book 4 &5 I really appreciated their storylines more.