2014 TV thread

Kyyle23

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Jun 17, 2014 -> 09:32 AM)
The action definitely dies down, and there are definite lulls, however when I reread book 4 &5 I really appreciated their storylines more.

Finally at DoD for the third time and I just appreciate it more and more.

The issue I have with the show is the timelines are all f***ed up. They have to make sure you know when they go back that its going on the same time as everything else.

I'm pretty stoked to see their take on when Cersei goes completely nuts and has her walk of shame. She hasnt even f***ed her cousin yet. I've said it a few times but Arya's story is probably my favorite and they have just started to hit on her turn towards what she becomes. I hope they focus on that more. I totally forgot about the Greyjoy storyline as well, thats a good one.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jun 17, 2014 -> 10:36 AM)
Finally at DoD for the third time and I just appreciate it more and more.

The issue I have with the show is the timelines are all f***ed up. They have to make sure you know when they go back that its going on the same time as everything else.

I'm pretty stoked to see their take on when Cersei goes completely nuts and has her walk of shame. She hasnt even f***ed her cousin yet. I've said it a few times but Arya's story is probably my favorite and they have just started to hit on her turn towards what she becomes. I hope they focus on that more. I totally forgot about the Greyjoy storyline as well, thats a good one.

They showed her with Lancel in season 1 actually

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jun 17, 2014 -> 09:48 AM)
Ah s*** thats right. Still need

The takeover of the church of King's landing.

Yup they need that still, Im guessing thats all next season

with Cersei going crazy as Jamie leaves King's Landing to deal with the remnants of the war.

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Jun 17, 2014 -> 09:51 AM)
Yup they need that still, Im guessing thats all next season

with Cersei going crazy as Jamie leaves King's Landing to deal with the remnants of the war.

I bet there is very little of Danny next season.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jun 17, 2014 -> 09:53 AM)
I bet there is very little of Danny next season.

Bran too I bet.

Btw, for those that watch the show but haven't read the books, if you want some good backstory on each episode, check out the ask the maester series on grantland:

http://grantland.com/hollywood-prospectus/...eason-4-finale/

Even for me, a book reader, it was helpful to connect some dots that I had forgotten about.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jun 17, 2014 -> 09:57 AM)
Bran too I bet.

Btw, for those that watch the show but haven't read the books, if you want some good backstory on each episode, check out the ask the maester series on grantland:

http://grantland.com/hollywood-prospectus/...eason-4-finale/

Even for me, a book reader, it was helpful to connect some dots that I had forgotten about.

Wow, great link, goes into details in the "Hedge Knight".

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jun 18, 2014 -> 12:48 PM)
Yes, unless it's like True Detective and a totally different story with all new characters.

It hasn't been renewed yet but when it is, the creator said it'll be a whole new cast like TD.

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Jun 17, 2014 -> 08:32 AM)
The action definitely dies down, and there are definite lulls, however when I reread book 4 &5 I really appreciated their storylines more.

Same, I'm re-reading feast right now and really, really enjoying it. I must have down through it the first time because I don't remember the storyline.

QUOTE (pettie4sox @ Jun 17, 2014 -> 02:44 AM)
This might be the best season of 24 yet.

What do others think?

I'm enjoying it but I think seasons 4 and 5 were better. I might be confusing one of the seasons with another though.

QUOTE (Boogua @ Jun 19, 2014 -> 09:41 PM)
Ugh, the match-ups in that final draw looked so promising. I wasn't so happy with what they had to do though.

Yeah, that was weak. Wanted to see another Bananas backpack.

Was looking for a new show to start watching......I watched the series premeire of Oz. Considering the content I will probably not be able to watch much during the summer with the little one home but I had to admit I was surprised at how many actors I recognized.

In just the first episode I saw 2 current insurance pitchmen, Walt's dad from Lost, LaGuerta from Dexter (looking hot I might add), Chief Bowden from Chicago Fire and of course Mr. Ghostbuster himself.....Ernie Hudson. i can only imagine there will be more.....just might take me forever to get to them......

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Jun 24, 2014 -> 11:41 PM)
Looking forward to it!! Haven't looked at anything about the house-guests or anything so it will be a surprise. Hopefully it is a much better cast then last year.

I just saw pics. No really hot girls this year.

QUOTE (Brian @ Jun 24, 2014 -> 04:51 PM)
Big Brother fans...ASSEMBLE!

Did not realize it started tonight...woo!

QUOTE (Brian @ Jun 25, 2014 -> 07:20 AM)
I just saw pics. No really hot girls this year.

This I do not approve of.

EDIT: Just looked up the cast and ya what the hell...Where are all the good looking girls? Boo.

Edited by Rowand44