2014 TV thread

Kyyle23

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Jun 27, 2014 -> 01:25 PM)
So who else is sentimentally pumped for Girl Meets World premiere tonight? Maybe most of you are too old to have to attachment I had growing up with that show, but I can't wait to see Corey and Topanga and Shawn and Eric and Mr. Feeny. Hopefully Minkas makes a cameo? I saw a little clip from the show already and Ben Savage stole the scene per usual.

It's on Disney so it's sure to be unwatchable but yes, I'll be watching tonight. Love me some Boy Meets World.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Girl Meets World was decent tonight. I liked all the parrallels it made to Boy Meets World, but it definitely had that ridiculous Disney immaturity to it. When I was watching it all I kept thinking was "Man, I can't wait until these characters get older and have more adult storylines like Shaun had with drugs and his drunk deadbeat dad." I guess I had never realized that when Boy Meets World first aired, all the characters were 12 years old, just like in Girl Meets World. I guess I always remembered their time in H.S., and not so much their seasons in middle school.

Also, I got really sad when I saw Mr. Feeny at the end of the episode. He looked really old. And I can't tell if he is dead or not.

ALSO, I just watched the first episode of Boy Meets World. I totally forgot Corey had a sister. I looked up the original actress who played his sister (it switched in season 3), and my god is she pretty all grown up. She is like 22 or 23 I would guess by now.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0630091/?ref_=ttfc_fc_cl_t13

Edited by Chilihead90

Just watched it on demand.

So Feeny is dead?

I thought the blond girl was pretty funny along with Cory's timing.

Thank you Mini Mart employee of the month?

Would I be making more money than you.

Shame look.

Is Topanga going to just be in the background?

Doubt I'll watch it religiously since I don't have interest in a 12 year old girl growing up.

QUOTE (farmteam @ Jun 30, 2014 -> 09:13 AM)
The Leftovers was intriguing enough for me to keep watching, but it was somewhat confusing. Are all those people in the white robes tied into the cult leader that the Police Chief's son is gravitating toward?

Yes, it was intriguing and I will keep watching, but it was thoroughly confusing. The white robes people were weird enough but then that cult with all the asian girls at the pool? Obviously, they are going to keep things secretive to hook people in but there were a lot of weird events going on in this show.

QUOTE (juddling @ Jun 29, 2014 -> 11:34 PM)
Two episodes in and I'm liking "The Last Ship." I liked the book as well and waiting to see how much it will differ......

Haven't seen this weeks episode yet but thoroughly enjoyed the pilot.

QUOTE (farmteam @ Jun 30, 2014 -> 08:13 AM)
The Leftovers was intriguing enough for me to keep watching, but it was somewhat confusing. Are all those people in the white robes tied into the cult leader that the Police Chief's son is gravitating toward?

I don't think so, they were not wearing white, smoking or being silent with each other.

I'm intrigued and will plan to watch. Wasn't blown away though.

I also loved Boy Meets World and still watch it all the time on ABC Family and my girlfriend loves it to. We watched it, and I wanted more Cory and Topanga but I know it was the first episode and it is suppose to be more about the girl. I will watch though just because it brings back a lot

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jul 1, 2014 -> 12:40 AM)
Community Lives on...on Yahoo Screen (whatever the hell that is).

Wish they would do the same with Enlisted. Saw there is a Yahoo app on my Apple TV so I guess I can watch it there.

The craziest thing I read in that article was in the comments section.....

"In "ABQ" the traumatized air traffic controller was responsible for the in air collision. The only verified real life in air collision where a air traffic controller was responsible happened in December 1986 with an Areomexico flight over Cerritos California. The name of that air traffic controller? .......Walter White!"

WTF happen to you Falling Skies????? You were never GREAT tv but you were something new to watch over the summers.......not amymore.......first two episodes were terrible.....I think I'm done with you