2014 TV thread

Kyyle23

QUOTE (juddling @ Jul 2, 2014 -> 10:06 PM)
WTF happen to you Falling Skies????? You were never GREAT tv but you were something new to watch over the summers.......not amymore.......first two episodes were terrible.....I think I'm done with you

I got a feeling it will get good. The last ship is really solid. Haven't watched this weeks episode yet.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Finally caught up and finished the Challenge. What a disappointing ending. Laurel & Bananas, meh. At least Devyn managed to finish the final challenge. Her comedy was one of the only entertaining parts of the last few episodes.

Thoroughly impressed by The Last Ship. It's a well done action show that hasn't (so far) had any bad moments. I like to nitpik shows sometimes, and when it comes to military, shows can oftentimes be inaccurate. This show does a good job, all the way down to the ribbons the commander was wearing. Nice to see that sort of attention to detail.

Watched the first episode of The Leftovers last night. I like it. Definitely a lot of mystery going on along with the overlapping storylines. I was going to cancel HBO to save some money, but I think I'll hold off until the show is over.

QUOTE (pittshoganerkoff @ Jul 9, 2014 -> 07:15 AM)
Thoroughly impressed by The Last Ship. It's a well done action show that hasn't (so far) had any bad moments. I like to nitpik shows sometimes, and when it comes to military, shows can oftentimes be inaccurate. This show does a good job, all the way down to the ribbons the commander was wearing. Nice to see that sort of attention to detail.

Watched the first episode of The Leftovers last night. I like it. Definitely a lot of mystery going on along with the overlapping storylines. I was going to cancel HBO to save some money, but I think I'll hold off until the show is over.

I've also enjoyed The Last Ship a lot but some of the dialogue is beyond cheesy. When they saw the man hanging at the gate at Guantanomo, the captain literally said "revenge is best served cold" when one of his men wanted to go after those responsible :lol:

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jul 8, 2014 -> 10:39 AM)
Finally caught up and finished the Challenge. What a disappointing ending. Laurel & Bananas, meh. At least Devyn managed to finish the final challenge. Her comedy was one of the only entertaining parts of the last few episodes.

The reunion show was great.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jul 9, 2014 -> 07:31 PM)
The players this year on Big Brother are just as bad so far as the players last year.

I am not a fan of Devin. That guy is just overplaying

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jul 9, 2014 -> 07:31 PM)
The players this year on Big Brother are just as bad so far as the players last year.

These players are better IMO.. Devin is a lunatic but he is still playing the game. There are only a few I can't stand. Last year there were only a few that I could stand

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jul 9, 2014 -> 09:48 PM)
I'm liking the season but these players are still pissing me off. No one has the balls to stand up to Devin.

We've had one eviction and he's the HoH this week. The only moron dumb enough to stand up to Devin got put up on the block after the veto. Now is not the time to have the "balls" to stand up to Devin. Now is the time to kiss his ass.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jul 9, 2014 -> 09:56 PM)
We've had one eviction and he's the HoH this week. The only moron dumb enough to stand up to Devin got put up on the block after the veto. Now is not the time to have the "balls" to stand up to Devin. Now is the time to kiss his ass.

He didn't stand up to him, he basically cried to him. They should have made a move on Devin right away after he outed their original alliance but they instead did what he wanted when he had no power.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jul 9, 2014 -> 10:00 PM)
He didn't stand up to him, he basically cried to him. They should have made a move on Devin right away after he outed their original alliance but they instead did what he wanted when he had no power.

The person who is going to win Big Brother is not going to make the "big move" in week one. That would be suicide.

EDIT: In fact, it was. Joey tried to get something done and she was gone. Sit back, let Devin dig his hole and stay out of his sights and he'll be gone soon enough.

BB101

Edited by Steve9347

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jul 9, 2014 -> 10:00 PM)

He didn't really stand up to him but he actually voiced his opinion and Devin didn't even care. He set up the whole meeting to hear what people had to say and he got pissed when he heard the one thing he didn't want to hear. Lol the guy is a lunatic... But everyone pretty much wants to back door him as soon as they can. No reason to say anything to him before the veto. I am pretty sure everyone has said they wanted him out, at least from what I heard from podcasts I listen to (yes I like the show that much).

He probably would of been out this week if he didn't win HOH and get to pick the people on the block first.

kinda pissed they hyped up the big blowup/meltdown on last nights ep only to not show it until tonight. I find myself rooting for people who I didn't quite like at first/still not decided on just because Devin is such a douche.

QUOTE (MEANS @ Jul 10, 2014 -> 07:56 AM)
kinda pissed they hyped up the big blowup/meltdown on last nights ep only to not show it until tonight. I find myself rooting for people who I didn't quite like at first/still not decided on just because Devin is such a douche.

I read through it on onlinebigbrother.com so much s*** happened in that fight including drug abuse accusations.

Emmy Nominations come out today and Actor in a TV Series is going to be All Time Ridiculous: Jon Hamm (Mad Men), Bryan Cranston (Breaking Bad), Kevin Spacey (House of Cards), Jeff Daniels (The Newsroom), Matthew McConaughey (True Detective), Woody Harrelson (True Detective).

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jul 10, 2014 -> 09:03 AM)
I read through it on onlinebigbrother.com so much s*** happened in that fight including drug abuse accusations.

Which prob won't be shown tonight. Jst yelling about game minus personal attacks.

QUOTE (Brian @ Jul 10, 2014 -> 11:22 AM)
Which prob won't be shown tonight. Jst yelling about game minus personal attacks.

There is a divide in the house and there is a core 4 still remaining from that alliance. I dont want to spoil anything but the game has gotten real good.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jul 10, 2014 -> 11:24 AM)
There is a divide in the house and there is a core 4 still remaining from that alliance. I dont want to spoil anything but the game has gotten real good.

I'll start reading online stuff more when there aren't so many people.

I think Brittany is super hot but can we get that chin mole removed.