2014 TV thread

Kyyle23

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Aug 7, 2014 -> 08:20 PM)
Hey finally a non unanimous eviction!

After the HOH celebration, if these other nimrods don't see the alliance, they should just leave.

It's funny to see Caleb think he knows what's going on.

QUOTE (Brian @ Aug 7, 2014 -> 08:35 PM)
After the HOH celebration, if these other nimrods don't see the alliance, they should just leave.

It's funny to see Caleb think he knows what's going on.

Derrick has this house on lock.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Aug 7, 2014 -> 08:49 PM)
Derrick has this house on lock.

Yup. Not even a threat to be nominated. I'd bet money he and Cody are final 2.

They have the numbers hardcore where they could ditch Caleb. Can't wait to see Caleb get blind sided.

QUOTE (juddling @ Aug 7, 2014 -> 06:44 PM)
Drew was horrible when he started doing the show but he did get a bit better as it went on. I do like the fact that the new show is starting to use some of the older games....Irish Drinking Song always a favorite of mine.

So far, the guys have been pretty tame towards Aisha but that can change as they get more comfortable with her (i guess)

They REALLY REALLY need to stop with the guest stars.....i can maybe think of one (maybe) that ever added anything to the skit they were in.

I also like some of the old cast members, and new ones, that they have been bringing on. It is awesome to see Greg Proops again, along with a guy like Keegan Michael-Key who was a Second City guy.

I will also say that a few of the guests have been pretty awesome. Gronk was great, as was the guy from Big Bang.

Just noticed that Brad and Colin (from Who's Line) are bringing their two man show to the Rialto in Joliet in late October. I saw one of there shows on TV and thought it was very funny. Guess I'll have to consider getting tickets

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Aug 8, 2014 -> 07:27 AM)
Has anyone been watching Tyrant? I'm really enjoying that show

I wasn't sure about it before I started watching it, but it drew me in right away. Thoroughly enjoying it.

QUOTE (Brian @ Aug 7, 2014 -> 09:23 PM)
Yup. Not even a threat to be nominated. I'd bet money he and Cody are final 2.

They have the numbers hardcore where they could ditch Caleb. Can't wait to see Caleb get blind sided.

Not with who the next Hoh's are. Cody is in real trouble.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Aug 8, 2014 -> 08:29 AM)
Not with who the next Hoh's are. Cody is in real trouble.

I may start reading ahead now that they are at jury and less people.

Hate they are going to bring someone back in a few weeks.

QUOTE (Brian @ Aug 8, 2014 -> 08:44 AM)

It will be Hayden if they know whats good for the ratings. Jocasta brings nothing to the show.

QUOTE (Brian @ Aug 8, 2014 -> 08:44 AM)

I read onlinebigbrother.com because I have to open my present before xmas, plus the show they air only reveals like 5 percent of the gaming that goes on behind the scenes.

So I started watching Sons Of Anarchy on Netflix. I'm a few episodes into season 3. Curious what any of you guys who've watched think (no spoilers), but here are my thoughts so far...

I'd have to describe the show in a nutshell as laughable and hard to swallow.

Maggie Siff is the WORST. ACTRESS. EVER. She makes Hayden Christianson look like Phillip Seymour Hoffman. Totally wooden and stiff, in fact that should be her last name, STIFF. I just want to scream at her to emote. Yet, I cannot figure out if I find her attractive or not.

Gemma as a whole is annoying and pointless and does nothing for the show except create distractions. The show grinds to a halt when she's on camera. She is in no way the most desirable woman on the show, yet she's made out to be.

It was ridiculous that Opie wasn't mad enough at Clay and Tig for what they did and just got over it when he found out what really happened to his wife.

The attempts at humor and levity fall flat and are at best groan worthy after a few episodes. Oh, there's Tig waking up with a hooker's vagina in his face again! Haha, that never stops being hilarious.

The "Patch Over" episode from the first season was by far the most eye rolling thing I've ever seen. When Jax laid the vest on the table like it was some holy garment, I almost stopped right there and then.

While it's entertaining, it can't even hold The Shield's jock.

I really hope that Kurt Sutter did research before he created this show, but I doubt it.

QUOTE (JPN366 @ Aug 8, 2014 -> 03:17 PM)
So I started watching Sons Of Anarchy on Netflix. I'm a few episodes into season 3. Curious what any of you guys who've watched think (no spoilers), but here are my thoughts so far...

Maggie Siff is the WORST. ACTRESS. EVER. She makes Hayden Christianson look like Phillip Seymour Hoffman. Totally wooden and stiff, in fact that should be her last name, STIFF. I just want to scream at her to emote. Yet, I cannot figure out if I find her attractive or not.

Gemma as a whole is annoying and pointless and does nothing for the show except create distractions. The show grinds to a halt when she's on camera. She is in no way the most desirable woman on the show, yet she's made out to be.

It was ridiculous that Opie wasn't mad enough at Clay and Tig for what they did and just got over it when he found out what really happened to his wife.

The attempts at humor and levity fall flat and are at best groan worthy after a few episodes. Oh, there's Tig waking up with a hooker's vagina in his face again! Haha, that never stops being hilarious.

The "Patch Over" episode from the first season was by far the most eye rolling thing I've ever seen. When Jax laid the vest on the table like it was some holy garment, I almost stopped right there and then.

I really hope that Kurt Sutter did research before he created this show, but I doubt it.

Maggie Siff is hot as f***.

SoA season 1 rocked. It's been up and down since. The season where Gemma's dad is involved is trash. Still worth it.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Aug 8, 2014 -> 03:26 PM)
Maggie Siff is hot as f***.

SoA season 1 rocked. It's been up and down since. The season where Gemma's dad is involved is trash. Still worth it.

Yeah, that's the one I'm on.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Aug 9, 2014 -> 11:28 AM)
Last night was the best episode of Girl Meets World to date. They showed a flashback to Boy Meets World.

They have already renewed that show, the nostalgic fan base loves it

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Aug 9, 2014 -> 11:52 AM)
They have already renewed that show, the nostalgic fan base loves it

I haven't caught it since the first one. I don't see it listed on demand either.

QUOTE (JPN366 @ Aug 8, 2014 -> 03:17 PM)

Comparing shows to the Shield really isn't fair. Shield is one of the greatest shows of all time imo. Sons is what it is. It's entertaining and fun to watch most of the time, but its not the caliber of something like The Shield or Breaking Bad.

QUOTE (The Gooch @ Aug 9, 2014 -> 12:57 PM)
Comparing shows to the Shield really isn't fair. Shield is one of the greatest shows of all time imo. Sons is what it is. It's entertaining and fun to watch most of the time, but its not the caliber of something like The Shield or Breaking Bad.

Not comparing it, just was expecting better writing from a former Shield writer. I guess Sutter was responsible for all the extreme, f***ed up sh** on The Shield.

QUOTE (JPN366 @ Aug 9, 2014 -> 01:05 PM)
Not comparing it, just was expecting better writing from a former Shield writer. I guess Sutter was responsible for all the extreme, f***ed up sh** on The Shield.

Oh I didn't know that. That explains why so many ex-Shield cast members make appearances on Sons