2014 TV thread

Kyyle23

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Sep 12, 2014 -> 10:10 AM)
Like all shows it gets good and then you kind of realize that nothing other than Breaking Bad can be as good as they are at their apex for any length of time.

I really like soa....I watched all of breaking bad in about 2-3 weeks...I didn't start following sons until season five and quickly went back and watched the first four half seasons

That said bad is the best...it also depends if u like Charlie hunnam ... Clay/Ron Perlman....Kathy sagal. The relationship with Nero and jax and jax and Harold perrineau have a lot of similarities with Jesse and Heisenberg

How is Frankie such a POS? I don't have live feeds (watched every episode though) but the little I've seen on After Dark, he seems to get along with everyone in the house and isn't as evil as a lot of ppl are portraying him.

I know he's cocky and full of himself, but so is Derrick and so was Dr Will and a handful of others who everyone seemed to love. And I've seen a couple live feed videos on YouTube and they've all been blown out of proportion in my opinion. Like that video where they were joking about Victoria. Yeah they took it too far probably just wanted to get more laughs out of it, but how was that implying rape? They weren't even thinking that.

From what I'm gathering, a lot of ppl are just annoyed by his personality. I'm not a big fan of his personality either but at least he's been cool to the other houseguests, seems to have a good heart and has played a decent game. Unlike the majority of the other houseguests. I get it, he's polarizing, definitely over the top, but hardly someone who deserves to get booed.

Edited by SouthSidePride05

QUOTE (SouthSidePride05 @ Sep 13, 2014 -> 09:41 PM)
How is Frankie such a POS? I don't have live feeds (watched every episode though) but the little I've seen on After Dark, he seems to get along with everyone in the house and isn't as evil as a lot of ppl are portraying him.

I know he's cocky and full of himself, but so is Derrick and so was Dr Will and a handful of others who everyone seemed to love. And I've seen a couple live feed videos on YouTube and they've all been blown out of proportion in my opinion. Like that video where they were joking about Victoria. Yeah they took it too far probably just wanted to get more laughs out of it, but how was that implying rape? They weren't even thinking that.

From what I'm gathering, a lot of ppl are just annoyed by his personality. I'm not a big fan of his personality either but at least he's been cool to the other houseguests, seems to have a good heart and has played a decent game. Unlike the majority of the other houseguests. I get it, he's polarizing, definitely over the top, but hardly someone who deserves to get booed.

He hasn't been cool to HGs. They show you the edited Frankie. He's vulgar, one time joking they should all gang rape Victoria.

Rock would have more details.

Ok, on Utopia tonight, I think Josh is the only smart one who realizes how EASY it's going to be to make money once people who live in that area realize they can be on a TV show, or at LEAST streamed online for tens of thousands or whatever people to watch. s***, if I lived in the area where they show is, I would find any excuse to be on the show as well. Like Josh said, that ONE guy who showed up for Yoga is going to put it on social media and people are going to flock.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Sep 17, 2014 -> 12:23 AM)
Ok, on Utopia tonight, I think Josh is the only smart one who realizes how EASY it's going to be to make money once people who live in that area realize they can be on a TV show, or at LEAST streamed online for tens of thousands or whatever people to watch. s***, if I lived in the area where they show is, I would find any excuse to be on the show as well. Like Josh said, that ONE guy who showed up for Yoga is going to put it on social media and people are going to flock.

Knowing Fox...I'd enjoy Utopia while you can

Utopia ratings plummet

QUOTE (Brian @ Sep 16, 2014 -> 08:15 PM)
Would've been better with a real crowd booing him and his stupid glitter shower.

He was booed. CBS edited out the boos. He actually got a mix of boos and cheers.

Be prepared to see more of him. Despite the fact that no one likes him, CBS is enamored with him and will probably bring him back for another season or give him his own show. You heard the interview with Julie. They continued to act as if being Ariana Grande's brother somehow was a huge secret and it was so important. CBS is all in with him and it will be at our misery. Chuck Lorre is already being implored to develop some kind of vehicle for him, I don't doubt.

Edited by JPN366

I don't get it. Why would anyone boo someone just because you don't like the person? I can see booing someone like Aaryn last season because of the racist comments she made, but booing someone just because you're annoyed by him, that seems kind of immature and odd to me.

And there's no way it was a mix of boos and cheers and CBS edited it. That's just crazy talk.

QUOTE (SouthSidePride05 @ Sep 17, 2014 -> 08:32 AM)
I don't get it. Why would anyone boo someone just because you don't like the person? I can see booing someone like Aaryn last season because of the racist comments she made, but booing someone just because you're annoyed by him, that seems kind of immature and odd to me.

And there's no way it was a mix of boos and cheers and CBS edited it. That's just crazy talk.

Especially since the crowd was CBS employees. I'm sure they were told not to boo.

I say bring Frankie back for an a All Stars season. Someone to root against.

If they were all CBS employees, which is highly unlikely, then they were all there for Christine's exit as well. Everyone was kind of baffled why she received the loudest boos in BB history.

I was thinking about this the other day.. if they were affiliated with CBS, they were basically saying this behavior is unacceptable on our show and future married HGs better be careful. They don't want marriages destroyed on BB.

QUOTE (SouthSidePride05 @ Sep 17, 2014 -> 10:26 AM)
If they were all CBS employees, which is highly unlikely, then they were all there for Christine's exit as well. Everyone was kind of baffled why she received the loudest boos in BB history.

I was thinking about this the other day.. if they were affiliated with CBS, they were basically saying this behavior is unacceptable on our show and future married HGs better be careful. They don't want marriages destroyed on BB.

Last night were all CBS employees cuz it was taped on Monday. Christine's exit were fans during the live show.

QUOTE (SouthSidePride05 @ Sep 17, 2014 -> 10:26 AM)

It was because it was taped. Aaryn's was all employees because she was racist, so they have tempered the audience per houseguest before. Frankie was never going to get booed as they have some sort of vested interest in his sister's career.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Sep 17, 2014 -> 10:44 AM)
It was because it was taped. Aaryn's was all employees because she was racist, so they have tempered the audience per houseguest before. Frankie was never going to get booed as they have some sort of vested interest in his sister's career.

I could have sworn Aaryn got a couple boos or something last year

Where are you guys getting your info? Until I see a link from a credible source, I'm not buying it.

I definitely agree this won't be the last we'll see from Frankie. He's obviously a very polarizing figure and can easily boost ratings if he goes on Survivor or Amazing Race. Probably both.

I remember most fans hated Rachel when she first appeared on BB, but her giant personality got her on another season of BB and 2 seasons of Amazing Race.

QUOTE (SouthSidePride05 @ Sep 17, 2014 -> 01:00 PM)
Where are you guys getting your info? Until I see a link from a credible source, I'm not buying it.

I definitely agree this won't be the last we'll see from Frankie. He's obviously a very polarizing figure and can easily boost ratings if he goes on Survivor or Amazing Race. Probably both.

I remember most fans hated Rachel when she first appeared on BB, but her giant personality got her on another season of BB and 2 seasons of Amazing Race.

Not buying what?

QUOTE (JPN366 @ Sep 17, 2014 -> 07:35 AM)
He was booed. CBS edited out the boos. He actually got a mix of boos and cheers.

Be prepared to see more of him. Despite the fact that no one likes him, CBS is enamored with him and will probably bring him back for another season or give him his own show. You heard the interview with Julie. They continued to act as if being Ariana Grande's brother somehow was a huge secret and it was so important. CBS is all in with him and it will be at our misery. Chuck Lorre is already being implored to develop some kind of vehicle for him, I don't doubt.

I like Frankie.

I haven't read any spoilers but if Caleb doesn't(didn't) win the POV I'll assume they're sending him home. It'd be interesting to see if Cody wins the last hoh if he is smart enough to take Victoria with him instead of Derrick. I doubt it.

Edited by Rowand44