2014 TV thread

Kyyle23

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Oct 2, 2014 -> 12:57 AM)
Does anyone watch Criminal Minds?? It has to be one of my favorite shows. It isn't talked about much though

It's one of those shows that I'll watch if it's on and nothing else is. My mom was/is obsessed with it so when I was living with her I basically had to watch it.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Oct 2, 2014 -> 10:30 AM)
No. I DVR'd it. The last day on Comcast ON Demand is today. They already took the full videos down off of PBS's website.

Yeah, I was really annoyed to find that out two nights ago. They pulled it off of the PBS Roku app as well.

Pirate Bay here I come!

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Oct 2, 2014 -> 04:20 PM)
Yeah, I was really annoyed to find that out two nights ago. They pulled it off of the PBS Roku app as well.

Pirate Bay here I come!

I figured that out when what said it was Episode 6, was actually a repeat of episode 5. I had to pull it off of on demand.

Any new shows you guys been watching? besides that Gotham show.

Scorpion, Red Band Society, and the first episode of Black-ish I have watched and none that I love but none bad enough to stop watching. Black-ish was actually funny to me but I know a lot of people can't take the whole race thing the show does.

I am thinking about checking out How to Get Away With Murder. It has some good reviews.

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Oct 3, 2014 -> 01:00 AM)

Scorpion, Red Band Society, and the first episode of Black-ish I have watched and none that I love but none bad enough to stop watching. Black-ish was actually funny to me but I know a lot of people can't take the whole race thing the show does.

I am thinking about checking out How to Get Away With Murder. It has some good reviews.

Utopia and Gotham are the only new shows I've watched since like True Detective.

black-ish was funnier this week.

"He was afraid he'd break it off."

HTGAWM was sort of dull for a first episode. I'll give it a couple more before deciding. I just don't want any season long mysteries dragged out.

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Oct 3, 2014 -> 02:00 AM)

I watched the first Scorpion episode last night and thought it was decent. And you can count me in the crowd that won't watch Black-ish for the same reason you mentioned. I don't need to watch a show, any show, that uses the race card (any race card) as the primary draw. Not for me.

I think my favorite new show so far has been Legends on TNT. Sadly, already having it's season ender next week.

Other shows:

Black-ish actually had me laughing out loud this week. (the first episode was ok)

Other new ones ive liked has been Gotham (solid), A to Z (like the leads), and Scorpion.

I will give Manhattan Love Story a few more shows (though I'm not liking it's chances)

I thought Selfie was not good.

As far as returning shows....Person of Interest and S.H.I.E.L.D. has had good starts..

I am so f***ing sick of Sons of Anarchy.

I've been with it since episode one when a young Jax walked into a convenience store. I stuck with it through some terrible seasons (Gemma's dad, anyone?).

This is pissing me off. I'm too busy for a 2.5 hour long premiere. I'm sitting down for the 4th time to try to finish this off.

Over the first few seasons, they brilliantly summarized a bunch of storylines over musical montage. Now, apparently, it has to happen every f***ing episode which has to be a minimum of an hour and fifteen minutes.

God, thus show really went to s***.

Edited by Steve9347

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Oct 4, 2014 -> 08:31 AM)
I am so f***ing sick of Sons of Anarchy.

I've been with it since episode one when a young Jax walked into a convenience store. I stuck with it through some terrible seasons (Gemma's dad, anyone?).

This is pissing me off. I'm too busy for a 2.5 hour long premiere. I'm sitting down for the 4th time to try to finish this off.

Over the first few seasons, they brilliantly summarized a bunch of storylines over musical montage. Now, apparently, it has to happen every f***ing episode which has to be a minimum of an hour and fifteen minutes.

God, thus show really went to s***.

I'm caught up to season 7, episode 1. If Gemma survives till the end, I'll be furious. I've taken to calling the show "Gemma Of Anarchy" since she ruins everything. On that Afterword show they did that followed the first episode, even Katey Sagal is oblivious to the fact that her character is horrible, controlling, selfish and destructive. She's all like, her heart's in the right place. Whatever. Killing

Opie

was a massive gut punch. I was damn near in tears. But killing

Tara

was absolutely horrible. My wife keeps making the point that Gemma is Vic Mackey, and if that's really the case, I think we're all in for massive disappointment at how things end for her. Not that the ending to The Shield was bad, just if that's how things end for Gemma, it will be a huge fail.

Edited by JPN366

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Oct 5, 2014 -> 11:24 PM)
Last episode of Breaking Bad was just on, that show was perfect and I miss it.

I think it's ruined every show after it for me. Raised the bar too much where some shows can't reach it. Maybe that's why I couldn't get into SOA.

QUOTE (JPN366 @ Oct 4, 2014 -> 11:48 AM)
I'm caught up to season 7, episode 1. If Gemma survives till the end, I'll be furious. I've taken to calling the show "Gemma Of Anarchy" since she ruins everything. On that Afterword show they did that followed the first episode, even Katey Sagal is oblivious to the fact that her character is horrible, controlling, selfish and destructive. She's all like, her heart's in the right place. Whatever. Killing

Opie

was a massive gut punch. I was damn near in tears. But killing

Tara

was absolutely horrible. My wife keeps making the point that Gemma is Vic Mackey, and if that's really the case, I think we're all in for massive disappointment at how things end for her. Not that the ending to The Shield was bad, just if that's how things end for Gemma, it will be a huge fail.

You are spot on. Although I am not certain how the show actually could have evolved with just those guys sitting around.

QUOTE (flavum @ Oct 6, 2014 -> 10:39 AM)
Mulaney was fairly terrible. Disappointing.

FWIW...a couple reviews I read said it gets better around episode 3. I figure I'd give it a few shows before I bail on it. Then again....knowing FOX....might not make it that long.