2014 TV thread

Kyyle23

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Oct 26, 2014 -> 09:24 PM)
Boardwalk, sad to see you go. Like Deadwood I feel like it's too early.

Decent finale. Tied everything up. Nothing earth-shattering, since the Tommy Darmody thing was guessed by a lot of people. It would have been shocking for Nucky to leave the finale breathing, so that wasn't surprising.

QUOTE (farmteam @ Oct 26, 2014 -> 09:51 PM)
Decent finale. Tied everything up. Nothing earth-shattering, since the Tommy Darmody thing was guessed by a lot of people. It would have been shocking for Nucky to leave the finale breathing, so that wasn't surprising.

I think hate that the timeline was off by so much for Tommy. If it was actually correct, I would have loved that final scene, but I can't get passed them not noticing or caring.

Overall, I thought it was a pretty mediocre finale. Not much action, and not much finality. I feel like a lot of storylines didn't even end.

During that scene with Gillian in the institution, I actually was thinking i

t would have been cool if she stabbed him and killed him herself, and maybe Tommy broke her out of the place with some scab crew of gangsters. Like her took after his dad AND his caretaker (Richard) to avenge his father and save his mother. But it was too early in the episode I felt for Nucky to die right there.

Glad to see someone at TWD finally got the idea about pacing. this season has been moving along at a good clip. Season three TWD would have had Terminus last all season then bring back a few survivors for the next season.

just in case someone didn't watch it yet.....

Glad to see they took care of Gareth (and company) and didn't spend three episodes discussing whether to do it or not.

R.I.P Bob

and Tyreese.....quit being such a p*ssy.........

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Oct 27, 2014 -> 02:37 AM)
Loved the show, but that finale was weak.

I think it wrapped everything up nicely, so it was satisfying as much as it could be. I still think it was a mistake to end it so quickly and with a shortened season. We could have gotten at least two more seasons with Capone and Luciano. Although I guess I can understand Winters' concern that Nucky didn't have much story left. IMO they could have made him more of a secondary character and the show could have continued with him as the "main" guy but not leading in screen time. Focus on Chicago and New York with the occasional check-in on Nucky trying to become more legitimate while his rivals were doing everything but that.

I do like the twist that Tommy didn't kill in revenge for his father, but in revenge for his grandmother. I guess that wasn't really a twist so much as me not reading that situation properly, but still, I liked it. It made sense.

Also for those interested, Sepinwall did an interview with Winter about some lingering storylines/issues:

http://www.hitfix.com/whats-alan-watching/...e-series-finale

QUOTE (pittshoganerkoff @ Oct 27, 2014 -> 09:39 AM)
The pace of The Walking Dead is so much better this season.

Even though I knew what would eventually happen to Garreth and his pack, I was expecting it to be dragged out over a few episodes.

Exactly. Everything's been fast-paced this season. I love it.

QUOTE (pittshoganerkoff @ Oct 27, 2014 -> 07:39 AM)
The pace of The Walking Dead is so much better this season.

Even though I knew what would eventually happen to Garreth and his pack, I was expecting it to be dragged out over a few episodes.

Been an awesome start to the season. Extremely interested to see what happens next week and to see who Daryl has brought back.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Oct 27, 2014 -> 08:54 AM)
I think it wrapped everything up nicely, so it was satisfying as much as it could be. I still think it was a mistake to end it so quickly and with a shortened season. We could have gotten at least two more seasons with Capone and Luciano. Although I guess I can understand Winters' concern that Nucky didn't have much story left. IMO they could have made him more of a secondary character and the show could have continued with him as the "main" guy but not leading in screen time. Focus on Chicago and New York with the occasional check-in on Nucky trying to become more legitimate while his rivals were doing everything but that.

I do like the twist that Tommy didn't kill in revenge for his father, but in revenge for his grandmother. I guess that wasn't really a twist so much as me not reading that situation properly, but still, I liked it. It made sense.

Also for those interested, Sepinwall did an interview with Winter about some lingering storylines/issues:

http://www.hitfix.com/whats-alan-watching/...e-series-finale

Definitely should have been a full season. But they way they ended it, it just seemed all too convenient. Like they tried to be too tidy with the Darmody kid. It felt forced, to me.

QUOTE (Alpha Dog @ Oct 27, 2014 -> 08:52 AM)
I read somewhere over the weekend that WKRP in Cinncinati has finally cleared all the licensing hurdles and coming out on DVD. Johnny Fever and Venus Flytrap are back!

Just in time to show the Thanksgiving show.

The phone cops man...they play hardball.

As God as my witness I thought turkeys could fly.

QUOTE (juddling @ Oct 27, 2014 -> 09:42 AM)
Glad to see someone at TWD finally got the idea about pacing. this season has been moving along at a good clip. Season three TWD would have had Terminus last all season then bring back a few survivors for the next season.

just in case someone didn't watch it yet.....

Glad to see they took care of Gareth (and company) and didn't spend three episodes discussing whether to do it or not.

R.I.P Bob

and Tyreese.....quit being such a p*ssy.........

Yes. This has been a fantastic start to the season.

Based on the previews:

Who did Daryl bring back? They made it sound like he found Beth? Where is she? I've read the comics but can't think if this is a 100% made up story line or if this is pulled from some existing story.

To emphasize how epically bad SNL has gotten, they did a skit this weekend I actually thought could be funny. Jim Carrey was the host, and they did a Carrey Family Reunion skit where all of the characters show up as characters from his old movies. Sounds pretty funny, right? The only funny parts were when Jeff Daniels does a bit at the end as "grandpa lloyd" and when one of the characters jumps into the family picture at the very end as the Riddler.

SNL is about as good as the Bears defense anymore.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Oct 27, 2014 -> 03:43 PM)
To emphasize how epically bad SNL has gotten, they did a skit this weekend I actually thought could be funny. Jim Carrey was the host, and they did a Carrey Family Reunion skit where all of the characters show up as characters from his old movies. Sounds pretty funny, right? The only funny parts were when Jeff Daniels does a bit at the end as "grandpa lloyd" and when one of the characters jumps into the family picture at the very end as the Riddler.

i liked the spoof of the stupid McConaughey Lincoln ads..........

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Oct 27, 2014 -> 03:43 PM)

I liked it.

Especially the part where they did the nod to Fire Marshal Bill. I’m kinda surprised they didn’t throw in somebody in a Grinch costume though.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Oct 28, 2014 -> 11:54 AM)
I haven't seen any of this season yet of SNL but the last few years have been pretty good.

Yeah, there are actually a few people in the cast that you can tell will be in movies in a few years. Taran Killam, Bobby Moynihan, and maybe Cecily Strong.

One kid I have really been impressed with so far is Pete Davidson. He's only 20 and reminds me of an Andy Samberg type. He could be a strong cast member in a few seasons.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Oct 28, 2014 -> 11:54 AM)
I haven't seen any of this season yet of SNL but the last few years have been pretty good.

Anymore I go off of who the host is, versus just randomly tuning in. Justin Timerlake and Alec Baldwin are by far the best hosts out there. I figured Jim Carrey would have some good stuff, but by and large I was pretty disapppointed.