It's cold outside

Rowand44

• Replies 487
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Feb 18, 2014 -> 03:01 PM)
Per Tom Skilling:

"The storm’s new half-foot accumulations pushed area snow tallies to new benchmarks. At Midway Airport, where snow’s been measured since 1928, Monday’s new 5.4” accumulation sends the 2013-14 total to 72.4”—that site’s 4th-snowiest on the books.

The 4.7” Monday snowfall at O’Hare brings the city’s official seasonal tally to a rank of 5th-highest in 129 years of observations at 67.6”."

Chicago's two highest are 80.6 and 71.2 inches, or almost 100 inches less than South Bends top.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Feb 18, 2014 -> 03:04 PM)
We easily got 10 in yesterday. But its all melting now.

The mounds near the street were crazy, we were trying to shovel open spots to street park and the mounds were a good 4-5 ft tall after moving the snow. Glad a lot of it is melting now because if it snowed again not sure where any shoveled snow could go.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Feb 28, 2014 -> 11:26 AM)
Another winter storm on the way for Sunday/Monday. I know the Weather Channel names storms, but I'm naming this one "Bieber" because it will be obnoxious and irritating and I'd rather it just stay in Canada.

I am totally stealing this one.

QUOTE (flavum @ Mar 2, 2014 -> 11:45 AM)
Look at the first week of the baseball season. Promise?

http://www.accuweather.com/en/us/chicago-i...eather/26466_pc

I find it to be highly inaccurate, but maybe you'll have better luck. I actually just searched it two weeks ago when there was reports of flooding. It said the following week would be chilly, but then 40's and 50's average afterwards. That never happened.