Spring Training 2014

justBLAZE

• Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That was the best vacation I've ever taken. Phoenix is beautiful. Camelback Ranch is an amazing facility. The weather is great. I hiked Camelback Mountain and it might have been the coolest experience of my life. And Old Town Scottsdale and ASU make for some fun nights.

Legitimately depressed to be back in Chicago.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Mar 4, 2014 -> 06:07 PM)
That was the best vacation I've ever taken. Phoenix is beautiful. Camelback Ranch is an amazing facility. The weather is great. I hiked Camelback Mountain and it might have been the coolest experience of my life. And Old Town Scottsdale and ASU make for some fun nights.

Legitimately depressed to be back in Chicago.

Yeah man, I felt the same way last year. Such an underrated vacation experience. I'll go do that again before I ever go to LA or Orlando or whatever.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Mar 5, 2014 -> 02:04 AM)
I see Paulie got two hits the other day. You all wait and see. ...

#1) Paul Konerko's career average in Spring Training hovers around .400. He hit about .380 last year. Then he bombed during the season.

#2) Paul Konerko HIMSELF has said he's a part time player, primarily against left handed pitching. I don't have to wait and see anything, he's a bench player at this point in his career, no different than Eric Karros at the end of his career but with a far more storied and celebrated career.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Mar 5, 2014 -> 10:22 AM)
#1) Paul Konerko's career average in Spring Training hovers around .400. He hit about .380 last year. Then he bombed during the season.

#2) Paul Konerko HIMSELF has said he's a part time player, primarily against left handed pitching. I don't have to wait and see anything, he's a bench player at this point in his career, no different than Eric Karros at the end of his career but with a far more storied and celebrated career.

#3) Hahn said he'd ideally get ~200 PAs

link

QUOTE (flavum @ Mar 5, 2014 -> 10:37 AM)
Bassitt, Frazier, McDade, Omogrosso, Phipps, Robles and Smith reassigned to minor-league camp.

Did some of these guys even play/pitch in a game?

McDade played every game I believe. I saw Bassitt pitch on Monday (he got the W), saw Omogrosso get W on Sunday. Frazier went in on Friday. Looks like Phipps, Robles and Smith didn't play.

QUOTE (sox2013 @ Mar 5, 2014 -> 09:48 AM)
McDade played every game I believe. I saw Bassitt pitch on Monday (he got the W), saw Omogrosso get W on Sunday. Frazier went in on Friday. Looks like Phipps, Robles and Smith didn't play.

I'm pretty sure Smith played, but I don't think he got a PA. I could have sworn I saw him behind the plate the other day.

McDade was pretty solid, Frazier stunk, and I missed Bassitt play.

From FanGraphs chat today:

Comment From Concerned White Sox Fan

What do you expect from Jose Abreu?

12:21

Dave Cameron: Everything I’ve heard so far has been positive. I’d say maybe top 10-20 hitter in MLB.

That's high praise coming from him. He's cynical about everything.

QUOTE (Eminor3rd @ Mar 5, 2014 -> 01:22 PM)
From FanGraphs chat today:

Comment From Concerned White Sox Fan

What do you expect from Jose Abreu?

12:21

Dave Cameron: Everything I’ve heard so far has been positive. I’d say maybe top 10-20 hitter in MLB.

That's high praise coming from him. He's cynical about everything.

Uh......a top 10-20 hitter in MLB? If that ends up being true, then Rick Hahn won the offseason.