Spring Training 2014

justBLAZE

I'm DEFINITELY not trying to troll here, just asking ... Where is the mouth that roared? Where the hell is Ozzie? I didn't think he could shut up this long. Is he consulting, broadcasting, doing anything??

You'd think by now he'd be working for Jerry in some capacity. I know a lot of you don't care what he's doing, but I'm really curious as to what the mouth is doing??

• Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm DEFINITELY not trying to troll here, just asking ... Where is the mouth that roared? Where the hell is Ozzie? I didn't think he could shut up this long. Is he consulting, broadcasting, doing anything??

You'd think by now he'd be working for Jerry in some capacity. I know a lot of you don't care what he's doing, but I'm really curious as to what the mouth is doing??

Which is exactly why this isn't a very good place to ask the question, unless you really are trolling.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Mar 10, 2014 -> 11:14 PM)

Still being paid to not work, is my guess.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Mar 11, 2014 -> 12:14 AM)

Being the poster boy for his fan club, surely YOU of all people would know what he is up to......

QUOTE (greg775 @ Mar 10, 2014 -> 11:14 PM)

He has been kissing up around baseball for a few months now. In the last month or so he got in the papers for saying something about how good he had it working for Kenny and the White Sox.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 11, 2014 -> 08:44 AM)
He has been kissing up around baseball for a few months now. In the last month or so he got in the papers for saying something about how good he had it working for Kenny and the White Sox.

He has recently traveled to Australia

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 11, 2014 -> 09:44 AM)

Also said he really likes lobster as well as Kenny's suits

QUOTE (MEANS @ Mar 11, 2014 -> 01:45 PM)
Being the poster boy for his fan club, surely YOU of all people would know what he is up to......

Not really. I only follow him when he appears in the news in Chicago.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 11, 2014 -> 03:44 PM)

Interesting. If you are going to run your mouth incessantly as he did, you have to make the playoffs a lot more than he did to keep a job.

--I hope Beckham gets off to a good start this year. Even though I don't like him at this stage, I'm willing to give him a (another) chance.

Keith Law was at the White Sox game yesterday and these were his observations: http://insider.espn.go.com/blog/keith-law/post?id=2001

GLENDALE, Ariz. -- The Chicago White Sox signed Cuban first baseman Jose Abreu to a six-year, $68 million contract with some expectation that he'd be in their lineup this year, the sooner the better given the size of the investment. Given what I saw from him on Tuesday afternoon at Camelback Ranch, I think they had good cause for such optimism, as Abreu looks like he can really hit...

***THIS POST HAS BEEN EDITED TO REMOVE COMMERCIAL CONTENT. PLEASE DO NOT PASTE IN SUBSCRIPTION CONTENT***

(you may give your own overview if you'd like)

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Mar 12, 2014 -> 10:28 AM)
Keith Law was at the White Sox game yesterday and these were his observations: http://insider.espn.go.com/blog/keith-law/post?id=2001

GLENDALE, Ariz. -- The Chicago White Sox signed Cuban first baseman Jose Abreu to a six-year, $68 million contract with some expectation that he'd be in their lineup this year, the sooner the better given the size of the investment. Given what I saw from him on Tuesday afternoon at Camelback Ranch, I think they had good cause for such optimism, as Abreu looks like he can really hit...

No love for Garcia eh?

Edited by Jose Abreu

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Mar 12, 2014 -> 11:54 AM)
No love for Garcia eh?

Pretty much. Law has never liked Garcia. He hates his approach at the plate and said that he needs to be back in the minors but that it'd never happen after hitting .304 in Chicago last year. He had rave reviews for Eaton and Abreu. He thinks Semien is a good utility player. Davidson is also a Keith Law favorite.

QUOTE (GallonsOfSemien @ Mar 13, 2014 -> 06:06 PM)
Will Semien swallow up the competition at 2B? Or is the job Beckham's for at least a few more months?

Those peckers in Toronto are looking at Beckham, so are those Yanks. Maybe Hahn thinks Gordo is a big fat bust and unloads him on AA or Cashman? Maybe they think Beckham can fill their gaps? Semien would make it up here then.

And we don't need to wait months for something we don't even want, we should protect ourselves and just unload our junk now in safety. All of this can happen within the next two weeks, before the season even starts, all it takes is one solid move and one magical night.