Keith Law's top 100

royoung

Law completely blew it on Sale...there's no debating that. He says Cooper taught him the slider after drafted...whatever.

But everyone who evaluates makes some real howlers. Law is dogmatic, which makes him obnoxious; BP is dogmatic (although not nearly as bad as they used to be; Kevin Goldstein changed that to a large extent when he was on staff).

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Frankly, Law saying that Semien would be an ideal utility player is a good thing, because it means he believes he is good enough defensively at all 3 spots to be useful while being good enough with the bat to stick. To me, that's usually going to be a starting caliber player somewhere in the lineup.

QUOTE (Stan Bahnsen @ Jan 30, 2014 -> 11:37 AM)
This may be the single stupidest thing said by any pundit, ever. Maybe he saw him on a bad day, lol. Sale's slider is quickly headed to GOAT territory, and dominates righties as well as lefties.

http://wapc.mlb.com/play?content_id=29663395

Glad he also dislikes the Dane, whereas Parks loves him. Law's still playing catchup with his ego.

Sale's slider is one of the nastiest pitches I've ever seen.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Jan 30, 2014 -> 04:36 PM)
Frankly, Law saying that Semien would be an ideal utility player is a good thing, because it means he believes he is good enough defensively at all 3 spots to be useful while being good enough with the bat to stick. To me, that's usually going to be a starting caliber player somewhere in the lineup.

I'm not sure Law is really thinking about it that way, are you? I'd get more "His bat just isnt' good enough to be a major league hitter" as the statement I'd interpret out of "he's a utility player".