Forgotten White Sox Moments

Jose Abreu

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (raBBit @ Feb 1, 2014 -> 12:32 PM)
Tad Iguchi's GS against the Cubbies

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/media/play...b_tp350&v=2

Didn't Tadahito have a game where he almost single-handedly won it with 2 HR and came up with an opportunity for a third but failed, and we lost? I seem to releber that, I think he hit a slam and a 2run HR or something, then came up in extras with a chance to homer and win it. IIRC he had something like 6-7 RBIs in about a 2-inning stretch.

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Jan 30, 2014 -> 09:03 PM)
-Buehrle perfect

-Humber perfect

-Wise catch

-Ramirez glove flip

-Ramirez grand slam record

-Ramirez grand slam VS DET

-Buehrle flip

-Ramirez flip

-Iguchi defensive play (06)

-B2B2B2B HRs

-2008 Playoffs

-Jenks consecutive batters retired record

-Buehrle consecutive batters retired record

-Thome walk-off 500th

-The 2012 season (Youk, Dunn's homer to keep postseason hopes alive, Rios' slide, etc.)

-Konerko/Dye B2B 300 career HRs

-Frank Thomas' return

-Gordon Beckham walk-off vs Cubs (rookie year)

-Pierzynski/Barrett Incident

-Game 163 (Griffey, Thome, Danks)

-Buehrle's Other No-Hitter

-Paulie stays in game after getting HBP in face, hits HR 1st pitch next AB

-Ozzie pulls team off field as Twins fans hurl objects at our players

-Pierzynski scores from 1st on a ground ball

-Andruw Jones HR #400

-Paul Konerko HR #400

-Viciedo's Walk-Off vs Seattle (2013)

This looks like the final list.

QUOTE (raBBit @ Feb 1, 2014 -> 12:34 PM)

QUOTE (Swingandalongonetoleft @ Jan 31, 2014 -> 09:42 AM)
My Sox v. Cubs meatballism has long been vanquished, but Pierzynski clowning Ryan Dempster with a 3 run shot with 2 out in the bottom of the 9th to pull the Sox ahead 8-6, followed by the Cubs' fandom kindly letting Sox fans savor the moment for a few extra minutes by throwing garbage onto their field and forcing a delay is one of the warmer sports memories I have. I actually think that in the long run, this moment served as a cherry on the sundae that was the 2005 Championship when it came to me outgrowing the standard Sox fan hostility toward Cubdom. Short of beating them in a World Series, or being the team that hands them a postseason contention eliminating loss, I can't think of too many things that can top a come from behind HR hit by AJ Pierzysnki (just a little over a month removed from the Barrett incident) with 2 out in the bottom of the 9th that resulted in Cub fans more or less taking a piss on their own front lawn.

QUOTE (The Ultimate Champion @ Feb 1, 2014 -> 06:10 PM)
Didn't Tadahito have a game where he almost single-handedly won it with 2 HR and came up with an opportunity for a third but failed, and we lost? I seem to releber that, I think he hit a slam and a 2run HR or something, then came up in extras with a chance to homer and win it. IIRC he had something like 6-7 RBIs in about a 2-inning stretch.

If I remember correctly it was vs the Astros on Sunday night baseball. Sox were down 7 and Iguchi hit a 3 run homer in the 8th and a slam in the 9th to tie it(might have mixed up the 3run and slam innings). But the sox lost in extras.