2014-2015 NCAA football thread

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Dec 6, 2014 -> 09:22 PM)
No matter who wins, I think it's obvious FSU is not one of the best 5 teams in the country

Still think the non conference will keep OSU behind TCU, but who knows at this point

TCUs non conference is garbage. Their overall opponents are 61-70 while OSUs are 84-60.

Edited by RockRaines

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Dec 6, 2014 -> 10:16 PM)
TCUs non conference is garbage. Their overall opponents are 61-70 while OSUs are 84-60.

TCU didn't lose in the non conference to a 6-6 team. Given what the committee has said, it seems like that matters, even though OSU is rolling right now.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Dec 6, 2014 -> 10:25 PM)
TCU didn't lose in the non conference to a 6-6 team. Given what the committee has said, it seems like that matters, even though OSU is rolling right now.

And that's the only thing they have. OSU has SOS better wins including on the road and an extra conference title game which was a beat down.

Personally, I think Baylor should make it ahead of Ohio St. Baylor lost to a better team on the road than Ohio St. did, and Baylor also beat a top 6 team in TCU. It's too bad both Baylor and Ohio St. can't make it, as Ohio St. is playing like a top 3 team right now.

QUOTE (fathom @ Dec 6, 2014 -> 11:06 PM)
Personally, I think Baylor should make it ahead of Ohio St. Baylor lost to a better team on the road than Ohio St. did, and Baylor also beat a top 6 team in TCU. It's too bad both Baylor and Ohio St. can't make it, as Ohio St. is playing like a top 3 team right now.

Depends if you think 12-1 with a better SOS is better than 11-1 with a "better" loss.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Dec 7, 2014 -> 01:06 AM)
If this were 2013, what would we be arguing? FSU would be a lock #1 because they are undefeated, so it would be Alabama or Oregon? Given the SEC bias, it would be FSU vs. Alabama with little argument. This system is way better.

heard on radio that the BCS projection wouldve been #1 Alabama vs FSU

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Dec 7, 2014 -> 09:39 AM)
I'm really ok with any of Baylor, OSU or TCU getting in, I think they all have pretty decent arguments. That said, I think it's going to be the Buckeyes.

Baylor has no chance IMO. The committee hasn't liked them from day one, I doubt a home win over Kansas State suddenly changes everything. Years ago they set a non conference schedule without a BCS opponent and that's gonna cost them this year

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Dec 7, 2014 -> 09:51 AM)
Baylor has no chance IMO. The committee hasn't liked them from day one, I doubt a home win over Kansas State suddenly changes everything. Years ago they set a non conference schedule without a BCS opponent and that's gonna cost them this year

No argument, I'm just saying personally I'd have no problem with any of the 3 getting in.

You can make any argument against the Big 12 teams that you want, I still don't think the whole conference championship game thing should factor in. And if it does, the committee should say that they are penalizing the Big 12 for not playing an extra game.

Grilling the whole "One True Champion" phrasing as why the Big 12 might miss the playoff seems to make the argument that the committee is full of idiots.

"They said they have one true champion, but they gave out TWO trophies!!! How do we evaluate them?"

Hopefully this year leads to an 8 team playoff. I realize you then have a debate over the 9th best team being led off but if you give automatic bids to the ACC, Big 10, Big 12, Pac 12, and SEC champions a bid and then have 3 at large spots it will be incredibly rare for a championship caliber team to be left out.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Dec 7, 2014 -> 11:29 AM)
Cole Cubelic ‏@colecubelic 4h4 hours ago

Overall record of opponents defeated: Alabama 81-63 FSU 83-73 Ohio St 80-63 Oregon 63-70 Baylor 61-70 TCU 61-71

Big 12 will inherently have more losses than conferences that only play 8 conference games.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Dec 6, 2014 -> 11:02 PM)
TCU should be out of the conversation. It's between Baylor and OSU. The nice thing about this committee is that they do seem to judge on a week by week basis and not "because you win, you stay ahead" bs.

Bing bing bing

Playoff committee got it right.