2014-2015 NCAA football thread

Well that was quite the s*** show on Saturday in Seattle. Luckily we had a connection so we were able to tailgate on a boat, which was awesome. I think half the crowd spent the second half drinking in the school's sponsored tailgate zone.

Given the "strength" of the Big Ten so far, I'm starting to think Beckman actually has a chance to win a few conference games and save his job.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Sep 17, 2014 -> 11:46 AM)
Come on he is just a kid.

Picked a bad week to do that although with the championship and it only being a half I am sure FSU will not miss a beat.

Are you kidding, he will bring them back to win and will I'm sure feel horrible about the punishment while basking in the glory.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Sep 17, 2014 -> 12:10 PM)
this is so stupid i cant even put it into words. suspended? wtf

With the fact the guy actually was under investigation for rape and probably should have gotten convicted for it, this is a slap in the face to a good number of people. Not to mention the timing of it.

This guy is bigger douche than Johnny Football and I did not think that was possible.

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Sep 17, 2014 -> 12:15 PM)
With the fact the guy actually was under investigation for rape and probably should have gotten convicted for it, this is a slap in the face to a good number of people. Not to mention the timing of it.

This guy is bigger douche than Johnny Football and I did not think that was possible.

Where's soxfan1 to come in again to say "this just isn't like him, I don't think he'd do that, he's a good guy"

You are 100% correct, he's a complete clown.

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Sep 17, 2014 -> 12:15 PM)

He is a douche, no doubt, but he didnt commit a crime, he didnt break a law. This is just dumb kid stuff. The rape and theft stuff is perfectly fine to get upset about, but i cant get upset about what he said in front of his friends on campus.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Sep 17, 2014 -> 12:57 PM)
He is a douche, no doubt, but he didnt commit a crime, he didnt break a law. This is just dumb kid stuff. The rape and theft stuff is perfectly fine to get upset about, but i cant get upset about what he said in front of his friends on campus.

But it's after his whole proverbial I've settled down and learned my lesson, I have to be a better leader/set a better example.

He's not a kid, this is not a 9 year old. It's not even close to his other actions, but just shows he's an idiot, and doesn't learn anything.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Sep 17, 2014 -> 01:00 PM)
But it's after his whole proverbial I've settled down and learned my lesson, I have to be a better leader/set a better example.

He's not a kid, this is not a 9 year old. It's not even close to his other actions, but just shows he's an idiot, and doesn't learn anything.

OMG A COLLEGE STUDENT SAID SOMETHING IGNORANT. I CANTS BELIEVES IT.

This is seriously just looking for stuff to complain about. This is almost as bad as TMZ following Manziel around frat houses looking for him to do something stupid. The only example Winston has to set is to his teammates on the field, he isnt a role model

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Sep 17, 2014 -> 01:29 PM)

This is seriously just looking for stuff to complain about. This is almost as bad as TMZ following Manziel around frat houses looking for him to do something stupid. The only example Winston has to set is to his teammates on the field, he isnt a role model

He needs to be a role model to the NFL. Also the fact he was "cleared" of rape charges is what makes this stupid and why he was suspended. I suppose the girl that brought the allegations thought it was a really cute scene by ole Jameis.

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Sep 17, 2014 -> 01:38 PM)
He needs to be a role model to the NFL. Also the fact he was "cleared" of rape charges is what makes this stupid and why he was suspended. I suppose the girl that brought the allegations thought it was a really cute scene by ole Jameis.

This is actually a fair point. Usually this type of stuff wouldn't bother me at all but when you add in the rape accusation, ya...he's a moron.

Edited by Rowand44

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Sep 17, 2014 -> 01:38 PM)

Tell me something, when he has his team interviews at the combine, do you think they are going to be concerned about this, or the Rape and Theft issues? Because I highly doubt they care about a videobomb prank that teenagers and college students pull.

You guys can be outraged all you want, its your choice. Im not a hand waver, i dont yell about PC america and the wussification of society and rant about how all of our freedoms are taken away because of liberals blah blah. I simply feel like this is looking for something to get upset about, and he was dumb enough to say something and open the door a crack.

Quit putting words in people's mouths, no one's outraged over this here. No one here suspended him a half, FSU did. They found this serious enough.

Our point was just that the guy is a Grade A assclown. This just helps cement that legacy.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Sep 17, 2014 -> 01:58 PM)
Quit putting words in people's mouths, no one's outraged over this here. No one here suspended him a half, FSU did. They found this serious enough.

Our point was just that the guy is a Grade A assclown. This just helps cement that legacy.

Please, if i was putting words in peoples mouths i would be a lot more creative than that. I never disagreed he was an assclown, I only disagreed that this is worth getting upset or suspended over

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Sep 17, 2014 -> 02:01 PM)
Please, if i was putting words in peoples mouths i would be a lot more creative than that. I never disagreed he was an assclown, I only disagreed that this is worth getting upset or suspended over

The point is, no one's outraged here, or even upset. It makes me laugh and just think of him moving up in the ranks of sports idiots.

He's not really a "college student" though. And if a typical college student stood up on a table and shouted that in a dining hall they would probably still get in trouble. One that is on probation for things like shoplifting, accused rape among other things, yeah it makes sense.