2014-2015 NCAA football thread

I really don't see a big deal with what Winston said. Is it stupid? Yeah. Just like him stealing soda and crab legs.

Half a game isn't a real punishment and I don't feel like he should get a real punishment for this. This is getting way overblown by the media.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think the reason this is a big deal is that Winston sucks and continually comes across with the maturity of an 8 year old, but also is worse because of the sexual assault he likely committed. So, a dangerous person with an 8 year olds mentality leading the best team in football.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Sep 18, 2014 -> 11:38 AM)
I really don't see a big deal with what Winston said. Is it stupid? Yeah. Just like him stealing soda and crab legs.

Half a game isn't a real punishment and I don't feel like he should get a real punishment for this. This is getting way overblown by the media.

Half a game is certainly a real punishment. What happens if they are trailing at half, or barely lose?

That first half could cost them the game, the season, etc. The risk is there, so while not a crazy huge punishment, it's very "real."

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Sep 18, 2014 -> 12:54 PM)
Half a game is certainly a real punishment. What happens if they are trailing at half, or barely lose?

That first half could cost them the game, the season, etc. The risk is there, so while not a crazy huge punishment, it's very "real."

It's almost like suspending Manziel for half the game last year. A&M still won by a ton.

That being said, Clemson is much better than Rice.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Sep 19, 2014 -> 10:34 PM)
Winston now suspended for the entire Clemson game

Well that changes the game quite a bit. I didnt see this. Total overreaction but I get it with the double secret probation he is on. I bet it was something else as well which they wont mention

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Sep 19, 2014 -> 10:35 PM)
Well that changes the game quite a bit. I didnt see this. Total overreaction but I get it with the double secret probation he is on. I bet it was something else as well which they wont mention

The interim President and AD signed the statement, this is the school making the decision, not the football coach.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Sep 19, 2014 -> 10:56 PM)
Digging. I saw some rumblings that there is something deeper than the lunch room thing.

Wouldn't surprise me. It also feels more like an accumulation of crap that now leads to some form of punishment.

Good for him, I really hope Clemson can upset them, would make everyone outside of FSU happy.

Oh, I almost forget..."Rock, I doubt there's anything deeper, that just doesn't seem like something he would do, he's a nice person, etc."

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Sep 19, 2014 -> 11:49 PM)
Wouldn't surprise me. It also feels more like an accumulation of crap that now leads to some form of punishment.

Good for him, I really hope Clemson can upset them, would make everyone outside of FSU happy.

Oh, I almost forget..."Rock, I doubt there's anything deeper, that just doesn't seem like something he would do, he's a nice person, etc."

Looks like he just lied to the AD and president about what happened and then video surfaced.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Sep 19, 2014 -> 11:49 PM)

Stop trolling soxfan1. He hasn't responded to you in months and you keep bringing it up, it's time to let it go.