2014-2015 NCAA football thread

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (danman31 @ Sep 28, 2014 -> 03:38 AM)
SEC overranking in the polls is rampant, but also irrelevant. All that matters is the top 4. A crap Missouri team getting ranked after a s***ty performance that somehow won getting ranked 25 is meaningless if it happens. I know I wouldn't vote for them, but I also saw South Carolina get dominated in every aspect by Texas A&M in Week 1 and knew that team wasn't good.

A team being 12 instead of 18 ultimately means nothing.

Good Lord. I can't believe you are crying so much about an in conference road win especially with white and hunt out on offense.

Maybe college football is just down this year. There were so many great senior qbs that graduated and their replacements haven't looked very good. I'd say Oregon is hands down number one except they always trip up. Is there a top team anyone feels great about?

QUOTE (Brian @ Sep 28, 2014 -> 09:32 AM)
At first I never would've thought Hoke would be fired in season, but starting to feel likely, especially after Kansas just did it to Weis.

Kansas still owes him $7 million, that on top of the $19 million ND paid him after they let him go. $26 million to not coach, all because he lost a close game to #1 USC. I am in the wrong business

QUOTE (Brian @ Sep 28, 2014 -> 02:32 PM)
At first I never would've thought Hoke would be fired in season, but starting to feel likely, especially after Kansas just did it to Weis.

Just saw video of that QB staying in the game. That was terrible.

QUOTE (bmags @ Sep 28, 2014 -> 09:56 AM)
Good Lord. I can't believe you are crying so much about an in conference road win especially with white and hunt out on offense.

Maybe college football is just down this year. There were so many great senior qbs that graduated and their replacements haven't looked very good. I'd say Oregon is hands down number one except they always trip up. Is there a top team anyone feels great about?

Seriously. How the hell do you enjoy college football at all when you can't even be happy when your team wins a conference road game?

Edited by farmteam

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Sep 29, 2014 -> 09:49 AM)
If the football coaching thing doesn't work out, maybe Hoke could have a career as a Chris Christie impersonator.

#hokeamania was trending a little over a year ago and look at how much the tide has turned. I personally hope he stays at Michigan forever

QUOTE (Brian @ Sep 30, 2014 -> 01:42 PM)
I'd guess Hoke is gone after the season and the AD sooner or later. What a F up. Releasing a statement at 1am.

Wouldn't be shocked if Morris didn't return next year.

Where is a link to this? I saw some twitter references but no article about it.

Notre Dame will play their first 6 games either at home or neutral site before they go to Talahassee to play Florida State.

I hope that they can handle a hostile road crowd like FSU has.

ND is a pretty young team. Only 2 offensive starters + 1 defensive starter + kicker/punter are in their last year of eligibility. Even though FSU is overrated and vulnerable, beating them is a tall order for ND. Winning 2 of 3 against Stanford/Arizona St/USC and finishing 10-2 would be nice.

Should be preseason Top 5 next year.

I disagree. He wouldn't get fired, but this is just another example of incompetence. People in the stadium and the announcers were pretty upset. I think it was also less the him playing another snap then also throwing him out there after Gardner.

QUOTE (bmags @ Sep 30, 2014 -> 02:19 PM)
I disagree. He wouldn't get fired, but this is just another example of incompetence. People in the stadium and the announcers were pretty upset. I think it was also less the him playing another snap then also throwing him out there after Gardner.

Dantonio put Gholston back in the game after being knocked out cold with a head injury and nobody was clamoring for the AD and coach to be fired, because they were winning.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Sep 30, 2014 -> 08:37 PM)
Dantonio put Gholston back in the game after being knocked out cold with a head injury and nobody was clamoring for the AD and coach to be fired, because they were winning.

I honestly don't care for these stupid message board games of bringing up every other example of other cases and grading the outrage, but at least in that case:

MSU was better at lying

He was taken off the field after that play and was administered a concussion test

They are incompetent and/or lied about that test and put him back in

Michigan:

-Did not take him off the field

- Took him off the field and then examined his ankle

- Sent him back out onto the field

- Have confirmed he had a concussion

Michigan doesn't have the cover of their staff performing their job correctly and possibly lying, they have their staff having perfomed incorrectly and confirming that the kid was put out with a concussion.

It's not the same.

Gary Pinkel also put out a player in 2004 bowl game and he finished the game. Nobody cared then. We know more now, people need to be held accountable for players health. There can't always just be "systemic breakdown...nobodies fault".

Edited by bmags