2014-2015 NCAA football thread

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Dec 2, 2014 -> 02:59 PM)
And Miles, according to a few articles today they are off the table.

I have enjoyed reading all the saved tweets from a year and more ago about the future being bright under Hoke, who knew a career .500 coach would end up not being a good hire?

Didn't Miles bang Gary Moehller's wife or something and is not welcome back to Michigan?

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Dec 2, 2014 -> 04:17 PM)
Didn't Miles bang Gary Moehller's wife or something and is not welcome back to Michigan?

Something weird like that. Most of the rumors I've seen have been around Schiano and Adazzio today, but I am sure that will change with the wind.

Miles WAS hired when RROD was brought on and someone vetoed it. Michigan is really run by factions of almost political parties, its not like the typical football factory that just wants someone who wins. They all have opinions etc and the "old guard" shut Miles down.

Edited by RockRaines

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Dec 2, 2014 -> 04:20 PM)
Did you see Florida's plane going to Colorado?

College sports at their best. Multi millionaires flying around the country in private planes to steal employees, but God forbid a kid signs an autograph or if he wants to transfer he has to sit out a year

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Dec 2, 2014 -> 04:25 PM)
College sports at their best. Multi millionaires flying around the country in private planes to steal employees, but God forbid a kid signs an autograph or if he wants to transfer he has to sit out a year

Coaches recruit kids based on promises then bail for more money.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Dec 2, 2014 -> 05:50 PM)
Streak stays alive. OSU coaches have only won COY three times.

24-0 in conference play, lose a heisman trophy favorite, mold a freshman to break the conferences TD record. Doesn't win an award.

When you have way more talent than any other team in the conference, it's kind of hard to "exceed' expectations, and that's what the media tends to look for with the coach voting.

New College Football Playoff Rankings

1. Alabama

2. Oregon

3. TCU

4. Florida State

5. Ohio State

6. Baylor

There is something to be said for actually winning all your games, but I do like that they are noticing how bad FSU is actually playing.

Baylor is just getting nailed for their non existent non conference schedule.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Dec 2, 2014 -> 06:35 PM)
When you have way more talent than any other team in the conference, it's kind of hard to "exceed' expectations, and that's what the media tends to look for with the coach voting.

They got exactly one out off 25 first places votes before the season started. So they overachieved.

QUOTE (zenryan @ Dec 2, 2014 -> 07:00 PM)
Alabama vs FSU and Oregon vs TCU might be the most compelling matchups possible for fans not of any of the contending teams.

It looks like the committee agrees with you. I think FSU gets curb stomped by whoever they play.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Dec 3, 2014 -> 02:11 AM)
So fathom when Florida State, Baylor, and Ohio State all lose this weekend, it has to be Georgia Tech in that 4th spot right?

Very slim chance. They would be competing with Kansas St, who would be fresh off a Baylor win. GT has some bad losses this year which would make it hard for them to win a beauty contest with the current top 10. All I know is no matter what happens this weekend, GT better stay above Clemson.

QUOTE (zenryan @ Dec 2, 2014 -> 07:00 PM)
Alabama vs FSU and Oregon vs TCU might be the most compelling matchups possible for fans not of any of the contending teams.

Two teams I hate and two teams that are extremely fun to watch. Alabama would bone stomp FSU and Oregon-TCU would be beyond fun.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Dec 2, 2014 -> 07:19 PM)
Two teams I hate and two teams that are extremely fun to watch. Alabama would bone stomp FSU and Oregon-TCU would be beyond fun.

I think Oregon would smoke TCU going away setting up the title game that makes the most sense.

QUOTE (fathom @ Dec 2, 2014 -> 07:18 PM)
Very slim chance. They would be competing with Kansas St, who would be fresh off a Baylor win. GT has some bad losses this year which would make it hard for them to win a beauty contest with the current top 10. All I know is no matter what happens this weekend, GT better stay above Clemson.

Georgia Tech would have wins over Georgia, Clemson and Florida State while Kansas State would have wins over Baylor, Oklahoma and nobody else. I'm going with GA Tech in that scenario. I truly believe who you lost to is the single least important thing that the teams will be judged on and there's been at least some indication the SC thinks that too, though it's hard to tell in year 1.

QUOTE (zenryan @ Dec 2, 2014 -> 05:00 PM)

Baylor plays KState and TCU plays Iowa State. I wonder how much the final season game TCU plays will hurt them (this of course is making the assumption that both of those teams win). You also have to look at someone like OSU and whether they could leapfrog TCU with a big win.