2014-2015 NFL Football thread

• Replies 8.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Feb 28, 2014 -> 12:54 PM)
Yeah but I dont see Bennett recruiting anyone but his relatives at this point.

Can't argue with you there. Just felt like it was a good opportunity to take a shot at Rose for the thing that I dislike most about him.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Feb 28, 2014 -> 03:33 PM)
Except his bro is exactly what the Bears need most.

Also didn't Bennett talk the DE from Dallas into coming here?

He did throw some tweets Ratliffs way, not sure if that is what really got him to Chicago though since Chicago was an obvious landing spot for him.

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Mar 3, 2014 -> 03:20 PM)
So Tampa Bay is apparently interested in moving their franchise to the Arena League...

epkqp3otqysxynqh6k9m.jpg

Man that is awful. With how much better jersey design has gotten in the last 5 years you'd think they'd be sitting pretty with one of the better designs in the league...and then that. Yuck.

QUOTE (PlaySumFnJurny @ Mar 3, 2014 -> 11:28 AM)
No, one more week. It starts 3/11.

Might Jairus Byrd be an option for the Bears at safety?

http://www.wgr550.com/Source--Bills-unlike...p-Byrd/18497378

Personally, I'd rather spend that money on Bennett. Think he can make a bigger impact.

It was just 2 years ago that Conte/Wright looked passable behind a DL that can get after the QB.

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Mar 3, 2014 -> 03:33 PM)
It's never going to happen, but I would love to see Byrd in Green Bay.

He's one of the only free agents I like and maybe the only one worth overpaying for.

He is going to get paaaaiiiid. The Bills offered $30 mill over the first 3 years, and he still said no. That would have made him either the top paid safety in the league, or like in the top 3.

As ridiculous as it is, I could see him getting like 6/$72 with like $40 mill guaranteed, especially with all the money out there right now. For a guy who had plantar fasciitis problems last year, that's definitely a risky contract.

The only place I do not want to see him end up is New England.

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Mar 3, 2014 -> 09:20 AM)
So Tampa Bay is apparently interested in moving their franchise to the Arena League...

epkqp3otqysxynqh6k9m.jpg

that's a horrible picture because they are still using the pewter color for the pants/helmet. That pretty much looks like black.