2014-2015 NFL Football thread

Michael C Wright speculates that based on his contract Ratliffs cap number will be 1.4M.

My hopes is they bring back Collins on another vet min deal (555k against the cap), go Donald in the first and then grab a big ol run stuffer in the 5th. CAp hit on Donald would be 1.7 while a 5th rounder would be 467k. That's just over 4M and DT should be set.

• Replies 8.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe his bro can convince him to come here afterall?

"Per Rotoworld:

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports free agent Michael Bennett won't re-sign with the Seahawks before the start of free agency, and plans to test the open market."

QUOTE (smalls2598 @ Mar 6, 2014 -> 10:58 PM)
Maybe his bro can convince him to come here afterall?

"Per Rotoworld:

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports free agent Michael Bennett won't re-sign with the Seahawks before the start of free agency, and plans to test the open market."

What you should be reading here is that the money is what's going to convince him.

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Mar 6, 2014 -> 05:10 PM)
I'm starting to think the Seahawks let Bennett leave. He's a good player, but someone is going to pay him like he is one of the top DE in football.

If you believe in PFF he is. 2012 he was the 7th ranked DE in the league and last year he was the 5th.

Over/under the Bears getting Bennett?

How do you over/under something like that? They either get him or they don't. It's not like you can set the O/U at 1/4 of him and then you win if they end up with 1/2 of him.

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Mar 6, 2014 -> 04:10 PM)
I'm starting to think the Seahawks let Bennett leave. He's a good player, but someone is going to pay him like he is one of the top DE in football.

When he was asked about taking a hometown discount, he said "There is no such thing as discount. This is not Costco. This is not WalMart. This is real life. "

That sounds like a guy who is looking for as much money as possible, and Seattle has some other major players coming up for contract talks soon.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Mar 6, 2014 -> 04:43 PM)
How do you over/under something like that? They either get him or they don't. It's not like you can set the O/U at 1/4 of him and then you win if they end up with 1/2 of him.

You are so technical sometimes. If you knew what I was trying to say, why bring up this s***?

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Mar 7, 2014 -> 10:43 AM)
Oakland has 66 million dollars in cap room. Jaguars have 55.

These teams could offer someone like Bennett or Byrd money that they can't refuse.

You might be right but yeesh, could you imagine going from Super Bowl Champ to one of those teams?? yuck.

Hopefully winning means at least a little bit to him.

QUOTE (scs787 @ Mar 7, 2014 -> 12:53 PM)
You might be right but yeesh, could you imagine going from Super Bowl Champ to one of those teams?? yuck.

Hopefully winning means at least a little bit to him.

With how short careers are in the NFL? Man, you've got your ring, fill your pockets as much as you can before something on your body gives out.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Mar 7, 2014 -> 11:59 AM)
With how short careers are in the NFL? Man, you've got your ring, fill your pockets as much as you can before something on your body gives out.

True, but I would really be wary about signing a contract with the Oakland Raiders. The ghost of Al Davis still hangs around making things crazy

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Mar 7, 2014 -> 12:59 PM)

I know what you're saying but still....Winning is fun, also playing with your brother, assuming they're close, which based on what I see on twitter they are, should make up for a few million dollars.

I really think the Bears will go the same route as they did with Bushrod last year. While Bushrods cap hit was only 3M, he was still the 2nd highest paid player on the team due to a big ol 11 million dollar signing bonus.

FWIW, it's a phony "record" that Hester hasn't yet broken. Why the f*** would Hester's returns, all kick/punt/kickoff, be comparable with Deion Sanders's huge amount of interception returns, which have next to nothing to do with return ability and everything to do with defensive ability?

QUOTE (scs787 @ Mar 9, 2014 -> 12:02 PM)
Everson Griffen gets 5/42.....Yeesh, I was expecting that type of number for Bennett. I'm a little less optimistic about Bennett/Johnson to the Bears now.

So after seeing this latest report, maybe you were right after all. I figured that Bennett would sign with the team that offered him the most money, and that it wouldn't be the Bears. But it sure looks like that might actually be happening.

http://www.profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2...ichael-bennett/

Edited by dasox24

Chicago Bears free-agent quarterback Josh McCown told ESPN Radio’s “Mike & Mike” that his representatives have held discussions with four teams in advance of the NFL’s free-agency period which opens at 3 p.m. CT on Tuesday.

McCown declined to specifically name the interested parties, but the belief in league circles is that the Bears, Tampa Bay Buccaneers, New York Jets and Houston Texans are the organizations making the strongest push the sign the 34-year old veteran quarterback.

McCown re-emphasized that if he left Chicago, his home for parts of the last three seasons, it would be to pursue a full-time starting quarterback opportunity.

“I’m not going to get in to who I talked to,” McCown said. “There is a window and there is legal tampering but there are some shades on that window so I don’t know out of respect to those teams if we want to get into that right now. We’ve talked to four teams. There have been good discussions. We’ll take those as they come and evaluate those situations.

"To leave Chicago, it will be a situation where I’m looking to compete to start or to start and be able to kind of grow more as a player. The only way as a player that you can do that is on the field. That will definitely be something that we are looking at. So we’ll see. We’ll see what opportunities come and where we are at tomorrow.”

Link