2014-2015 NFL Football thread

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Mar 11, 2014 -> 04:24 PM)
After the flurry of moves today, my realistic side says a minimum 50% chance that he ends up back in Buffalo, and my homer side says it's closer to 85%. The Rams don't have any money, the Jets need CBs and offensive pieces, and the Redskins have needs all over. The Raiders could step up and make a big offer, but Byrd doesn't seem like their sort of move.

Idiot.

Byrd is a nice guy to have in CF, but he's not worth that type of contract. I also have no idea how they'll have money to resign Graham next year though. Guess the Bills will just have to sign him and give a big middle finger to New Orleans.

• Replies 8.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (bmags @ Mar 11, 2014 -> 10:33 PM)
Amazed Broncos have Ward and Talib signed. How do they have that money? Also, sorry site about Byrd.

They are going for it all this year. They probably figure Manning has only one, maybe two years left.

Von Miller, Julius Thomas and Demaryius Thomas are all free gents after this year.

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Mar 12, 2014 -> 08:42 AM)
They are going for it all this year. They probably figure Manning has only one, maybe two years left.

Von Miller, Julius Thomas and Demaryius Thomas are all free gents after this year.

They are going to land Ware as well.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Mar 12, 2014 -> 01:39 PM)
Idiot.

Byrd is a nice guy to have in CF, but he's not worth that type of contract. I also have no idea how they'll have money to resign Graham next year though. Guess the Bills will just have to sign him and give a big middle finger to New Orleans.

I would say they will find a way to give graham some weirdly large contract that nobody thinks could work but works because the NFL salary cap is insane.

QUOTE (bmags @ Mar 12, 2014 -> 09:39 AM)
I would say they will find a way to give graham some weirdly large contract that nobody thinks could work but works because the NFL salary cap is insane.

I think the Saints tagging him as a TE and costing Graham 5 million dollars is going to make Graham look elsewhere for a big payday

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Mar 12, 2014 -> 06:02 PM)
Are any of the Bears' offensive starters not under contract for next year?

I think Garza was only one and he was re-signed. You just have your depth to re-sign.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Mar 12, 2014 -> 12:02 PM)
Are any of the Bears' offensive starters not under contract for next year?

Marshall

Edit: if you are asking about after this upcoming season.

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Mar 12, 2014 -> 12:43 PM)
Here are some numbers for Bears new safety.

Allowed 5 TD passes, 148.8 opposing passer rating. Defensed one pass. Zero INTs.

I expected this exact post when I heard he was signed, lol

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Mar 12, 2014 -> 12:47 PM)
I expected this exact post when I heard he was signed, lol

I had this bad feeling the Packers would bring him back. So this is a sigh of relief.

I can't imagine the Bears are playing on starting him. They must be looking at him for special teams and depth.

QUOTE (Jake @ Mar 12, 2014 -> 01:03 PM)
I'm guessing MD Jennings is far from the presumptive starter, just a cheap value with experience to add some competition

One year deal, so definitely a depth add