2014-2015 NFL Football thread

• Replies 8.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (PlaySumFnJurny @ Mar 12, 2014 -> 01:19 PM)
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter · 1m

Bucs agree to two-year deal with QB Josh McCown, per @MikeMccartney7.

Good for him after coaching high school football 18 months ago. It will be interesting to see him go from Trestman to the offensive guru Lovie.

There are a few ways to look at losing McNown. The fact that he pretty much sucked before last year, so maybe the offense makes the QB and not the other way around, so it would make sense they can get a fill in just as good. Or maybe he was just fantastic last year and somehow found himself. Or maybe he was fantastic last year but it was a fluke and had he have stayed, his play would have dropped off to where he had been. 2 out of 3 are in the Bears favor, and they are the 2 that are most likely.

You have to be happy for him though. He gets millions for a career that he probably figured was over a couple of years ago.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Mar 12, 2014 -> 01:39 PM)
There are a few ways to look at losing McNown. The fact that he pretty much sucked before last year, so maybe the offense makes the QB and not the other way around, so it would make sense they can get a fill in just as good. Or maybe he was just fantastic last year and somehow found himself. Or maybe he was fantastic last year but it was a fluke and had he have stayed, his play would have dropped off to where he had been. 2 out of 3 are in the Bears favor, and they are the 2 that are most likely.

You have to be happy for him though. He gets millions for a career that he probably figured was over a couple of years ago.

He's not going to be very good in TB. The system and weapons he had made him the QB he was last year. He'll be back to a 70-80 rating QB with the Bucs.

Edited by chw42

QUOTE (bmags @ Mar 12, 2014 -> 01:43 PM)
Re: MD Jennings, I think it is reassuring to think that we basically needed 2 deep at every position this year, so not every signing is going to be a starter.

He'd be fine as a backup. Just not a backup to Conte.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Mar 12, 2014 -> 01:42 PM)
He's not going to be very good in TB. The system and weapons he had made him the QB he was last year. He'll be back to a 70-80 rating QB with the Bucs.

He capitalized with a QB guru and unreal offensive weapons. He got his.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 12, 2014 -> 01:59 PM)
@RapSheet: The ‪#‎Bucs‬ deal for Josh McCown: It’s two years for $10M. He gets $4.75M this year, $5.25M next year.

The meatheads will be so mad that the bears didnt do this deal

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Mar 12, 2014 -> 02:15 PM)
Didn't "play" = "was third string behind Caleb Hanie until the whole season went down the toilet"?

We might have made the playoffs that year if McCown played after it was obvious that Hanie was just awful.

I like the MD Jennings signing. I liked what little I saw of him in 2012. He was really bad last year, though. This is a one-year "prove it" deal with little risk on the Bears' end. I see no downside to hoping a change of scenery can do him some good. If not, we basically lose nothing.