2014-2015 NFL Football thread

QUOTE (TheTruth05 @ Mar 13, 2014 -> 08:52 AM)
The way Cutler's med history is going,that guaranteed money might end up flopping, I understand they're almost in like a transition/hybrid rebuild mode but they can't let this amazing WR core go to waste, it won't hurt to draft a 3rd/4rd QB,First 2 rounds are gonna be DL anyway, so that should immediately boost the D because Houston (hopefully allen and a healthy melton/ratfliff) plus someone like jernigan will already help out the secondary SUBSTANTIALLY. With that said, I don't think a QB in the later rounds too far out of the question.

It very well may flop, but it is still spent. and when the defense had so many problems last year at every level, they really need to fix it. Drafting a QB late is really a luxury, and right now it is a luxury that isnt needed

• Replies 8.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (farmteam @ Mar 12, 2014 -> 11:32 PM)
Dammit, Schefter. When I saw the Browns cut Weeden I said to myself "He'll be the Bears backup this year." Come in here and see Schefter had that thought 7 hours before I even found out Weeden was cut. :lol:

Getting Weeden out of Cleveland intrigues me. The QB whisperer might actually be able to do something with him.

Brad Biggs ‏@BradBiggs 4m

Following up on @josinaanderson report earlier, source said #Panthers WR Domenik Hixon expected to sign with #Bears tomorrow.

Brad Biggs ‏@BradBiggs 3m

Hixon signing could actually happen today. Stay tuned.

Hixon had a few good years stepping up when Nicks/Cruz went down in NY. I think the signing would spell the end of Earl Bennett here in Chicago....Or at the very least Weems. Have a feeling it'll be Earl though, he wasn't utilized that much and I expect Wilson to make a push here so getting that 2.4M by cutting EB just makes sense.

Retweeted by Michael C. Wright

Tom Pelissero ‏@TomPelissero 2m

Willie Young agreed to a 3-year, $9M deal with #Bears that included a $2M signing bonus and $3.95M total guaranteed.

Not the great pass rusher I wanted but he's for sure a starting caliber player and an upgrade to Woottom/SMC.

Bring back Melton and maybe another situational pass rusher and the DL could be lookin pretty good.

Jake, how did he grade out on PFF?

Edited by scs787

QUOTE (scs787 @ Mar 13, 2014 -> 10:39 AM)
Brad Biggs ‏@BradBiggs 4m

Following up on @josinaanderson report earlier, source said #Panthers WR Domenik Hixon expected to sign with #Bears tomorrow.

Brad Biggs ‏@BradBiggs 3m

Hixon signing could actually happen today. Stay tuned.

Hixon had a few good years stepping up when Nicks/Cruz went down in NY. I think the signing would spell the end of Earl Bennett here in Chicago....Or at the very least Weems. Have a feeling it'll be Earl though, he wasn't utilized that much and I expect Wilson to make a push here so getting that 2.4M by cutting EB just makes sense.

Weems is probably our return man now, no?

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Mar 13, 2014 -> 10:50 AM)
I'd rather have Steve Smith, but at a low low price. Make THAT happen.

Marshall, Jefferies, smith on the field at the same time would be a huge turn on,

QUOTE (scs787 @ Mar 13, 2014 -> 11:21 AM)
Still a good deal of money to sign Melton. Give me Melton and then draft Jernigan in the first. That should be REALLY solid against the run.

With Ratliff resigned, if we keep Melton and can add another decent warm body for depth at DT, we can then afford to take the best defensive player available, which could be a DB and maybe one of the top two safeties.

QUOTE (PlaySumFnJurny @ Mar 13, 2014 -> 11:33 AM)
With Ratliff resigned, if we keep Melton and can add another decent warm body for depth at DT, we can then afford to take the best defensive player available, which could be a DB and maybe one of the top two safeties.

Ya, I'd be fine with that if the Bears think Ratliff/Paea is solid at NT. Phil said he likes the depth of the CB position in the draft, so if they like Rat/Paea, I could see them going Dix/Pryor in the first then Roberson/Baptiste/McGill in the 2nd.

I like the direction they're heading.

From rotoworld (obviously before he signed with the bears)

Free agent DE Willie Young is visiting the Jaguars.

The Lions were high on Young the past few seasons, but he registered just six sacks across his last 46 games. He started 15 games mostly at left end last season and generated an impressive 48 hurries, which was third-most among 4-3 ends. Disruption is production. Young could flourish under coach Gus Bradley.

"Disruption is production" I like that.

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Mar 13, 2014 -> 10:09 AM)
If he's cut, I'll never forget when Earl attempted an end around in the Bears Packers NFC Championship Game with under a minute left.

I try as hard as possible to forget that play. It still makes me angry.