2014-2015 NFL Football thread

• Replies 8.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Mar 25, 2014 -> 03:26 PM)
Sad news.

Also doesn't seem to be good for Jim Kelly. Sad.

Yeah, it's been a rough 2 weeks for the Bills family. It's sad to think about, but they could probably lose the two most heralded people in franchise history, and Marv Leavy is no spring chicken either.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Mar 26, 2014 -> 07:39 AM)
Bears agree to 4 year deal with Jared Allen

And Emery is king of pimp daddies

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Mar 26, 2014 -> 07:39 AM)
Mike & Mike ‏@MikeAndMike 33s

BREAKING MT @ChicagoBears #Bears agree to terms on 4-yr deal with DE Jared Allen, one of NFL's most prolific pass rushers.

We beat SS2k5. Promotions for all! He'll still post 16 tweets about the deal, but we win.

Edited by Steve9347

@AdamSchefter: Bears gave DE Jared Allen a four-year, $32M deal that voids down to three years of $24M, of which $15.5M is fully guaranteed.

So basically Emery went out and got the top two available DEs against the run, and against the pass.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Mar 26, 2014 -> 08:06 AM)
I wonder if Viking fans are pissed that they traded Allen for Wooten

Nah they're probably feeling good reading fluff pieces of his "young age and potential".....kinda like J'Marcus "JWebbnation" Webb

Edited by TheTruth05

I'm interested to hear what Allen says in his press conference. It is very curious to me that he chose the Bears over a chance with the Seahawks. Obviously I don't know what the hangup is with the seahawks(probably amount of money) but you would think he would take less to play on a instant SB contender

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Mar 26, 2014 -> 09:28 AM)
I'm interested to hear what Allen says in his press conference. It is very curious to me that he chose the Bears over a chance with the Seahawks. Obviously I don't know what the hangup is with the seahawks(probably amount of money) but you would think he would take less to play on a instant SB contender

Of course it was about money. I'm guessing the Bears came in with an offer he couldn't pass.

Also, it's not like he was passing on the Seahawks to go play for the Titans. Bears are at least a .500 team.