2014-2015 NFL Football thread

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/footb...0,7262779.story

NBC will televise an NFL Divisional Playoff game for each of the next eight seasons as part of a nine-year extension with the NFL that begins with the 2014 season and ESPN, which signed an eight-year extension through 2021, will televise its first wild-card playoff game in January.

For the first time since acquiring the Sunday Night Football package in 2006, NBC will broadcast three 2014 postseason games, including Super Bowl XLIX from Arizona on Sunday, Feb. 1, 2015, a divisional playoff game Jan. 10 or 11, and a wild-card game Jan. 3 or 4.

ESPN will air its first NFL playoff game in the company's 35-year history as part of wild-card weekend in January 2015.

The NFL and ESPN reached a new eight-year extension in 2011 for Monday Night Football and broad studio, multimedia and international rights. The agreement began this spring and extends through the 2021 NFL season, providing the NFL with an option for one wild-card game in the 2015 postseason.

• Replies 8.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Apr 22, 2014 -> 10:36 AM)
Damn. Now 6'3 252 4.5 40. For comparison, Urlacher was 6'4 258 4.57 40. And I will end the comparisons there :lol:.

Yeah, I totally buy the 4.5 40 time. I'm not sure there is anything more worthless than self-reported 40 times or a 40 time reported by a player's trainer.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Apr 22, 2014 -> 10:36 AM)
Damn. Now 6'3 252 4.5 40. For comparison, Urlacher was 6'4 258 4.57 40. And I will end the comparisons there :lol:.

Look at his before and after pictures, no wonder the guy gets out muscled at the line.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Apr 22, 2014 -> 11:16 AM)
Yeah, I totally buy the 4.5 40 time. I'm not sure there is anything more worthless than self-reported 40 times or a 40 time reported by a player's trainer.

Agreed, but considering he was a 4.6-4.7 when he was drafted (at a heavier weight) it isn't THAT farfetched. Dude was always noted for his speed.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Apr 22, 2014 -> 11:39 AM)
Look at his before and after pictures, no wonder the guy gets out muscled at the line.

He's lifting heavier now at a lighter weight. That alone should tell you something.

Edited by SoxAce

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Apr 22, 2014 -> 11:40 AM)
Agreed, but considering he was a 4.6-4.7 when he was drafted (at a heavier weight) it isn't THAT farfetched. Dude was always noted for his speed.

He's lifting heavier now at a lighter weight. That alone should tell you something.

Hmmm. I remember him being noted for his motor.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Apr 22, 2014 -> 11:42 AM)
Hmmm. I remember him being noted for his motor.

He had great speed too for a hybrid. But you are correct about what the scouts liked the most about him. I know that's what Emery loved about him as well as his motor.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Apr 22, 2014 -> 11:44 AM)
He had great speed too for a hybrid. But you are correct about what the scouts liked the most about him. I know that's what Emery loved about him as well as his motor.

To this day we drafted an ok rushing LB in a 3-4 defense. I dont see him adding much value in another role.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Apr 22, 2014 -> 09:32 AM)
The articles about it are a little more flattering. Running a 4.5 40 and doing a lot of other things. His biceps look pretty big in those photos. But this photo looks like one of the P90X commercials of Joe Schmoe making himself look better. I will commend him for putting in the time and effort.

I can't decide whether I'm happy with him or not. What was he doing his 1st 2 years in the league? Why did he look so schlubby 3 months ago?

I mean, I'm glad he's putting in some work now but damn, he should have been doing this years ago.

Edited by dasox24

QUOTE (dasox24 @ Apr 22, 2014 -> 09:52 PM)
I can't decide whether I'm happy with him or not. What was he doing his 1st 2 years in the league? Why did he look so schlubby 3 months ago?

I mean, I'm glad he's putting in some work now but damn, he should have been doing this years ago.

In his defense, he probably felt he needed to put on more weight to stay on Dline, now that he is LB he probably felt more comfortable going down to 250.

QUOTE (bmags @ Apr 22, 2014 -> 05:35 PM)
In his defense, he probably felt he needed to put on more weight to stay on Dline, now that he is LB he probably felt more comfortable going down to 250.

Nobody replied to it, but this is a really, really good point.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Apr 23, 2014 -> 09:12 AM)
But there is good weight and bad weight, that looked like bad weight.

Exactly my point. Thanks Rock.

I know a picture can be deceiving, but it didn't look like good weight at all. Guys bulk up all the time in football and can still look fit (not necessarily ripped) because they are hardcore working out year-round. Shae didn't look good at all in his "before" picture.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Apr 23, 2014 -> 10:12 AM)
But there is good weight and bad weight, that looked like bad weight.

Of course, but it certainly could have just been that Shea wanted extra weight on him and maybe he wasn't working hard enough to build it into muscle. Just that he wanted the extra weight on him.

There are a lot of DE that would look a lot worse than the before photo of Shea without a shirt on.

The other thing to consider was Shea probably let himself go a little bit before hitting this program, so the photo was taken at the worst time.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Apr 23, 2014 -> 07:42 PM)
Supposedly the Bears are playing in Detroit on Thanksgiving.

they are, NFL making it all divisional games that day.

Eagles at Cowboys

Seahawks at Niners