2014-2015 NFL Football thread

• Replies 8.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Sep 21, 2014 -> 05:31 PM)
The 49ers are playing remarkably stupid football so far this year.

We saw that last week. So many dumb penalties. Although some of the penalties they're getting called for in this Arizona game seem borderline. They called unnecessary roughness on Skuta when he hit Skelton before he slid.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Sep 21, 2014 -> 06:22 PM)
This has been the quality game between these teams we didn't get in the Super Bowl. Not the greatest game ever, but a good show.

The Broncos didn't walk in the building expecting an easy win this time

QUOTE (chw42 @ Sep 21, 2014 -> 08:01 PM)
It used to be worse...

Yes it was worse. And it is better than college OT. Just play it like a quarter so the game resembles the way it's played the rest of the game. Make it shorter if the worry is time.

QUOTE (Jake @ Sep 21, 2014 -> 07:17 PM)
Yes it was worse. And it is better than college OT. Just play it like a quarter so the game resembles the way it's played the rest of the game. Make it shorter if the worry is time.

College Football OT might be my favorite OT setup of any sport.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Sep 22, 2014 -> 12:02 AM)

one of the sports satire twitter handles I follow posted that(sportspickle or fake espn), I couldnt believe it either. The only thing that would have made that better is if he was wearing a white suit

Oh that's what he said. THere was a clip of a vine of this all over twitter but I couldn't make out what he was saying.

ESPN just needs to stop letting Ray Lewis talk on these matters. One, he has not been insightful (the Aaron Hernandez stuff was painful) and two, even if he was it always feels like they are dancing around the elephant in the room.