2014-2015 NFL Football thread

• Replies 8.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Football games are just out of control. I think I mentioned this here, but I went to the bears rams game in STL last year. It was disgusting and awful. Bears fans you'd think were the worst except you realize that the scum of the earth somehow shells out all of their money to go to these games every week.

QUOTE (bmags @ Sep 22, 2014 -> 05:02 PM)
Football games are just out of control. I think I mentioned this here, but I went to the bears rams game in STL last year. It was disgusting and awful. Bears fans you'd think were the worst except you realize that the scum of the earth somehow shells out all of their money to go to these games every week.

For how expensive these games are they are really filled with a large population of trash. I went to an away game at Cle and it was horrific.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Sep 22, 2014 -> 05:28 PM)
Sports fans in general are pretty awful.

We saw ALOT of fighting in our seats in the LF bleachers at the Cell around the early 2000's. I never understood the desire to get in a fight and get arrested all while paying for a seat to watch a game. It's just strange to me.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Sep 22, 2014 -> 10:34 PM)
We saw ALOT of fighting in our seats in the LF bleachers at the Cell around the early 2000's. I never understood the desire to get in a fight and get arrested all while paying for a seat to watch a game. It's just strange to me.

That was bad but for the most part the atmosphere at baseball/basketball/hockey games (at least of late) is nowhere near the drunk douchebaggery of football games. You'll have your 1 or 2 dudes out of control, but at football games it's all around you.

At the rams game a Bears fan threw a rams fan down the stairs, and the bears fans then started cheering and yelling at the rams fans wife.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Sep 22, 2014 -> 06:19 PM)
Bears fans are the lowest common denominator of Chicago sports fans, and it isn't even really close.

Just unfortunate that a minority ruin it for everyone else. There are also some people that go into it looking for trouble. I have gone into Soldier Field about 7 or 8 games wearing a Packer jersey with no problems. You will hear a comment here and there but it is usually in good fun. Sad that it can unsafe to bring kids because some idiots want to be a tough guy

QUOTE (lord chas @ Sep 22, 2014 -> 07:50 PM)
Just unfortunate that a minority ruin it for everyone else. There are also some people that go into it looking for trouble. I have gone into Soldier Field about 7 or 8 games wearing a Packer jersey with no problems. You will hear a comment here and there but it is usually in good fun. Sad that it can unsafe to bring kids because some idiots want to be a tough guy

And that is always how it is. It is the reason I usually don't do Sox gear very loudly at opposing parks. It only takes one idiot.

QUOTE (bmags @ Sep 22, 2014 -> 05:39 PM)
That was bad but for the most part the atmosphere at baseball/basketball/hockey games (at least of late) is nowhere near the drunk douchebaggery of football games. You'll have your 1 or 2 dudes out of control, but at football games it's all around you.

At the rams game a Bears fan threw a rams fan down the stairs, and the bears fans then started cheering and yelling at the rams fans wife.

Agreed. College football is also terrible.