2014-2015 NFL Football thread

• Replies 8.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Oct 3, 2014 -> 01:32 AM)
Some reporter(s) in STL saying that the Rams to LA is a done deal. Will be announced after the Super Bowl I guess.

As a Rams fan, I'm not pleased. I don't want to be have to be someone who roots for an LA team.

I thought you were a Cowboys fan? :huh:

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Oct 2, 2014 -> 05:33 PM)
@Rand_Getlin: The 2015 NFL Draft will be held in Chicago, per a league source.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Oct 2, 2014 -> 05:47 PM)
New York is gonna be so pissed

New York did themselves in when Radio City pushed the draft to May because of a "scheduling conflict."

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Oct 3, 2014 -> 08:25 AM)
I think Julius Peppers could have been a great TE. He ran away from Jerick McKinnon on that INT. At age 34.

If there's anything Julius Peppers has ever been accused of, it's not being unathletic.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Oct 3, 2014 -> 08:37 AM)
Anyone ever checked the prices of tickets for the draft? A few of us are thinking of going next year, and I can't find any info on the price. I can't imagine it's anything that'll break the bank, but just wondering.

I've heard it's free? That seems kind of crazy but that's what I've been told. And they serve beer!!!

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Oct 3, 2014 -> 08:42 AM)
I've heard it's free? That seems kind of crazy but that's what I've been told. And they serve beer!!!

That might be the greatest weekend in the history of weekends. The only thing that sucks is the Sox aren't in town that weekend, they're actually in Minnesota. We may also go to the Cities for the draft as that's where we're hosting our tenative draft party this year if we don't go to the draft itself.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Oct 3, 2014 -> 12:32 AM)
Some reporter(s) in STL saying that the Rams to LA is a done deal. Will be announced after the Super Bowl I guess.

As a Rams fan, I'm not pleased. I don't want to be have to be someone who roots for an LA team.

If true, I think the next move will be Jacksonville moving to St. Louis. Khan would love to be in STL.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Oct 3, 2014 -> 08:42 AM)

It is free but it's supposedly really hard to get tickets. You have to stand and wait in a really long line.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Oct 3, 2014 -> 09:37 AM)
Anyone ever checked the prices of tickets for the draft? A few of us are thinking of going next year, and I can't find any info on the price. I can't imagine it's anything that'll break the bank, but just wondering.

In NYC it was free but first come first served. Basically you had to camp out overnight 12 hours or so to be close enough in line to get in.

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Oct 3, 2014 -> 08:25 AM)
I think Julius Peppers could have been a great TE. He ran away from Jerick McKinnon on that INT. At age 34.

They kept talking about how much weight he lost in the offseason and looked quicker. What, he couldn't lose weight in Chicago the last two years? It's not like the food in Wisconsin is any healthier.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Oct 3, 2014 -> 09:14 AM)
They kept talking about how much weight he lost in the offseason and looked quicker. What, he couldn't lose weight in Chicago the last two years? It's not like the food in Wisconsin is any healthier.

He plays a different position in GB

So the bears are being weird about Bushrod. There are rumors he got rolled up on in practice, but Trestman was really strange about it.

And then the added dimension of him having a ambulance and firetruck at his house yesterday before practice, which was termed a false alarm and "non medical emergency" call.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Oct 3, 2014 -> 02:29 PM)
Yeah, I'm confused. He has been fully participating in practice. I didn't think you could do that unless you were cleared.

From what I just read, he has only returned to practice in a "limited" role, still needs to be fully cleared.