2014-2015 NFL Football thread

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Jan 16, 2015 -> 08:53 AM)
@RapSheet

I may be crazy (possible) but I continue to hear the same refrain about #Bears GM Ryan Pace. He’s being very deliberate. Taking his time.

Could be a while guys. Might want to ease up on those refresh buttons.

Dude cmooooooooonnnnn

Commme ooooooooooonnnn

• Replies 8.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jan 16, 2015 -> 03:31 AM)
Alright Pace, s*** or get off the pot. I can't be refreshing this page and Twitter all day.

I mean I totally will refresh this s*** all day long, but I shouldnt.

I'm happy again. I think it is great that Pace and Fox have literally spent two days getting to know each other, etc. I think that is critical in the hiring process as the relationship between the two will be crucial to the Bears long-term success.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jan 16, 2015 -> 07:52 AM)
Im interested to hear the backstory of the past couple days, what they discussed

My guess is they have literally been talking philosophies, roster idea, etc. Really making sure they are 100% comfortable. We heard all about how critical Pace thought the relationship between himself and the head coach is and it takes more than a few hours to decide that. My guess is over the past two days they've done nothing but bond over football and are both getting comfortable with each other. I would think Fox would have wanted to do the same after what happened in Denver too.

QUOTE (pettie4sox @ Jan 16, 2015 -> 10:45 AM)
Didn't Tebow have a cannon? He just couldn't hit anyone with it, right?

iirc he could throw it far but it was a wounded duck, and he put a lot of air under it

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Jan 16, 2015 -> 08:56 AM)
I remember Emery liked Tebow alot coming out too.

I don't ever remember reading anything to do with the Bears and Tebow around the draft. Only time Emery ever even was reported to talk about Tebow was when he denied any interest in signing him after he had been released. He talked about how his intangibles were off the charts but that was it. Never said a nice thing about his football skills.

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 4m4 minutes ago

#Bears are set to hire John Fox as the next coach, source confirms. He’s already making preparations for taking it (as @JasonPhilCole said)

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 2m2 minutes ago

#Bears zeroed in on John Fox from the start, but GM Ryan Pace kept his options open until this morning. In talks with Fox now, as ESPN said

Adam Jahns ‏@adamjahns 2m2 minutes ago Chicago, IL

Team source confirms that negotiations are going on between #Bears and John Fox. At this point, it's fully expected to get done.

David Haugh ‏@DavidHaugh 49s49 seconds ago

Source confirms Bears, John Fox deep in negotiations to become next head coach and discussions have been on schedule, in positive direction.

Jeff Dickerson ‏@ESPNChiBears 8s8 seconds ago

3 good names to consider for Fox's defensive coordinator: Dennis Allen, Mike Nolan & Mike Smith. #Bears

JayGlazer

Just spoke to John Fox, still trying to hammer out an agreement with Bears. Incredibly excited to get this done

Its been fun y'all. Excited to hear who the assistants will be and when the press conference will be!! If this counts as the new season, than this season has already been funner than last season, haha.

My next prediction, 5 yr 35M (might be 30..but I think he gets a little more than that).

I'm warming to it, mostly because of his track record with hiring really good assistants. My hope is that he comes in, gets us to a better state, and if we can't make the next leap (or he decides to retire) then we have a really good assistant waiting to be promoted.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jan 16, 2015 -> 11:24 AM)
I'm in the same boat.

Any reason why Dick Labeau wouldn't be considered as the DC? He's got a pretty decent resume...

Apparently he is going to Arizona.