2014-2015 NFL Football thread

• Replies 8.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (BaconOnAStick @ Sep 14, 2014 -> 11:49 PM)
Kyle Fuller made two really great plays for those picks. It wasn't just Kaep throwing it right to him, he earned em.

The first one was all Fuller. The second one was sort of a bad throw by Kaepernick. I don't think Kaep saw that Fuller was behind Crabtree.

The first one was all Fuller. The second one was sort of a bad throw by Kaepernick. I don't think Kaep saw that Fuller was behind Crabtree.

Fuller covered Crabtree, took Crab out of the play which forced Kaep to go to his second option 10 yards down the field and he recognized it quick enough to get back there and make the play. To me it was more impressive than the first one, he manipulated a QB's decision making then capitalized on by moving himself to another part of the field.

That's veteran lock down corner stuff. He did it in his second game.

QUOTE (BaconOnAStick @ Sep 15, 2014 -> 12:08 AM)
Fuller covered Crabtree, took Crab out of the play which forced Kaep to go to his second option 10 yards down the field and he recognized it quick enough to get back there and make the play. To me it was more impressive than the first one, he manipulated a QB's decision making then capitalized on by moving himself to another part of the field.

That's veteran lock down corner stuff. He did it in his second game.

I looked at the replay for it again and I think you're right. He basically covered two guys on that play and deceived Kaepernick into thinking he was sticking onto Crabtree.

Willie Young's sack celebration where he was reeling in the fish was one of my favorites of all time. It was way too long of a celebration and I loved every second of it. Completely ridiculous yet awesome. And that dude can play.

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Sep 15, 2014 -> 07:43 AM)
The Niners really gave that game away, handed it to the Bears on a silver platter. All those penalties, turnovers and complete lack of a pass rush. Terribly sloppy game but I still enjoyed seeing all those new faces do well on defense and taking advantage of SanFrans ineptitude on offense.

Bears had plenty of penalties as well. Plus those Bears INTs were great plays. Not like Kaep over threw guys.

QUOTE (Brian @ Sep 15, 2014 -> 07:54 AM)
Bears had plenty of penalties as well. Plus those Bears INTs were great plays. Not like Kaep over threw guys.

For real. Fuller's first INT and Conte's INT were both just stellar plays by the two of them.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Sep 15, 2014 -> 08:32 AM)
For real. Fuller's first INT and Conte's INT were both just stellar plays by the two of them.

Both of Fullers interceptions were stellar. the second one he totally hid himself in his gap and Kaep didnt even see him.

Last night the kids came out to play. After fuller, Bostic was taking a lot of time away from DJ Williams, and Brock Vereen also had a lot of time at safety, as well as Michael Ola, Ego Ferguson and Will Sutton getting a lot of minutes.

QUOTE (Jake @ Sep 15, 2014 -> 09:07 AM)
The Bears D frustrated their run game quite a bit at times, but I'm inclined to think SF should have gone back to the ground a bit more...especially when they seemed to have total control of the game

they really went away from it when the bears had that huge 3rd and 1 stop in the third quarter(Ratliff was a beast on that play)

QUOTE (bmags @ Sep 14, 2014 -> 05:35 PM)
Decamillis reigns supreme. Glad we know we can stop watching right away.

People told me I was overreacting. I almost never overreact. Wrong...certainly wrong plenty of times, but overreacting is not my forte and Joey D is absolutely the worst. Opening kick-off, starting from where we did...awful. Then we have the blocked punt...uggh. Only bright side was after that we cleaned a few things up, but even then, our guys on ST couldn't get off blocks to save their lives. We had one punt of net 20 where we had guys getting blocked for what looked like literally 3 to 4 seconds down the field. It was brutal how bad and how unable to get into the coverage area our unit was.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Sep 14, 2014 -> 06:27 PM)
That's a bad overturn.

Yeah...calls early in the game were very very bad. There were a few very noticeable holds on Jared Allen that didn't get called as well (he was far more active tonight..albeit he did whiff on a tackle of Kap late..as did a few of our guys). As a whole though, our D was in position to make plays more often then not, which was a nice change. It has been much better, these past two weeks, then it was most of last season. Hopefully it can continue to improve. Fuller was a total stud.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Sep 15, 2014 -> 04:14 PM)
People told me I was overreacting. I almost never overreact. Wrong...certainly wrong plenty of times, but overreacting is not my forte and Joey D is absolutely the worst. Opening kick-off, starting from where we did...awful. Then we have the blocked punt...uggh. Only bright side was after that we cleaned a few things up, but even then, our guys on ST couldn't get off blocks to save their lives. We had one punt of net 20 where we had guys getting blocked for what looked like literally 3 to 4 seconds down the field. It was brutal how bad and how unable to get into the coverage area our unit was.

How about the 4 penalties on one punt?

QUOTE (Jake @ Sep 14, 2014 -> 08:52 PM)
Cutler didn't give the ball away. That, along with a strong showing from the D, made it okay that we had a putrid offense early.

Exactly. Plus that putrid start had one drive where we started inside our 10...another drive where our back-up center snapped it 20 yards back and put us in an impossible predicament, a drive where Alshon / Marshall dropped potential first down catches, and a drive where Cutler threw a beautiful ball to Bennett, who juggled it and made the catch only to have it overturned on a lousy play. The key was on a couple plays where things went south, Jay threw the ball away. Don't make the turnovers and you can turn the field position battle a bit. Of course with our special teams unit, it is almost impossible. They are so bad.

I almost think they should just punt it out of bounds each time. Prevent a return and a penalty...sure you lose a bit on yardage but at least you don't have the downside of a long td run and constant penalties. Uggh. How did DeCamilis keep his job. Seriously.

Defense played admirably and did a nice job against the type of offense they historically struggle against. Briggs played well, Allen showed up, Willie Young is a beast. That said, if they made tackles, game ends a lot sooner. Coverage still was soft at times and I hope Conte / Tillman etc can somehow return. Presume Tillman's career is over but hoping it isn't.