2014-2015 NFL Football thread

• Replies 8.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Sep 15, 2014 -> 12:08 PM)
I think they have to start coming out by wednesday to account for TNF

I guess Conte is questionable on Monday with a shoulder strain. All things considered that was good news as I think the Bears expected it to be worse. I'm most curious about Tillman because I'm a huge fan of his.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Sep 15, 2014 -> 02:13 PM)
I guess Conte is questionable on Monday with a shoulder strain. All things considered that was good news as I think the Bears expected it to be worse. I'm most curious about Tillman because I'm a huge fan of his.

twitter is already buzzing that the bears are placing him on season ending IR

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Sep 15, 2014 -> 12:16 PM)
twitter is already buzzing that the bears are placing him on season ending IR

I found it interesting that he jumped up and "shoulder-bumped" someone after the Niners last play, considering he was out with a shoulder injury. I assume it was the other shoulder, but still seemed a bit stupid to do.

QUOTE (scs787 @ Sep 15, 2014 -> 12:29 PM)
Rotoworld Football ‏@Rotoworld_FB 8m

Bears placing CB Tillman on year-ending I.R. http://dlvr.it/6w9f4Q

Tough break for Tillman. As much as it pains me to say it I think the Bears might be better off though.

I don't think so. Tillman could still play and we could have always used him in more of a nickel role. Really bummed. That will likely be his career with the Bears and maybe his NFL career. Will always go down as one of my all time favorite Bears!

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Sep 15, 2014 -> 02:46 PM)
That really sucks. Talk about a great Bear. Peanut was a game changer when he was on the field.

Even in last night's game you could just tell that he was a pro, the way he tackles WRs is textbook for turnovers. He'll be missed.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Sep 15, 2014 -> 01:16 PM)
I'm giving you a hard time because you basically said it didn't matter whether our injured players played or not, because we had no chance.

Simmer down.

Actually, what I said was that if our injured players didn't play, we were f***ed.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Sep 15, 2014 -> 03:43 PM)
Gonna be interesting to see the kid Fuller grow up quickly now. Tillman will be sorely missed.

im not so concerned about him replacing Tillman as much as i am concerned about whomever replaces Fuller at nickel.

With him, Jennings and Tillman on the field at the same time, no pass is safe.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Sep 15, 2014 -> 01:35 PM)
Actually, what I said was that if our injured players didn't play, we were f***ed.

Uh, ok.

I was complaining about the fact that we almost always seem to have significant injuries whenever we get a chance to play an elite team...your response was this:

Yeah, but they lost to the bills last week and started the game healthy. Let's stop kidding ourselves that this is some awesome team only held back by God being a meanie.

Point is, YOU WERE WRONG!

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Sep 15, 2014 -> 01:48 PM)
im not gonna even call him out on it. Up until the 4th quarter last night, everyone was thinking the same thing he was

Nonsense. I was even commenting on how crappy all of you would be to watch the game at the bar with.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Sep 15, 2014 -> 03:47 PM)
im not so concerned about him replacing Tillman as much as i am concerned about whomever replaces Fuller at nickel.

That's when the oldest running back in the league comes out and knocks that whippersnapper Conte on his ass.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Sep 15, 2014 -> 08:47 PM)

I'm really interested to see who they pick. I still think Frey has the inside track, but maybe Hayden due to special teams.