2014-2015 NFL Football thread

QUOTE (bmags @ Sep 15, 2014 -> 03:57 PM)
I'm really interested to see who they pick. I still think Frey has the inside track, but maybe Hayden due to special teams.

FWIW, they cut Hayden at the final cuts, brought em back, then cut him again...So I'm not real sure what they think of him.

I really liked what I saw in Louis-Jean and hope he gets the call. Frey was just meh to me last year.

• Replies 8.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Sep 16, 2014 -> 09:05 AM)
Peanut is one of my all time favorites. Suck that this is how his season will end.

Hopefully he teaches Fuller the Peanut Punch.

And remember when he shut down Megatron? Optimus Peanut may be my favorite nickname ever.

I still remember him ripping the ball away from Randy Moss in the endzone to save the game early on in his career.

What he could do to Moss in his prime was what no corner in the league could do. He truly is one of the best ever and I think its unfortunate at times that he was part of such a good defense as he was overshadowed a bit by Urlacher but he was a truly exceptional cornerback who had a long run in this league. The one thing is, corners have been able to have longer careers. Maybe he is able to make his way back. If he was, as far as I'm concerned, there is always a roster spot in Chicago for him. Easily the best Bears cornerback during my lifetime.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Sep 16, 2014 -> 10:01 AM)
What he could do to Moss in his prime was what no corner in the league could do. He truly is one of the best ever and I think its unfortunate at times that he was part of such a good defense as he was overshadowed a bit by Urlacher but he was a truly exceptional cornerback who had a long run in this league. The one thing is, corners have been able to have longer careers. Maybe he is able to make his way back. If he was, as far as I'm concerned, there is always a roster spot in Chicago for him. Easily the best Bears cornerback during my lifetime.

Yeah, I agree, I don't see why it has to be the end for Peanut.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Sep 16, 2014 -> 10:01 AM)

The cushion based let them catch the ball cover 2 was both a blessing and curse for him.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Sep 16, 2014 -> 11:58 AM)
I'm sure it won't go anywhere, but...

Travis Waldron ‏@Travis_Waldron 32m

Sen. Maria Cantwell: "In the next few days I will be dropping legislation to end" NFL's nonprofit tax status.

PS. VOTE FOR ME

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Sep 16, 2014 -> 11:58 AM)
I'm sure it won't go anywhere, but...

Travis Waldron ‏@Travis_Waldron 32m

Sen. Maria Cantwell: "In the next few days I will be dropping legislation to end" NFL's nonprofit tax status.

The NFL has non-profit tax status? Is that some sort of a joke?

Edited by chw42

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Sep 16, 2014 -> 10:11 AM)

The note at the bottom indicates that the NFL does not make money and thus would not actually be subject to taxes. However, even if they did, the NFL isn't in the business of making a profit. Any excess returns would be paid out to the individual league teams which are taxed or go to the players consistent with however league revenues are split per their agreement. Now if the NFL is holding a ton of excess capital on their own as a way of tax sheltering it for owners, okay, then maybe I understand, but otherwise, everything is getting taxed and fairly.

NFL is just a conduit to generate everything and then dividends it out to the various individuals / other businesses who pay taxes. There are tons of various investment / businesses structured this way and that seems to be the fair thing. Would it make sense to tax all of the revenues and then do it all over again. Also, someone will say...well what about Goodell, well technically all of the league expenses are just shared expenses over the various franchises so in theory each franchise is taking that hit and paying its fair tax and goodell's income is ultimately an off-set to their tax liability. Goodell then has to pay his fair tax.

Bottom line...this article is a load of junk and is a non-issue. However, I will caveat this as I haven't taken a lot of time to think through this and maybe there is some loophole or unintended tax code item that I'm missing out on, but I really don't see how this is even relevant. Seems like a stupid senator making a stance to get her elected that is uneducated and it also seems like a generally stupid forbes article.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Sep 16, 2014 -> 12:24 PM)
Huh? He made up that quote. I didn't say that.

I was referring to your actual quote

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Sep 14, 2014 -> 08:18 AM)
No Alshon or Marshall tonight. Hello, 0-2 and awful Sunday Night Football game.

Which, at the time looked very likely, and even with Alshon and Brandon, up until the 4th quarter still looked very likely.

On a side note, I wonder if SOXOBAMA is ok

E60 is running a special on Brandon Marshall today at 7...And it appears BMarsh isn't too happy about the final product.

Machine Marshall ‏@BMarshall 32m

@E60 is running a piece on me tonight that they lied to me about. It was suppose to be a story on a camp. They followed me around 2 years

Machine Marshall ‏@BMarshall 26m

That @espn and @lisasalters continues to try and tell my story in @espn's words.

Machine Marshall ‏@BMarshall 5m

Better yet I'm pissed off - beyond disappointed. This is the second time @espn did this.

Machine Marshall ‏@BMarshall 32s

I trust Espn to tell my story & they lied to me once again to get my interview .Media exploits & tells thier own stories. Disappoints again

Edited by scs787