2014-2015 NFL Football thread

• Replies 8.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Sep 22, 2014 -> 10:41 PM)
Probably should have been a flag, didn't play the ball

Exactly what I thought. We got away with one there. Although to be fair, I don't think he would have caught the ball in bounds if there was no defender there.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Sep 23, 2014 -> 01:43 AM)
Some of the angles Kyle Fuller takes is just incredible to see from a rookie. He will make mistakes, but that kid is legit.

He's pretty damn good. Although I have to wonder what made him take his interception out of the end zone, that was a head-scratcher.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Sep 22, 2014 -> 08:47 PM)
A win's a win, especially on the road. Way to get 2 Ws after the loss to Buffalo.

Rodgers has to be licking his chops at the Bears safety situation.

Yeah, we're going to need at least 30+ next week....

QUOTE (dasox24 @ Sep 22, 2014 -> 11:13 PM)
At first, I thought that last play was PI too. But upon replay, Vereen does get his head around. Good no call. Especially because it was out of bounds anyway.

It also appeared to have more contact than it looked in review. Officiating was poor overall last night.

Did any of the safeties injuries sound serious? Conte would probably be the worst as he got off favoring his injured shoulder.

That was Bostic's best game as a pro. I'm feeling better about him being an eventual starter.

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Sep 23, 2014 -> 02:06 PM)
Have you guys watched the Packers offense this year? Not pretty.

Seahawks, Jets, Lions away, that's not the best slate to score points. Lions every once in a while put those games together at home that you think they'll be a beast.

Hopefully they never are, because I hate every one of those players.

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Sep 23, 2014 -> 09:23 AM)
The jets were stopped on 4th down last evening but he HL decided to change where he spotted the ball. He comes in inside the yard to gain than runs around the player and ends up on the other side of teh 30.
That call was garbage.

The DPI early in the game was the right call btw

I don't see how. Jeffery grabbed the DB's arm and pulled him around.

Eh, I don't care, that stuff tends to even out over the year. I don't care if this is a lucky year like 01. I'm glad we finally have a rookie class playing.

But that said, no more injuries please. We've had enough. I can't wait to get Slauson back.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Sep 23, 2014 -> 09:26 AM)
That call was garbage.

I don't see how. Jeffery grabbed the DB's arm and pulled him around.

The initial contact on Jeffrey was an arm bar by the defender. If he does not stick his arm out Jeffrey does not grab it and is thus impeded from coming back to the ball. It was nto as bad as gruden maade it sound as he never did give it up.

The fumble.....well that was really bad officiating.

BTW the Mike and Mike Show and the Mulley and Hanley show have two very different perspectives on how good the Jets starting QB is. Listening to both this morning was amazing.

QUOTE (bmags @ Sep 23, 2014 -> 09:26 AM)
Eh, I don't care, that stuff tends to even out over the year. I don't care if this is a lucky year like 01. I'm glad we finally have a rookie class playing.

But that said, no more injuries please. We've had enough. I can't wait to get Slauson back.

No hurry on Garza though. De AL Puenta looked pretty damn good.