2014-2015 NFL Football thread

• Replies 8.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Sep 26, 2014 -> 11:02 AM)
Will Leitch had a good article on the Simmons situation: http://www.sportsonearth.com/article/96333...espn-suspension

I do disagree with the point he makes that the only reason ESPN has all the power is live sports. That might be a key differentiator today, but what made ESPN big was SportsCenter. A huge portion of the day you can watch news all about sports. Or not watch - you don't have to pay close attention, it can just be the thing that's on in the background. I almost wonder if some of the other channels are screwing up by not focusing on this. NBCSN, I don't want to watch cycling. Tell me the same thing about yesterday's sporting events over and over.

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Sep 26, 2014 -> 01:19 PM)
@Rich_Campbell

Bears rule concussed DT Jeremiah Ratliff OUT for Sunday's game against the Packers.

Damn, 2 weeks in a row. He was very good the first 2 weeks. Guess I'm just glad all it is a concussion and not something worse.

Edited by scs787

QUOTE (scs787 @ Sep 26, 2014 -> 02:46 PM)
Damn, 2 weeks in a row. He was very good the first 2 weeks. Guess I'm just glad all it is a concussion and not something worse.

Well a concussion could very well be worse, it just isn't automatically so by definition. The longer a guy is out with a concussion, the more I worry that he'll never be the same. A not noteworthy concussion usually doesn't take 3+ weeks to recover from. Even worse for a lineman who will bang his head against the guy across from him every single down.