2014-2015 NFL Football thread

• Replies 8.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Oct 2, 2014 -> 10:07 AM)
This week's opponent has the kind of offense that gives the Bears D problems: an offense with a quarterback.

Ehh not really. They don't really have any weapons. And Newton isn't the same player right now. He's really banged up.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Oct 2, 2014 -> 10:43 AM)
Ehh not really. They don't really have any weapons. And Newton isn't the same player right now. He's really banged up.

Benjamin looks like he's kind of a beast, but yeah, Jerrico Cotchery, even if he's caught a few balls, shouldn't strike too much fear into the hearts of the opponents.

I didn't say a good quarterback. I said a quarterback. If the other team lines up a quarterback under center, the Bears D is in trouble.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Oct 2, 2014 -> 10:59 AM)
I didn't say a good quarterback. I said a quarterback. If the other team lines up a quarterback under center, the Bears D is in trouble.

Kaepernick is very similar to Newton in style, and the Bears played him pretty well

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Oct 2, 2014 -> 09:13 AM)
Kaepernick is very similar to Newton in style, and the Bears played him pretty well

It was the first time in a long time we had done anything against a zone read QB and Allen did a pretty good job staying home. We don't even know if we'll have him. I'd say Cam is a better QB then Cap, although agree that as a whole they are similar players with similar upsides (and I say that in a positive manner in regards to both).

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Oct 2, 2014 -> 09:28 AM)
It was the first time in a long time we had done anything against a zone read QB and Allen did a pretty good job staying home. We don't even know if we'll have him. I'd say Cam is a better QB then Newton, although agree that as a whole they are similar players with similar upsides (and I say that in a positive manner in regards to both).

And to think this entire time I thought they were the same person...

QUOTE (pettie4sox @ Oct 2, 2014 -> 11:24 AM)
Secondary is a bunch of rookies for the most part and we didn't have Allen and Ratliff. Once the Bears get healthy, I anticipate they will be fine and will feast on GB at Lambeau.

200.gif

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Oct 2, 2014 -> 11:58 AM)
So the game plan should be just pray that Cam has 4 TO's, mostly unforced?

huh, here i was thinking that the Bears forced those turnovers. I didnt realize Kaep hiked the ball and walked to a defender and gave it to them

QUOTE (scs787 @ Oct 2, 2014 -> 11:07 AM)
Ya, the cover 2, or whatever they're running is just really soft. Opposing teams are consistently finding the soft spot in the zone and exploiting it for big gains.

They've gotta start playing their safeties closer to home and forcing teams to beat them over the top.

Mostly they just need to tackle the guy after he catches it. They've mostly been short completions and a good run after.

Here's a decent recap of those picks with gifs. I agree the fumble isn't really his fault, but 2 of the 3 interceptions, if not all 3, were his fault.

http://www.ninersnation.com/2014/9/17/6252...rom-49ers-bears

1st pick is a great catch by Conte, but it's not a good throw and he telegraphed where he was going from the start of the play. No real need for him to do that.

2nd pick was a good "steal" by Fuller, but the pass was terrible. Way behind Crabtree.

3rd pick was just not a good decision, throwing while running, and he waited too long to throw it. Basically right at Fuller.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Oct 2, 2014 -> 12:57 PM)
Here's a decent recap of those picks with gifs. I agree the fumble isn't really his fault, but 2 of the 3 interceptions, if not all 3,were his fault,http://www.ninersnation.com/2014/9/17/6252...rom-49ers-bears

1st pick is a great catch by Conte, but it's not a good throw and he telegraphed where he was going from the start of the play. No real need for him to do that.

2nd pick was a good "steal" by Fuller, but the pass was terrible. Way behind Crabtree.

3rd pick was just not a good decision, throwing while running, and he waited too long to throw it. Basically right at Fuller.

You seriously do anything to discredit defense. you did the same thing with Lovie, you attribute it all to luck or the other team being bad

I actually mixed up Conte's pick and Fuller's second pick. That second throw to Fuller was a bad throw by Kapernick, but Fuller still had to make a good play on the ball. Conte's pick was a great athletic play. Fuller's first pick was him hiding in the coverage and making a great play on the ball. Yeah, a perfect throw doesn't get picked there, but it was still a decent throw.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Oct 2, 2014 -> 11:57 AM)
Here's a decent recap of those picks with gifs. I agree the fumble isn't really his fault, but 2 of the 3 interceptions, if not all 3, were his fault.

http://www.ninersnation.com/2014/9/17/6252...rom-49ers-bears

So the first and second INTs involved fantastic individual efforts from the Bears secondary, but because they were not perfect throws or decisions by Kaepernick, the Bears defense gets no credit. Got it.

And on the 3rd, discussed in depth at the time of the pick, Fuller is at the sideline covering the shorter route when the throw is made, makes a very nice read and gets the pick. It's not like Fuller was just standing there and had the ball hit him between the numbers.

QUOTE (knightni @ Oct 2, 2014 -> 11:30 AM)
I think that you'd almost want Ola or De La Puente over Garza.

Slausson will be a huge addition, though.

Also, they keep hemming and hawing about Chris Williams. I hope that they let him return kicks this week.

Apparently Bushrod injured his knee so Slaus/Garza coming back will be much needed. Ola probably moves to LT with Slaus moving back in at guard. Ola has been solid at guard so hopefully he holds up if need be at LT.