2014-2015 NFL Football thread

• Replies 8.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For as good as the offense has looked much of the time today, it's baffling how infrequently they've been able to convert into points. That has been true throughout the year. No ability to close. Looks like we'll win this one, though

QUOTE (Jake @ Nov 16, 2014 -> 02:58 PM)
All told, not a bad day for Bears. We still saw flashes of head-scratchingly bad play, but both sides of the ball can sleep well tonight. I assume special teams never sleeps at night

You have to wonder how a team can get 40 some-odd yards on a punt fake...

Packers already up 24-3 with 10 minutes left in the second quarter.

I know the Bears looked like s*** last week, but this Eagles team is one of the best in the NFC and they're getting destroyed in almost every possible way on defense.

It's amazing how much better the offense looks when you let your stud receievers make plays. I don't know where that's been all year. Given how Mike Evans has been playing, the Cutler/McCown showdown could end up being a shootout.

The 4-6 Bears are 3 games out of a playoff spot. The 4-6 Falcons would host a playoff game if the season ended today.

QUOTE (thxfrthmmrs @ Nov 16, 2014 -> 10:50 AM)
I've said many times and I will say it again. Cutler is a much better QB when he rolls out of pocket and buys more time with his feet. But often times he forces a throw on his back foot when staying in pocket. That play was Rodge-esque.

Trestman doesn't seem to think that is a good idea. This takes away so many of his big plays by oversimplifying everything and making it about quick pre-snap reads, etc. I just think Jay is a very bad fit for what Trestman is trying to do but again, Jay has to stop giving the ball up so much anyway. I say trade him if we can or bring in a defense coach and figure with the weapons and a solid OC who focuses on the run, we can protect Jay enough if we can rebuild the D to be completive with Jay while we try to find a new QB.

By the way, this more just shows how bad Minny is then the Bears being all that good, imo. Jay had some awful turnovers in this game but at least he also had a number of very big plays and the offense appeared to be opened up quite a bit more. I still don't know where and why we don't run the ball more.

QUOTE (Jake @ Nov 16, 2014 -> 12:50 PM)
For as good as the offense has looked much of the time today, it's baffling how infrequently they've been able to convert into points. That has been true throughout the year. No ability to close. Looks like we'll win this one, though

I think coaching is a lot of it but also the players. We don't do the little things necessary to win and finish drives, imo. At least they f***ing threw the ball downfield. So pathetic how long that has taken. It was like we remembered we have big guys that can use the rest of the field and we can move our QB in the pocket a bit. Novel concept.

Trestman really isn't the offensive genius he is cracked up to be. Not in this era of the NFL.