2014-2015 NFL Football thread

• Replies 8.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (bmags @ Jan 2, 2015 -> 10:37 AM)
So, yesterday we heard DeCosta declined Jets interview. I'm guessing it's a matter of time with the Bears before declined.

For as much as I want him, he clearly will be a GM in his mind, and likely if he gets that job he'll be a gm for 10-15 years. There's so much to do on the bears he may only get his dream job for 3-5 years.

he probably looks at Reggie McKenzie and thinks he made a huge mistake.

Exactly. I think the Ravens have made it so comfortable to him there that it would take a team willing to give him President status to lure him away from that org. They pay him like a GM currently and have promised him that he is next in line for their GM job when its time. He would have so much more to loose including his own stock by taking one of these GM jobs with teams that are a complete mess. He is making the right decision by staying where he is at.

QUOTE (Jake @ Jan 2, 2015 -> 10:38 AM)
What's so great about Doug Marrone?

You can say that about all of the candidates, really. To the ones that have a lot of hype, none of them have head coaching experience. The ones that have experience, have recently experienced bad seasons.

There is no golden boy candidate anymore, that guy is shopping for houses in Ann Arbor

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jan 2, 2015 -> 10:57 AM)
You can say that about all of the candidates, really. To the ones that have a lot of hype, none of them have head coaching experience. The ones that have experience, have recently experienced bad seasons.

There is no golden boy candidate anymore, that guy is shopping for houses in Ann Arbor

This is how I feel. Beside AZ, the past 2 years have not seen a new up and coming franchise. We are still talking about Pats/Seattle/Denver, and are now talking about their 2nd gen coordinators.

Unless of course we are talking about AZ, where we would be hiring the coordinator of the coach we turned town 2 years ago.

Very pessimistic times. I'm almost ready for Kubiak to be honest. He'd get us back to 9-7 then we can fire him for another terrible coach.

QUOTE (bmags @ Jan 2, 2015 -> 11:02 AM)
This is how I feel. Beside AZ, the past 2 years have not seen a new up and coming franchise. We are still talking about Pats/Seattle/Denver, and are now talking about their 2nd gen coordinators.

Unless of course we are talking about AZ, where we would be hiring the coordinator of the coach we turned town 2 years ago.

Very pessimistic times. I'm almost ready for Kubiak to be honest. He'd get us back to 9-7 then we can fire him for another terrible coach.

Kubiak would be good IMHO. The GM is who will really matter at the end of the day though.

@packers: #Packers promote Eliot Wolf to director of player personnel.

Some teams were sniffing around Wolf. He might be a little too young to be a GM now, but he could be the Packers future GM. This pretty much makes him Ted Thompsons right hand man.

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Jan 2, 2015 -> 02:34 PM)
@packers: #Packers promote Eliot Wolf to director of player personnel.

Some teams were sniffing around Wolf. He might be a little too young to be a GM now, but he could be the Packers future GM. This pretty much makes him Ted Thompsons right hand man.

Not a bad bloodline.

QUOTE (lord chas @ Jan 3, 2015 -> 04:05 PM)
Cards might have to consider seeing if Logan Thomas gives them a spark. Lindley is doing nothing

Yeah I agree Lindley was straight up hot garbage. He looked like a joe schmo out there.

Edited by pettie4sox