2014-2015 NFL Football thread

• Replies 8.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I went to a bull riding event tonight at the All-State Arena because we were given chute seats, which are right above where the bulls are let loose. I mean, I could have dropped my phone on a bull's head. I could have given the riders a high-5, we were super f***ing close. Anyway, the event itself was cool and seeing a bull throw not only a rodeo clown, but then turn around and chase down the HORSE, flipping the back end of the horse too. It was crazy.

Anyway, we got to go down on the dirt afterwards, or maybe we just snuck down, and not only did I get to meet Barry Weiss from Storage Wars who apparently sponsors a rider, but I also got to meet Jared Allen. The man is just gigantic, and I'm a big dude myself. He was super nice and he actually just hung out with about 100 of us down on the dirt. He just stood there and chatted with his buddies and was just a normal person after a few people like myself who recognized him got pictures. Kind of surreal, I have met some athletes before, but most of those were them trying to get somewhere and moving along. This was Jared just shaking my hand, saying hi, getting a picture, and then we both just turned and talked to our groups for another 15 minutes. It was weird not seeing an athlete swarmed by fans. He was just a regular dude.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jan 11, 2015 -> 08:31 AM)
Rex Ryan to Buffalo

I like Ryan, but how does a team with a stud defense and no QB or offense improve by hiring him?

Only thing that changed is his team colors. Really good defense, not so good offense, he just traded Geno for EJ

QUOTE (scs787 @ Jan 11, 2015 -> 10:36 AM)
Bears are said to make a big push for Gary Kubiak. I really liked watching the Ravens offense yesterday and actually found myself wanting Kubiak, so to me, this is good news.

I like Kubiak as a OC, but not as a head coach.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jan 11, 2015 -> 02:06 PM)
Potentially season saving forced fumble by Peppers, Murray was gone for 6 there. Where was that last year?

Like most veterans that played under Trestman, the performance was sorely lacking