2014-2015 NFL Football thread

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jan 11, 2015 -> 04:19 PM)
Once I saw that ball pop up after hitting the ground I said no. The ground jarred it loose.

That's fine. I guess you and I have a different interpretation then. In my opinion, the ball is obviously caught and controlled, Bryant extends his arm for end zone, changing the course of the controlled ball, and it's jarred as it hits the ground after it was possessed and caught.

Clearly the rules are the rules, and according to those rules - it was the correct call, so it's moot. Either way I hate the damn packers. Go seahawks

Edited by daa84

• Replies 8.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Middle Buffalo @ Jan 11, 2015 -> 04:24 PM)
All Dez had to do was catch he ball. He did not need to stretch for a TD. In stretching for a TD, the ball was jarred loose by the ground. Good call.

I'll add that I was rooting for Dallas, but Dez routinely acts like an idiot, so I'm not surprised he isn't smart enough to know that the situation called for a catch, not a TD.

being a little harsh. I dont think he was reaching for the endzone. just happened to be in that type of position when he was falling to the ground.

QUOTE (daa84 @ Jan 11, 2015 -> 04:25 PM)
That's fine. I guess you and I have a different interpretation then. In my opinion, the ball is obviously caught and controlled, Bryant extends his arm for end zone, changing the course of the controlled ball, and it's jarred as it hits the ground after it was possessed and caught.

Clearly the rules are the rules, and according to those rules - it was the correct call, so it's moot. Either way I hate the damn packers. Go seahawks

My thoughts exactly. It's unfortunate for the Cowboys.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jan 11, 2015 -> 03:59 PM)
Trent Richardson - inactive for a playoff game. What was worse, the Browns drafting him so high or the Colts giving up a 1st round pick after watching him suck?

Hard to believe how many of the Alabama running backs have flamed out at the next level. TRich and Ingram have been mediocre at best. Lacy has been good but seems to be prone to injury due to his running style

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jan 11, 2015 -> 05:20 PM)
@ProFootballTalk: Just heard Cowboys defensive coordinator Rod Marinelli is expected to become the defensive coordinator in Tampa.

been the buzz in Tampa since end of the regular season.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jan 11, 2015 -> 04:02 PM)
Hard to believe how many of the Alabama running backs have flamed out at the next level. TRich and Ingram have been mediocre at best. Lacy has been good but seems to be prone to injury due to his running style

Ingram had a pretty good year this year.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jan 11, 2015 -> 05:34 PM)
So is Leslie Frazier canned?

would appear so.

probably next week since the Bucs have to wait for Marinelli's contract to expire.

Lovie wanted Marinelli last year but couldnt get him from the Cowboys.

Edited by zenryan

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jan 11, 2015 -> 02:59 PM)
Wow. I don't think the reversal was wrong, I think it's just a bad rule.

I hate this rule. He caught the ball and hit his elbow and knee down. The thing that drives me crazy is say he doesn't bobble the ball after that, and keeps the catch, they don't give him the end zone, they will would have marked him at the spot where he was down with his elbow and knee. So if that is the spot he is down, why does what the receiver does after that matter? The rule is stupid.

QUOTE (Boogua @ Jan 11, 2015 -> 05:40 PM)
I hope the whole Luck vs Wilson argument is pretty much dead at this point. Luck is an absolute stud. Wilson is a very good player and a very good game manager, but he isn't as good as Luck.

What is the point of this post?

QUOTE (Boogua @ Jan 11, 2015 -> 05:40 PM)
I hope the whole Luck vs Wilson argument is pretty much dead at this point. Luck is an absolute stud. Wilson is a very good player and a very good game manager, but he isn't as good as Luck.

Why would it be dead? They're both great young qb's and it's a close call on who is better.