2014-2015 NFL Football thread

• Replies 8.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jan 12, 2015 -> 07:48 AM)
I remember when the call was reversed on Megatron i said "I will take it", but felt very guilty in saying so.

True, that was a TD catch.

You know that if the roles were reversed and it was Jordy Nelson instead of Dez Bryant, Packers fans would be the ones b****ing and moaning this morning...:P

Edited by MexSoxFan#1

QUOTE (pettie4sox @ Jan 12, 2015 -> 08:09 AM)
If gimpy Rodgers beats the Seahawks in Seattle, he will go from god status to omnipotent deity status.

You bet, even as a die hard Bears fan, I can't hate the guy, he's just so stupid good.

QUOTE (Brian @ Jan 12, 2015 -> 06:41 AM)
If the ground can't cause a fumble, I just feel that if Dez caught the ball, cuffed it, and took a few steps before the ground knocked it out, it should've been ruled a catch. He had control of the ball. It wasn't wobbly as he headed to the ground. Rule needs to be fine tuned.

Which playoff game was it where a back caught a pass, fell untouched, started rolling to advance the ball, got hit, ball out, recovered by other team, and refs gave it back to the offense. I understand being down, but if you go down, untouched, and still try and advance the ball then get hit and ball pops out, that should be a fumble in my eyes.

Rant over.

The ground can cause a fumble in the NFL. However, most of the time, the player would be down by contact. The only argument is did he have possession long enough before he went down (he did take a couple of steps before he went down, but he was falling when making the catch ), and if you go by the rule, no. It's a crappy rule. But it is the rule. IMO, they called it correctly, and I really hate the Packers.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Jan 12, 2015 -> 02:23 AM)
You just contradicted yourself. By "Stretching for the TD" he is making a football move. At that point, it's ruled a catch. According to the reversal, he never showed he had possession, he never stretched or reached for the endzone. And that's horses***. I've seen the replay 100 times now. He is absolutely turning his arm up towards the goalline. If he was just trying to catch the ball, he would have tucked it, not extended outward.

Horrible call to end a great game. The NFL is a f***ing joke with some of these calls and rules. For all the Lions fans who said that the horrible call last week ended their season, they've got nothing on this call, as the Cowboys never possessed the ball again, and were losing. Lions were winning and had 2 more possessions. While both were bad calls, one team had good chance to make the call irrelevant. The other team is the Cowboys.

And the Cowboys had a damn good chance to win the Superbowl as well. They have beaten 2 of the 3 opponents possibly advancing already this season.

The highlighted is the only correct part of this post. It's a dumb rule for sure, but it was absolutely the correct call based on those rules. The Lions were legitimately screwed by the refs last week. The Cowboys were lucky to even be here still. Not even the same situation. It is quite the comedic karma seeing the difference in opinion from Cowboys fans from last week to this week however. You see the catch and then it gets reversed. It's almost as if a flag got picked up and cancelled, huh?

QUOTE (pettie4sox @ Jan 12, 2015 -> 08:09 AM)
If gimpy Rodgers beats the Seahawks in Seattle, he will go from god status to omnipotent deity status.

What's crazy though is how little playoff success he has had outside of the one Super Bowl run. In all other seasons, he was 1-4 in the playoffs (before yesterday) and that one victory was over Joe Webb. (I'm not trying to draw any conclusions about Rodgers, just thought it was interesting.)

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jan 12, 2015 -> 08:34 AM)
What's crazy though is how little playoff success he has had outside of the one Super Bowl run. In all other seasons, he was 1-4 in the playoffs (before yesterday) and that one victory was over Joe Webb. (I'm not trying to draw any conclusions about Rodgers, just thought it was interesting.)

He had 5 touchdowns in the playoff lost to the Cardinals. This game is a perfect example of why W-L isn't a QB stat.

He did have some tough games against the Giants and the 49ers twice, but their defense also played awful in two of those games.

Edited by GoSox05

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jan 12, 2015 -> 08:40 AM)
Won't even interview with the Bears for a promotion

Dan Pompeii mentioned this morning that it could be those serious health issues that he had in his final year that is keeping him where he is at. It was just an opinion, but there could be a lot of truth to it. Didnt he have a stroke on the sideline?

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Jan 12, 2015 -> 08:41 AM)
He had 5 touchdowns in the playoff lost to the Cardinals. This game is a perfect example of why W-L isn't a QB stat.

He did have some tough games against the Giants and the 49ers twice, but their defense also played awful in two of those games.

I saw that 51-45 score and remembered that crazy game. Like I said, I wasn't trying to draw conclusions about Rodgers, just didn't realize how little success they have had playoff wise. I think I was blinded by the NFC North domination. :angry:

Packers have done fine in the playoffs. It's tough to win in the playoffs. Every team has ugly playoffs losses. The key is to make it as much as possible to give yourself more chances.

That being said, I have no idea how the Packers win in Seattle. It's gonna take a perfect game.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jan 12, 2015 -> 08:47 AM)
Dan Pompeii mentioned this morning that it could be those serious health issues that he had in his final year that is keeping him where he is at. It was just an opinion, but there could be a lot of truth to it. Didnt he have a stroke on the sideline?

Yeah, he collapsed at halftime of a game. From what I read, it wasn't technically a stroke, but could have been a precursor to one. His statement claims that wants to stay in Baltimore because he likes what they are building, but that sounds better than publicly blaming your health.

I can't figure out why Rex Ryan took the Buffalo job. Isn't that pretty much the Jets about 5 years ago? Great defense with no QB and no first round pick this year.

I'll take Matt Ryan and the Falcons defense rebuild any day over that.

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Jan 12, 2015 -> 09:12 AM)
I can't figure out why Rex Ryan took the Buffalo job. Isn't that pretty much the Jets about 5 years ago? Great defense with no QB and no first round pick this year.

Its the Jets last year(defense is better, but Ryan always coaches his defense well). He just traded Geno for EJ

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Jan 12, 2015 -> 09:00 AM)
Packers have done fine in the playoffs. It's tough to win in the playoffs. Every team has ugly playoffs losses. The key is to make it as much as possible to give yourself more chances.

That being said, I have no idea how the Packers win in Seattle. It's gonna take a perfect game.

If Rodgers was completely healthy, they'd have a legit shot, gimpy I just don't see it. You know Seattle is gonna bring the pressure.

Well he thought that Atlanta wanted to hire someone else. SF was going in another direction. He didn't truly want to work in tv. Buffalo offered him $27 million and he took it. That's what happened.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Jan 12, 2015 -> 09:15 AM)
Well he thought that Atlanta wanted to hire someone else. SF was going in another direction. He didn't truly want to work in tv. Buffalo offered him $27 million and he took it. That's what happened.

If he did it for the cash, well that's one thing.

Falcons have a built in offense, something he never had in NY. They need work on defense, but they have the 8th overall pick and a full draft to get better. They are also in one of the worst divisions in the league. I don't know, but it seems like a perfect fit.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jan 12, 2015 -> 09:13 AM)
Its the Jets last year(defense is better, but Ryan always coaches his defense well). He just traded Geno for EJ

The Bills went 9-7 with Kyle Orton as their QB. The Jets went 4-12 and they got absolutely curb stomped by the Bills twice.

The Bills are a far superior team to the Jets at this point and Rexy loves his defense. The Bills are also not in salary cap hell and he has a far better GM giving him talent in Doug Whaley compared to Idzik. The Bills will be bringing in at least one QB and I wouldn't be surprised to see them bring in 2 or 3. It's not going to be EJ or bust.

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Jan 12, 2015 -> 09:14 AM)
If Rodgers was completely healthy, they'd have a legit shot, gimpy I just don't see it. You know Seattle is gonna bring the pressure.

That's why I didn't get why the cowboys didn't pressure him. The dude was literally on one leg and you only rush four. You don't give an elite QB time to throw because he'll burn you every single time.

Edited by pettie4sox

$5.5 million per year.

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Jan 12, 2015 -> 09:00 AM)

They will pretty much need quick routes and to keep Rodgers upright.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Jan 12, 2015 -> 09:25 AM)
The Bills went 9-7 with Kyle Orton as their QB. The Jets went 4-12 and they got absolutely curb stomped by the Bills twice.

The Bills are a far superior team to the Jets at this point and Rexy loves his defense. The Bills are also not in salary cap hell and he has a far better GM giving him talent in Doug Whaley compared to Idzik. The Bills will be bringing in at least one QB and I wouldn't be surprised to see them bring in 2 or 3. It's not going to be EJ or bust.

What qb's could they possibly bring in? There is no good ones out there.

Only thing I could see them do is possibly draft someone like Bryce Petty in the second round.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Jan 12, 2015 -> 09:25 AM)

u mad bro