2014-2015 NFL Football thread

QUOTE (dasox24 @ Mar 27, 2014 -> 01:15 AM)
Sounds like he could be an UDFA type, in that case.

I agree that TE isn't a huge concern right now, but if Bennett goes down, I'm not too comfortable with Rosario and whoever else out there. The TE position goes back to what it was pre-Bennett days. It's not my preference to take a TE on Day 2 of the draft, but if the right guy is there, I'd have no problem with it.

I hear you. I guess really we just need to hit on this draft. We need cheap talent regardless of where. We can't keep buying every position.

• Replies 8.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (bmags @ Mar 26, 2014 -> 08:21 PM)
I hear you. I guess really we just need to hit on this draft. We need cheap talent regardless of where. We can't keep buying every position.

Couldn't have said it better myself. This is a very vital draft for the future. Have to hit on some young talent.

QUOTE (dasox24 @ Mar 26, 2014 -> 08:16 PM)
I remember watching that game because I wanted to see if the hype about Mack was real, and I came away very impressed. I'm became a big fan of his after that.

He ran AWAY from Braxton Miller and Dontre Wilson after a pick. That's some serious speed.

QUOTE (dasox24 @ Mar 27, 2014 -> 03:26 AM)
Couldn't have said it better myself. This is a very vital draft for the future. Have to hit on some young talent.

I also said this last draft.

We got 2 starting o-lineman, though debatable whether Mills will need to be replaced.

Bostic, I know Chisoxfn or NS want to be patient, but I was just appalled at how bad his instincts were. How many times can you see a running back following his blocker toward you, and you jump out of the way? That's crazy.

Greene looks like ST fodder. Washington and Wilson are interesting but slow to develop.

We need more like 50% this draft since 2012 was such a bust.

QUOTE (bmags @ Mar 27, 2014 -> 07:50 AM)

We got 2 starting o-lineman, though debatable whether Mills will need to be replaced.

Bostic, I know Chisoxfn or NS want to be patient, but I was just appalled at how bad his instincts were. How many times can you see a running back following his blocker toward you, and you jump out of the way? That's crazy.

Greene looks like ST fodder. Washington and Wilson are interesting but slow to develop.

Can't be me. I think our LB corps sucks. Williams hasn't been healthy in years and Bostic was awful. I like his talent but he was a joke on the field. No clue what to expect with Shea.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Mar 27, 2014 -> 10:38 AM)
Can't be me. I think our LB corps sucks. Williams hasn't been healthy in years and Bostic was awful. I like his talent but he was a joke on the field. No clue what to expect with Shea.

I have been waiting for your response on Jared Allen. You told them to go get him, and they did ;)

QUOTE (bmags @ Mar 27, 2014 -> 08:50 AM)

Bostic was definitely underwhelming. I didn't like the pick at the time because I watch a lot of SEC football and he never stood out to me. But I was hoping I was wrong. I'm certainly not giving up on him because guys develop at different rates. He clearly has all the physical tools needed. We'll have to hope for a big jump in Year 2.

Long... 'nuff said. I like Mills. He wasn't the greatest, but he was definitely serviceable. As a rookie who was a 5th rounder, that's all I could have hoped for. Hoping a full off-season will help him out and he'll take the next step.

I don't expect Washington to do much. With all the DE's we signed, there's a good chance he's not on the 53 man roster next year. And Greene was disappointing for me. I liked him a lot coming out of Rutgers, but he too looked overwhelmed last year.

I really like Wilson. I expect good things from him this year.

Edited by dasox24

QUOTE (dasox24 @ Mar 27, 2014 -> 12:08 PM)
Bostic was definitely underwhelming. I didn't like the pick at the time because I watch a lot of SEC football and he never stood out to me. But I was hoping I was wrong. I'm certainly not giving up on him because guys develop at different rates. He clearly has all the physical tools needed. We'll have to hope for a big jump in Year 2.

Long... 'nuff said. I like Mills. He wasn't the greatest, but he was definitely serviceable. As a rookie who was a 5th rounder, that's all I could have hoped for. Hoping a full off-season will help him out and he'll take the next step.

I don't expect Washington to do much. With all the DE's we signed, there's a good chance he's not on the 53 man roster next year. And Greene was disappointing for me. I liked him a lot coming out of Rutgers, but he too looked overwhelmed last year.

I really like Wilson. I expect good things from him this year.

Bostic played most of the year with nothing around him. I want to see him around real NFL linebackers, hell real NFL defenders, before making a good judgement

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 27, 2014 -> 12:22 PM)
Bostic played most of the year with nothing around him. I want to see him around real NFL linebackers, hell real NFL defenders, before making a good judgement

I think him playing behind a real defensive line will work wonders. I can't imagine they give up on him a year removed from drafting him in the 2nd round. He may end up at SAM with Williams in the middle, but I just can't see him on the bench.

BTW Allens cap hit this year is 3 mill. Goes up to 12.5 next year. If overthecap.com numbers are correct the last 2 years are basically option years for 8.5 and 8 mill respectively.

The 12.5 mill number looks a little high, but if the league salary number goes up to 140 next year the Bears still have 43 mill in cap space at this point for 2015. That's with Marshall being the only big time FA hitting the market....Unless you put Briggs in that category.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 27, 2014 -> 12:22 PM)

This. Also, FWIW, he rated exceptionally as a pass defender per PFF. Best pass defense from a MLB in NFL since vintage Urlacher in their rating system last time I checked

QUOTE (Jake @ Mar 27, 2014 -> 02:05 PM)
This. Also, FWIW, he rated exceptionally as a pass defender per PFF. Best pass defense from a MLB in NFL since vintage Urlacher in their rating system last time I checked

PFF had him ranked as the 17th best ILB in pass coverage last year.

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Mar 28, 2014 -> 04:41 PM)
I think teams are trying to get as many picks as possible. With this being one of the deepest drafts in years.

I wonder if the Rams are pissed. Now #1 and #2 trading down, may lower packages offered.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Mar 28, 2014 -> 11:24 AM)
Interesting that the Texans don't want to add Clowney to their already elite defense and then groom a QB

Is he really the value you want at a #1? A guy with motivation issues who can be a one trick pony?